Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Naruto (manga)
PostPosted: May 16th, 2007, 1:13 am 
Major Contributor

The official Naruto manga thread.

Like Bleach, the Naruto manga hasn't been all that great recently, however, the current storyline isn't so bad though it begs a lot of questions to be asked (how Sasuke expects to defeat Itachi for instance)

Anyway, discuss away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 2:14 am 

I am following the manga. Why do you think Naruto hasn't been great recently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 5:28 am 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:
I am following the manga. Why do you think Naruto hasn't been great recently?

Well, recently fights have been a little lackluster. The "rasengan shuriken" was lame, and so was Naruto's pwning of Kakuzu with it. Sasnoob pwning Oro was also on the lame side, as one of Naruto's most interesting characters is just suddenly taken out of the picture. Oh and the plot isn't exactly creative: Sasuke gathering a bunch of strong ninja to go after Itachi and Konoha doing the same in order to capture Sasuke . . . I never saw THAT coming . . . :roll:

Oh and spoiler alert for some of the stuff above, though I don't care enough to actually put it in yellow . . . :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2007, 6:20 am 
Lurker

It's a horrible series with a see-through plot and mostly bland characters (except for Sasuke, imo) that's only tolerable because people love ninjas.......... and Kakashi = bamf.

Some of the fights are certainly creative in their execution, and leave you thinking "Huh, that was kinda nifty", but the story and a lot of the characters leaves a lot to be desired.

Naruto = I'm a poor misunderstood orphan who lashes out like a brat in a desperate bid to gain attention and love. I have no parents and no one wants to be my friend. Q_Q I'm a horrible ninja, but lookit! I have a demon in me? That's horrible news! No wonder no one liked me! Wait, the demon makes me uber powerful? Well, golly! I'm gonna grow outta this selfish and emo phase and become Hokage so I can protect all my newfound friends that I got ever since I stopped acting like a douche! I'm still somewhat loud and obnoxious, but the demon's made people recognize that no one's gonna mess with me! I'm like the best main character ever! YAY.

Sakura = No one cares.

Sasuke = I've grown up in my brother's shadow, and while I was jealous of him, I still looked up to him as my hero and sought his approval. Everyone at every turn always compared me to him, as though I wasn't anything more than a substandard Itachi. Well, I'm still gonna try my best to- what the? Someone killed my entire clan? Wow, so many dead bodies... Mom! Pop! Ho shit, someone killed them too! Thank God I'm still a little kid and can handle the sight of my entire family dead preeeetty well. Wait a minute, no I can't. T_T Oh thank God, Itachi, you're still alive!!! Who did this? Wait, what? You?? @_@ Well... you must've had a good reason... no? No good reason? You... wanna mind rape me over and over again with images of my family being killed over and over again? OK. Now you're telling me I'm a worthless piece of shit that you're only leaving alive because I'm not even worth killing? Ouch, bro, ouch. This definitely puts a damper on my hero worship...

His whole existence centered around his brother and being in the shadows before the slaughter. After the slaughter, he had to come to terms with the idea that he would have to avenge his family by killing his brother, his last relative and his former hero. The man that he could never match, that he was always second fiddle to, was now his only reason for living, the only reason he WAS alive, and he had to kill him. From those early years to the present, he's trained so hard so that maybe, maybe he could become worthy enough to kill his brother. Pleasure, friendship, life, it all took a backseat to his bid for power. He couldn't lose sight of his goal, his vengeance. His brother told him that only through misery and pain could he possibly hope to gain enough strength to kill him, and although his brother had just slaughtered the Uchiha Clan, Sasuke still took the words to heart, because what reason does a murderer have to lie to someone so insignificant as to not even merit killing? Itachi is his be all and end all. What happens after he kills Itachi? Can he kill Itachi, not so much in the physical sense as in the psychological sense? It doesn't matter, he'll deal with it when it comes.

But what the hell? Some random upstart, the worst ninja in the village, is more powerful than Sasuke? That's somewhat disheartening: train all your life to be the best so you can achieve a rather depressing goal, and some random ninja suddenly gets a power boost and stomps your ass every which way. So Sasuke tries to get some training to make up the power gap. But Naruto trumps him by getting even better training from a more powerful teacher. Sasuke runs into his brother and gets flicked aside, and to his horror, he sees that Itachi is actually interested in Naruto?? Even though he's seeking to kill him and he's his little brother, Sasuke is ignored and his existence not validated by Itachi because Naruto's got some super power in his stomach. And Sasuke's angry, because even though he tries not to show it, he's become closer to his team through their trials, and he doesn't want that. You can't try to live a stoic and single purpose life and have friends and attachments perhaps lead you astray from the path or mess with your emotions. Love will only get in the way. Now this snake guy is offering Sasuke power that he can't seem to get from the Konoha village, and his power actually seems legitimate; people are morbidly afraid of him, and his minions impress. He takes the offer, both to gain enough strength to confront Itachi and to break ties with people he may have grown too close to.

