Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 3:19 pm 

There are a few titles taht everyone must watch:

*Last Exile, it´s so awesome I still think is the best anime series to date, it´s superbly done. *Planetes, if you like great stories that have a good sense of reality then you gotta watch this, and if you don´t care about those kind of series, you still have to watch it, it´s that great.
*Berserk, if you go with the anime you got nothing to lose, it´s really awesome, epic, you´ll love it. nonstop action and violence, backed up by one of the greatest plots ever.
*Great Teacher Onizuka, a 22 years old guy teaching at high school because of the girls, an ex-bike gang member, it´s one of the most fun and funny series to watch outthere.
*Azumanga Daioh, lighthearted and funny. One of the best things i´ve done in my life was watching it, i´m sure i added a good 5 years to my life spam after having laughed so much.
*School Rumble, like Azumanga Daioh, it´s just laugh after laugh, but there are some romance triangles here and there that always end up in a good laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 11:59 am 
Resident Scholar

OT, but... the title of this thread should be edited...
Just a suggesTON. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 1:28 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
OT, but... the title of this thread should be edited...
Just a suggesTON. :D

OT: I try to limit editing people posts and such, but since you specifically pointed it out I went a head and corrected it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 15th, 2007, 7:15 am 
Major Contributor

There are way too many older anime to suggest so I'll list 25 recent ones that are worth checking out:

1. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006, sequel in the works) - Genre: shounen, comedy, sci-fi, parody, philosophical. Tts weird, crazy and strangely addictive. Oh and don't be put off by the first episode.

2. Zegapain (2006) - Genre: action, shounen, mecha, sci-fi. A standout mecha series with a great plot. The animation quality is excellent, as to be expected from Sunrise.

3. Mushishi (2006) - Genre: historical fantasy. A must see for any serious anime fan. Quite possibly the best-looking anime of 2006.

4. Gintama (ongoing) - Genre: action, comedy, shounen, historical/alternate universe. Consistently funny, doesn't take itself seriously. It's silly, filled with slap-stick and cheesy but its just what we need in a season filled with more serious emo stuff like Code Geass.

5. Honey & Clover (2005 & 2006) - Genre: comedy, romance, drama. A refreshing romance anime that explores the complexities of romance and college life, as well as the importance of friendship.

6. Code Geass (first season will conclude in summer, second series in the works) - Genre: action, mecha, drama, shounen, sci-fi. Hard to describe this series but all I have to say is that its one of the best anime of the Fall 2006 to Spring 2007 season. Oh and its quite EMO.

7. D. Gray-Man (ongoing) - Genre: shounen, action, horro, gothic fiction, historical. Excellent character development and action sequences. The setting is interesting as well as the premise.

8. Nodame Cantabile (ongoing) - Genre: music, comedy, drama, romance. A series that reminded me how awesome classical music is. Oh and its also consistently hilarious, has a great cast of characters, not to mention the story isn't so bad either.

9. Pumpkin Scissors (2006-2007) - Genre: historical/alternate universe, action, drama, sci-fi. Another hard-to-describe anime. Takes place after an alternate WWI. Again great characters and an intriguing storyline that is just itching for a second season.

10. Blood+ (2005-2006) - Genre: horror, action, drama, sci-fi. an interesting mix of action, sci-fi and horror. Slow to start up picks up momentum

11. Eureka Seven (2005-2006) - Genre: shounen, action, mecha, drama. A mecha series with superb animation. Heats up significantly in the last few episodes.

12. NANA (2006-2007) - Genre: shoujo, comedy, music, drama. A mature shoujo anime that is surprisingly realstic for its genre which makes it a standout.

13. Mai Otome (2005-2006) - Genre: fantasy, comedy, magical girl, action. There are a few cheesy moments and the show's quality isn't as consistent as I would have liked but in the end its still better than the majority of the anime out there.

14. Inukami! (2006) - Genre: shounen, action, comedy, fantasy. A crazy, silly, and action-packed series about dog gods. It's better than it sounds, trust me. ;)

15. Ouran High School Host Club (2005-2006) - Genre: shoujo, comedy, harem, drama. One of the funniest shows of 2005 - 2006. A good mix of serious subject matter combined with crazy comedic hijinks.

16. NHK no Youkoso! (2006) - Genre: comedy, shounen, psychological, drama. Another weird/slice of life series that has some wacky, funny and crazy moments but serious and philosophical ones as well. For the hidden hikkomori in all of us.

17. Paradise Kiss - (2005) - Genre: Shoujo, Drama, Romance. From the same mangaka would is responsible for NANA. A short but fun series that explores the world of fashion and romance.

18. Utawarerumono (2006) - Genre: shounen, action, sci-fi, adventure, romance. A series that is epic in scope and surprises us with unexpected twists.

19. Fullmetal Panic, The Second Raid (2005) - Genre: action, mecha, shounen, drama, romance. Much more serious than the first series. Superb animation combined with better character development, drama, and oh yeah some excellent mecha action.

20. Death Note (ongoing) - Genre: psychological, drama, mystery, horror, fantasy. One of the most cerebral shows on the air. It's the ultimate thinking-man's anime

21. Kamisama Kazoku (2006) - Genre: shounen, comedy, romance. What if your parents were gods? Basically this is what the series is about. Its better than it sounds.

22. Negima? (2006-2007) - Genre: shounen, magic, comedy, parody, action. A retelling of the 2005 series with some great character designs and a unique style. The first part of the series is undoubtly better but it's still pretty entertaining overall.

23. Ergo Proxy (2006) - Genre: sci-fi, cyberpunk, mystery, drama, future-gothic. Ergo Proxy is an acquired taste for sure but it packs enough intrigue and its production values are high enough that its definite worth a look.

24. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (2006) - Genre: comedy, harem, romance, school life. Yes its based on a hentai game but the series is surprisingly engaging (for a series that's basically about cross-dressing ;))

25. School Rumble (2004/2006) - Genre: comedy, romance, school life. A romantic comedy that doesn't want to take itself seriously. The comedy is mainly slapstick and can be laugh-out-loud at points but the second season isn't quite as consistently funny as the first.