Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 16th, 2017, 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How about adding a Fantasy Fights Topic?
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 12:34 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
I've got an idea that will make these threads a better place. How about adding a Fantasy Fights Topic? It's a thread where you choose two or more characters that will fight and discuss about who will the winner. I got the idea from the Toho Kingdom Forums, where they have a Fantasy Matches thread. A lot of forums have these, just to let you know. There will have to be rules for in how the fights are going bet set and making sure that it will be an interesting match. It can be mostly anime characters, but all character from every medium are fine. So do you think it's interesting or stupid?

Here's what I'm talking about.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=19

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 12:36 am 
Post Master

This is the type of thing a user should post without having to have any officials agree to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 12:46 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
This is the type of thing a user should post without having to have any officials agree to it.

They don't necessarily have to agree with it. It's just a suggestion. That's all. I just want to help make the Animetric Forums a bit more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 2:46 am 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
Mmsven wrote:

They don't necessarily have to agree with it. It's just a suggestion. That's all. I just want to help make the Animetric Forums a bit more interesting.

What are you asking then, that Murphey make a sticky for fantasy battles? Seibertron.com's had one like that for quite some time. Long enough for several dozen pages I think, anyway. That's not a sticky though. If you want a Fantasy Battles thread, why not just make one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 8:29 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Gojira isn't really talking about making just a thread about it, which he could do himself. He's talking about making an area for such fantasy battles, like how the forum has Anime, Manga, Live Action, etc., sections (something only I could setup) and like how it's setup on the forum he linked to.

Now, as for the Fantasy Matches idea in and of itself, I'm not really sure. What would be preferable is making a sub-topic for it, as long as there is interest. (phpbb3 has sub-topics, I believe, so that would work once I get it installed sometime this week). But like I said, it would be good if people are interested in such matches.

If there isn't a lot of interest we could just do a thread instead of a topic, though that may get a little hairy. We'd have to do one match at a time, and have it end after a certain time limit I guess.

Anywho, thoughts and opinions on the matter are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 5:08 pm 
Resident Scholar

Uh... do I get this right?
Two famous creatures are set in a fight against each other, forum members discuss their different abilities and traits and in the end a sort of judge decides which side had the more convincing arguments and declares a winner?
Or do they discuss until Judgment Day? I looked into four threads and nowhere did I find something like a solution or finish.

Be it as it may, I fear there are not enough members on board to have a really satisfying basis for a conclusion. Furthermore, in order to successfully take part you need to be a hardcore fan of such forms of entertainment, you need to know all these details to bring them forth, which counts me out completely. I don't watch these movies, I don't read these comics, I don't look up background information on these characters.

When I was a kid "Masters of the Universe" and their muscle-packed action figures where pretty popular, and among my acquaintances there were individuals who would argue about why e.g. Stinkor would definitely kick Cyclops' butt and so on, having at times very "emotional conversations". But I never liked these "competitions", until, maybe, the respective abilities could be turned into comparable data, like character sheets, and then you could fight with dice, ending the eternal arguments. My proposals were turned down as being too complicated, it seemed they liked oral fights way more than me who wanted to avoid them, and actually I think they were to stupid and childishly anarchic to realize that a set of rules would really make the debates objective. Plus, rolling dice would make every fight exciting instead of remaining absolute in "A beats B". Later I realized they were not argueing "A beats B", but "mine is better than yours" and "I'm right, so shut yer yap!" Kodomo no Omocha. Well, call me ahead of my time.

Anyways, Gojira's proposal is totally meaningless from my position. I'm not against such an endeavour, of course, but it will exclude me due to a lack of explicit knowledge in that field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2008, 5:37 pm 
Major Contributor

^Well, I do see your point there 42317 that it can get a little out of hand at times. At first, I didn't know some of the fighters they've talked about myself, but thanks to the rules, they have to post a link for the fighter's info. As long the stats are provided, it would be easy to make a decision on who the winner would be. If there needs to be a time limit however for the FMs to be open for discussion before it gets locked. I highly doubt that there will be a Fantasy matches on these forums, but I think it's a fun little suggestion. That's all.

Plus, the Fantasy Matches should be mostly with anime characters battle each other and not so much with monsters.

Post subject: Re: How about adding a Fantasy Fights Topic?
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2008, 9:56 pm 

I think it could be interesting. I think we should just make a normal thread and do it as a test run before making an actual topic about it. I'm not sure though how easy it would be to transfer the thread into a main category though if it does show a lot of interrest.

Post subject: Re: How about adding a Fantasy Fights Topic?
PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 7:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

Yeah, go ahead, anybody who likes... I'll lean back and watch how it develops.