And yet, when people look at the loud, obnoxious ninja that is Naruto, they're like "This dood is so kewl, he's not a brat at all that doesn't deserve as much attention and power that he gets! Nono, Naruto's awesome!" Sasuke, however, seems to gain much more negative attention (at least from the people I've had interactions and conversations with). It's more like "He's so whiney and emo all the time, and I think he's gay too (he keeps turning girls down, jeez, it's like something else was on his mind, LIEK PENIS AMIRITE). Nevermind the traumatic occurrences when he was just a little tiny kid, and forget his only purpose in life is to kill his brother, AT LEAST HE HAD PARENTS UNLIKE NARUTO OMG NARUTO IS SO BAMF AND NOT TWO DIMENSIONAL AT ALL. STOP QQING YOU EMO BITCH AND BE LIKE NARUTO GAWD."

... I have strong opinions about the Naruto series. That is all. End ramble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 7:05 am 
Major Contributor

While I would agree Naruto has certainly gotten a little lame recently, when it was good, Naruto was awesome. Not because the plot as interesting or creative, not because the characters were as deep as the ocean, but because the fights were so epic.

As for Sasuke, well if Gaara could get past his emoness (he was even more emo than Sasuke to begin with), it stands to reason that Sasuke could be a little less emo even now. Sasuke simply won't let it go, which isn't just stubborn, its childish. In fact, its hard to think of a more childish character in Naruto than Sasuke. Even Naruto himself seems mature in comparison. Not to mention his CSII form makes him look like a drag-queen. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2007, 3:14 pm 

I dunno, before i didn´t think much of naruto, but I´ve enjoyed the lastest chapters, I like that the story is being directed from several perspectives now, not only from the konoha guys, but also Sasuke´s team, and also Akatsuki. The characters are still 2dimensional, but the story is attractive enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 3:56 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
I dunno, before i didn´t think much of naruto, but I´ve enjoyed the lastest chapters, I like that the story is being directed from several perspectives now, not only from the konoha guys, but also Sasuke´s team, and also Akatsuki. The characters are still 2dimensional, but the story is attractive enough...

Yeah, but I could care less about this little "team" Sasnoob has put together. I find it amusing he thinks he can beat Itachi just because he has his little group of underlings. Not that I'm a big Itachi fan, but unless Sasuke has somehow gained Mangekyou (which would also be another lame development), he doesn't stand much of a chance against his brother at this point.

I will admit that it's nice that Kishi is trying a new way of developing plot but I just wish the "goals" of the characters would be a little more creative. I mean we could have all seen it from a mile away what Sasuke planned to do when forming his little group and how Konoha's was going to react to Oro's defeat.

At this point, what I'm mainly interested in is seeing Tobi fight as we might finally find out who exactly he is (i.e. Obito)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 9:13 am 

One thing I utterly loathe is Kakashi getting Mangekyou. It cheapified Itachi's Mangekyou and reduced the importance of the Uchiha massacre. Plus, Kakashi's was so uber powered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 12:30 am 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:
One thing I utterly loathe is Kakashi getting Mangekyou. It cheapified Itachi's Mangekyou and reduced the importance of the Uchiha massacre. Plus, Kakashi's was so uber powered.

Well Kakashi's MS isn't nearly as powerful as Itachi. (Itachi's one-shot kill Tsukuyomi is a far cheaper technique anyway) And clearly it stresses his body far more than Itachi even when it hasn't reached its full ability. And besides, I'd be far more pissed off if Sasuke somehow gained MS during the time skip. Kakashi getting didn't really surprise me at all, and clearly he still admits he's not a match for Itachi 1 vs. 1.

