Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Podcasts
PostPosted: April 1st, 2008, 10:35 pm 

Anyone here listen to an interesting podcast? Figured I would start a thread on interesting podcasts.

I watch Diggnation. A podcast with two tech guys(Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht) who review top stories off the social news site digg.com. They talk about stories, tech, answer emails, and just talk.

I also watch a few Attack of the Show's podcasts. Different G4(tv network) hosts review tech and movies. Pretty funny and entertaining to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 3:31 am 
Major Contributor

Been listening to the Giant Bomb Cast recently. For those who've been to Gamespot, it's hosted by former editors Ryan Davis and Jeff Gertsmann. Topics include energy drinks, games, and other random and often hilarious stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 12:56 pm 
Resident Scholar

Is there a difference between a Podcast and a so-called Vlog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2008, 4:19 pm 

Well normally a company or group puts out a Podcast and some podcasts are not daily but weekly.

So there are little differences between a Vlog and a podcast.

I know most people get their podcasts through iTunes so they can watch them on their iPods.

Post subject: Re: Podcasts
PostPosted: April 10th, 2009, 10:30 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Is there a difference between a Podcast and a so-called Vlog?

A podcast is usually a file downloaded in either .mp3 format for audio only or .mp4 for videos.

Using some of what podcasts I'm downloading at the moment for examples:

X-Play's Daily Video Podcast: Can be game reviews or inside info (often in the form of interviews the X-Play hosts conduct with gaming insiders on projects they're currently involved in).

NPR Hourly Newscast: Just that - an hourly NPR radio news summary. Obviously don't sit here every hour and listen to it, but I try to check it out every day, when I feel like it.

A Vlog, however, is a Video blog. Literally, a blog done in video format and uploaded onto things like YouTube or MySpace. The only example of that I can come up with this that infamous Leave Britney alone rant I'd bet everyone would much rather forget. I'm sure there's better examples than that, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment.
:crap:

Sorry it's over a year since you posted that and I'm only now replying. Some spambot goof-ball decided to bump the thread though...

PostPosted: April 11th, 2009, 7:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

shgarland wrote:
A podcast is usually a file downloaded in either .mp3 format for audio only or .mp4 for videos.

So the only difference between a podcast and a vlog is... uh... that a podcast is meant to be downloaded while vlogs are not and have to be "forced" onto my HD? Hm... I dunno...

PostPosted: April 11th, 2009, 9:51 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:

So the only difference between a podcast and a vlog is... uh... that a podcast is meant to be downloaded while vlogs are not and have to be "forced" onto my HD? Hm... I dunno...

I always figured vlogs were like youtube (or similar type) video versions of blogs. Can they be downloaded?

PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 2:33 am 

shgarland wrote:
42317 wrote:
shgarland wrote:

I always figured vlogs were like youtube (or similar type) video versions of blogs. Can they be downloaded?

I thought so too. I assumed vlogs = video blogs and podcasts were primarily audio. It probably is changing as I type anyway though as people doing podcasts have little reason (other than shyness?) to not add video. Most likely there will be no distinction soon or will simply refer to a difference in distribution. Similar to DVD vs. download?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: April 14th, 2009, 5:52 pm 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
I assumed vlogs = video blogs and podcasts were primarily audio.

Yeah, that's what I thought...

shgarland wrote:

YouTube videos?
Of course.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2009, 3:27 pm 
Newcomer

I listen to a few:

Mondays (when ever they come out)
AWO - Probably the best anime podcast out there.
Otaku Generation - though I don't know how much longer, going down hill fast!
Anime Roundtable
Destroy All Podcasts DX
Eeeper's Choice
Fast Karate For the Gentleman
GeekNights
Greatest Movie EVER!

Theres a few more I can't think of at the moment.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2011, 8:08 am 
Post Master

I currently regularly listen to two podcasts:

Giant Bombcast - A game podcast that always has quirky guests and is very consistent in entertaining.
State of the Game - It's a StarCraft 2 podcast that has pros and commentators as guests. It never ceases to amaze me that such a boring concept is made entertaining by Geoff Robinson.

And I listen to these when I'm tediously working on a website and have nothing else to listen to:

Hotspot - As a another game podcast, it can't compete with the Giant Bombcast but it isn't exactly boring.
ANNCast - It's very inconsistent in it's entertainment value, but I think that's because there's only 1 person that stays on each podcast, and because I'm not interested in topics like manga when they are talking about that.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 6:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

I have heard a few podcasts that were promising but I cast them aside because I'm fully entertained in my free time already, I'll have serious problems sorting current stuff out once I have a full time job and only a very few hours per day left.