Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Age of Conan
PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 1:03 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Has anyone gotten to try out Age of Conan yet? My roommate gave me an early pass to it, but it expired so if I want to play I have to pay... Is it any good? Any comparisons to WoW or Guild Wars would be fantastic (Since those are the only MMO's I have so far played). I really don't know if i want to play another MMO, and games in general haven't exactly tickled my fancy, but maybe some casual play would be fun. I don't exactly want to not like games anymore, it's just sort of happening, so something to get me back into the fray would be great.

Post subject: Re: Age of Conan
PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 2:25 am 
Major Contributor

No clue, sir. Only game of it's kind I've ever played is FFXI, and I'm not even playing that at the moment (though it's only because I chose to get 360 over the slim PS2).

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 3:50 am 
Regular

Well Aaron, I went to gamefaqs and received a mixed bag.

Here's what I gathered:

Pro:
M-rated (hell yeah! no more enemies falling over...you can decapitate those suckers)

Intuitive combat system (I believe it is more action based and doesn't have auto attacks or chain spelling)

It's Conan (yeah, I just threw that in there for no reason)

Looks good

Most of the problems in Beta have been fixed and the final release will probably have only a few small bugs.

Cons:

You're still grinding those levels

To run it at full capacity you're gonna need a good machine (quite a few people are running at 30fps as a result).

Other than the combat system, it's the same as most MMOs

Of course, I was only able to get a couple of people to talk to me at this time in the morning.

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 7:00 am 
Regular

Cab329 wrote:

Yeah, but there's still no ability to carry nubile, fainting maidens up to your room and ravish them, which was the whole appeal of Conan! :P So, I'll pass... :lol:

PostPosted: May 17th, 2008, 4:44 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Zaxares wrote:
Cab329 wrote:

Yeah, but there's still no ability to carry nubile, fainting maidens up to your room and ravish them, which was the whole appeal of Conan! :P So, I'll pass... :lol:

As long as I can punch camels and horses in the face I'm game 8)

Ya, the problem I'm having is that it sounds like it will be a updated WoW, but it won't really be that different in the sense that you are still trying to do the same damn things (level, get better equipment, etc.) At least if you are playing an RPG, it has a story, and while you still have a lot of leveling, it ends. You spend 50 hours, maybe, and you beat it. These MMO's just never end. That's one of the reasons I liked Guild Wars, since it was more like an online RPG, without the need to grind out levels and an actual story for the whole game.

I do love the idea of it being based off Conan though, so I guess I won't totally discount it yet.