And cheapifying Itachi's MS? Oh c'mon on, as I mentioned above, Tsukuyomi is quite possibly the cheapest move ever. And besides, Kakashi is able to use Sharingan in the first place because it was given to him by his dead friend Obito, which seems to qualify the requirement for gaining MS (as Kakashi probably believed that Obito dying was his fault)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 11:12 am 

At this point when it comes to Naruto, I think a lot of people are at this point, I want it to hurry up and end already so we know what happens to everyone and that's it. I reach this point with any series that lasts over twenty volumes. So if any body wants to wake me when the final volume come out, thanks.

In any case I hope they finally rap up the Sasuke revenge thing soon it's getting old. Don't see how since Itachi has his bag of extremely cheap tricks that he's nothing without but who knows. Still I think we all know what happens after that, Sasuke gets taken over by Orochimaru, and with his new found power attack and tries to destroy the hidden leaf village, at the same time Ak(something sorry forgot how to spell) use the chaos of the battle to attack Naruto, Naruto by some miricle defeats both, propably forcing him to full length the depths of the nine tailed foxes powers, before a weeping Sakura. Sasuke's defeat and apparent death probably forces Orochi out of his body where Tsunada and Juria kill him for certain. Sasuke then dies before a still weeping Sakura. Taken over by the fox Naruto then goes on a rampage. Meanwhile Naruto has it out one on one with the fox, probably wins threw another miricle. Then he either sacrifices himself to save the village and dies but more then likely survives threw another miricle, or he dies. In either case he becomes the beloved hero of the village as he always wanted and deserved. This then depending on his death means that either Naruto or Sakura becomes the sixth Okaga. This is what I predict. I have no clue about the relationships, will Naruto end up with Sakura or Hina? Don't know hoping Hina, I like her but it's probably going to be Sakura. Still don't know if they going to come out with what's Naruto's real relations to the 4th okaga, I'm predicting either reincarnation or his kid. But that's my over abundance of rambling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 7:56 pm 

Addict, after that post I've lost all desire to keep reading the manga, it's like a huge spoiler, and now that I think about it, it's most likely gonna happen. Dude...

Heh. j/k, I seriously try not to predict future happenings because I really enjoy the tension of cliffhangers...
As for the current story, I'm pretty much enjoying it, although I'm not really happy with the thing about Kabuto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 10:17 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
At this point when it comes to Naruto, I think a lot of people are at this point, I want it to hurry up and end already so we know what happens to everyone and that's it. I reach this point with any series that lasts over twenty volumes. So if any body wants to wake me when the final volume come out, thanks.

Well, I think Kishi still has a long way to go. He only "revealed" Akatsuki's "true" objective only a few chapters ago. There are still plenty of Akatsuki left, not to mention the leader himself. And it would seem it will be a while until Itachi is dealt with.

As for the current arc, I'm just waiting to see Tobi finally fight. We saw a hint of him possibly fighting in the latest chapter, but he hasn't yet. Though the way he's been conducting himself throughout the series leads me to suspect he may be a genjutsu user.

And I must admit, while the fight between Sasuke and Deidara was decent, if Deidara is defeated in the next chapter, I've lost more respect for Kishi . . . :? (i.e. Sasuke shouldn't be able to take care of Deidara by himself)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 6:04 am 

spazmaster666 wrote:
And cheapifying Itachi's MS? Oh c'mon on, as I mentioned above, Tsukuyomi is quite possibly the cheapest move ever.

Kakashi's MS is a dimensional vortex that can be used long range - without even requiring the enemy to look at Kakashi.

The more people have Mangekyou, the less premium it is. MS is rare, even to the Uchiha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 3:06 pm 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:
Kakashi's MS is a dimensional vortex that can be used long range - without even requiring the enemy to look at Kakashi.

The more people have Mangekyou, the less premium it is. MS is rare, even to the Uchiha.

Yes it is rare, but we knew for a while that there are three people remaining who are capable of it: Itachi, Sasuke, and Kakashi.

Also Kakashi's MS is pretty powerful yes, but remember that Itachi also has Amaterasu, which seems similar to Kakashi's MS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 10:40 am 

Spaz that was just my oppinion of what is going to happen I could be wrong, though I'm usually pretty dead on. In any case I still think that the eyes of the Uchihas, I forget what it's called, are cheap, especially since they can netralize Naruto's best trump card the nine tailed fox. Another answer is that Sasuke survives having Orochi exercised from him and uses that last shreds of his strength to kill the nine tailed fox, thus freeing Naruto of it's presence. At this rate it won't be that much of a loss as fast as Naruto is progressing. Mean he can create over a thousand clones and under go years of training in a few days. So who knows, still wake me when the final volume comes out in a few years.