Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Anime News
PostPosted: May 17th, 2007, 6:18 pm 

I'm putting up this post so everyone can talk about any up and coming anime titles and stuff like that. Since we all have such a wide knowledge of anime I figured we mine as well share so none of us miss out.

First off I have abunch of great anime releases that I've heard about. Ikki Toushen, the fanfair/fighting eechi any is coming out with a second season, as is Burst Angle but far the most important, and I'm figuring you all already know this but Neon Genises Evangalion, yep spelled wrong, is coming out with a sequal, FINALLY. This one looks like it's based off of the Angelic Days manga that just came out recently. I'm wondering how good its going to be since the manga wasn't so terribly good. But at the same time it can't be any worse then the dozens of over sequals that just plain suck from far weaker series.

On a side note maybe they'll start making sequals for a few over series that could them, such as Outlaw Star or Aio Yori Aoshi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 12:18 am 
Newcomer

The only one that I am watching for is Satoshi Kon's Paprika. I think its coming out in DVD in the next week or so. All of his work is wonderful.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/paprika/high.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 12:20 am 
Regular

Anyone knows what happened with Code Geass? it seams they never aired episodes 24/25, and it's been more than a month now =x

Sequel to Evangelion? God Save us All ~~~~~~~ /o/

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 12:54 am 
Regular

I have my doubts about a sequel to NGE. In my opinion, the End of Evangelion left everything with a nice feeling of closure. Why drag poor Shinji and Asuka into more conflict? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 1:58 am 
Regular

Zaxares wrote:
I have my doubts about a sequel to NGE. In my opinion, the End of Evangelion left everything with a nice feeling of closure. Why drag poor Shinji and Asuka into more conflict? :(

Answer: $$ Dolar signs, or in this case, Yen signs

=p

I agree, NGE have a pretty much finished closure, any sequel would be only to explore the absurd fanatism over the title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 6:22 am 

Caiobrz wrote:
Anyone knows what happened with Code Geass? it seams they never aired episodes 24/25, and it's been more than a month now =x

Sequel to Evangelion? God Save us All ~~~~~~~ /o/

Code Geass has been delayed till Summer. Which probably means June/July or something. They ran outta TV slots or something with their recap episodes and everything I heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 11:00 am 

Like I said this really isn't a sequal so much as a remake based upon the Angelic Days manga that just came out. I personally am looking forward to it since the manga focuses less on plot and philosophy and more on the characters. To which I must note most importantly, Shinji is no longer a winy brat GOD SAVE THE WORLD!! But I really haven't heard much, but I'm pumped about it.

As for the ending of the orginal um yeah its a descient ending, but I found it somewhat lacking, like what exactl did Asuka mean with her final words? Is everyone in the world dead or just those in the imidate area? Things like that that kind of bug me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 11:08 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
marqtele wrote:
The only one that I am watching for is Satoshi Kon's Paprika. I think its coming out in DVD in the next week or so. All of his work is wonderful.

I think it is coming out soon on the 28th of this month in the UK. Its coming out in theaters in the US on the 25th in New York. I haven't been able to find a DVD release date in the US. I hope I am missing something, because I would love a release since I really want to see this movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 1:21 pm 
Regular

Yeah I confirmed at SS site, Code Geass 24/25 only in July.

Er, there are no recap episodes in Code Geass =p what happened is that it was supposed to be 23 episodes long but they enlarged it to 25 midway thru.

I doubt there will be a second season, if there were, they wouldn't enlarge it. Also, anyone who watched episodes 22/23 can tell the anime will end, could end even in one episode as off where 23 stands.

Another title I'm waiting eagerly is "5 cm/s" (complete, I know first part is out) :lol:

Post subject: Re: Anime News
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 1:30 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Neon Genises Evangalion, yep spelled wrong, is coming out with a sequal, FINALLY.

Oh come on, who needs that? I was quite happy with the original ending and "End of Evangelion" was a boombastic add-on for the never-happy who whined about not understanding the original ending.
Anyways, I thought that any idea of a sequel would have been clearly called to a halt by "After the End", the second track of which has been turned into a fan-picsub which you can find at EvaMonkey.

Post subject: Re: Anime News
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 2:19 am 
Lurker

I've gotta get my hands on 5cms. The preview looked so good!

Side note: EvaMonkey goes to my college. :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 2:38 am 

Caiobrz wrote:
Yeah I confirmed at SS site, Code Geass 24/25 only in July.

Er, there are no recap episodes in Code Geass =p what happened is that it was supposed to be 23 episodes long but they enlarged it to 25 midway thru.

I doubt there will be a second season, if there were, they wouldn't enlarge it. Also, anyone who watched episodes 22/23 can tell the anime will end, could end even in one episode as off where 23 stands.

Another title I'm waiting eagerly is "5 cm/s" (complete, I know first part is out) :lol:

8.5 and 17.5 were recap episodes. They went off the limit with those.

About the Evangelion sequel.... well I heard of a bunch of Eva movies being made. That were supposed to be somewhat a retelling of the Eva series and is not directly related.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 6:36 am 
Major Contributor

Yeah the Code Geass thing pissed me off quite a bit when I found out about it before watching episode 23. At the time it was arguably the best anime airing (even better than Pumpkin Scissors, D.Gray-Man or Death Note) and it was a bummer that we have to wait until the summer for the remaining episodes of the first season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 1:30 pm 

FOR THE LAST TIME IT IS NOT A SEQUAL IT'S A REMAKE!!! I POSTED WRONG!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I also agree the only people that don't like EVA are people that don't get it. Though the last two eps of the series are just philosophical ranting, the orginal writer said so. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 4:15 pm 
Regular

Quote:
I also agree the only people that don't like EVA are people that don't get it.

Mind you, I get it all, since the first (and only) watch, even have an essay based on EVA on my site (I don't think I ever bothered translating it to english, it's in portuguese), and I think it's a very plain title. AT THE TIME it was probably the best around, nowadays it's lucky if it can get into my top 100.

I often tell people "Eva is the worst of the best animes" =p

(and people that don't get Eva don't get my statement and start yelling at me, I love that)

All there is to Eva is it insanelly huge never-ending fandom, which is slowly decreasing with time, thanks God.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next