Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: What are you watching now?
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2007, 1:05 am 

I thought why not make one of these threads here too...cause I don't want to open a new one each time I see a live-action movie or series...

So with this said...

I saw Cutie Honey last night...the live-action one of course...never seen the anime only trailers...
This is one wierd movie...not horrible...but not so great either...though I don't mind seeing a japanese woman in underwear :wink:

What bothered me was the costumes for the bad guys...they're so stupid..and lame...
Oh well...than again...can't say much since I haven't seen the anime...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2007, 5:58 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...

I love the effects used in this movie but I think this movie could be better if it had deeper plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2007, 9:30 pm 

Started Ikkoku umm..Ikkoku something....damn forgot the name...
Anyways very very old movie it seems...and only saw the first half....I had to sleep for work...ha...

But will see other half today....for now...it's kind of stupid...

Edit:Saw Azumi yesterday...enjoyed the movie though there are some parts which could have been left out...still liked the movie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 8:51 am 

Maison Ikkoku or something?

Anyway I just watched 300. They overdid it with the making the Persians look like orcs and stuff. But well it was a fun show for what it was, a bloodbath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 6:12 pm 

Ah yes Maison Ikkoku....very old movie...but yes...that was the name..

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 12:02 am 

Seems not many post in this thread...but...

I saw Cromartie School High (live-action) the other day...and it does follow many parts of the manga and series...it's a movie though...so it's all crammed up....and it did made me laugh...

Also watching GTO (live-action)....never saw the series nor the manga but watching this 12 eps one...and I'm at ep 7 now and it's great...even got a few friends to watch it too and they loved it...friends who don't watch much anime or such...so it's a must unless you already seen the anime or manga...unless it takes a completely different course...again...havent seen the other ones..

Still...loving GTO...hoping it ends well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 1:19 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I saw the GTO live-action series a year or so ago, after watching the anime series. It was quite good I must say. It wasn't quite as crazy as the anime was, I think the manga is even more so, but was quite enjoyable. I liked Takashi Sorimachi, the guy who plays Eikichi Onizuka, I thought he fit the role really well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 8:01 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
I saw the GTO live-action series a year or so ago, after watching the anime series. It was quite good I must say. It wasn't quite as crazy as the anime was, I think the manga is even more so, but was quite enjoyable. I liked Takashi Sorimachi, the guy who plays Eikichi Onizuka, I thought he fit the role really well.
yea, the live action series was a pretty fun watch. Not as funny as the manga, or the anime but it was really engaging, i liked the characters a lot, and there were a few cute girls in there as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 10:42 pm 

Well I also have the movie and the series special....hope it's just as good...

Ah and saw Grave of the Fireflies series too...same actress as GTO but this time I hated her...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:04 pm 
Resident Admin

Fresnokila wrote:
Well I also have the movie and the series special....hope it's just as good...

Ah and saw Grave of the Fireflies series too...same actress as GTO but this time I hated her...

I think both the movie and special were slightly lacking compared to the series, but they were still enjoyable.

What did she do in Grave of Fireflies that made you hate her this time around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 1:18 am 

Ha well if you remember the anime version there's the woman who takes the boy and the girl in after they lose thier mother...but than seeing as there isnt enough food for them and also her own family she starts treating them like strangers and giving them almost nothing to eat...forcing them out...

Oh how I hated her....

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 12:41 pm 

I just got done watch Erigorn, I think that's how you spell it, Not a bad movie though need a sequal to finish off the story. But have to say if you have a choice pick up the book, alot of things are just glossed over in them movie. Though I have to say a movie hasn't done a dragon this well since dragonheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 13th, 2007, 7:33 am 
Regular

Watched Spiderman 3 today. I was pleasantly surprised. Despite the long length of the movie, there wasn't a point where I was feeling bored, and they managed to get in enough character development for all the major characters. Sam Raimi really is a very talented director.

Well worth the watch, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 1:46 pm 
Resident Admin

I saw Spider man 3 after my friend told me the movie is complete trash. Actually, everyone I know that had seen it didn't like it, but I though it was pretty good. Definitely wasn't near as bad as people were making it out to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 8:59 pm 
Regular

I'm rather puzzled about that too, actually. A lot of critics have given the movie the thumbs-down, saying it wasn't as good as the previous two movies, but I thought it was pretty good, on par with the previous ones.

One common criticism is that there were too many villains, and they do have kind of a point; each of the villains didn't have as much screentime devoted to them as Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus. However, I still felt that the movie managed to get in enough time to give each villain a credible background and character development. (Although I feel that Venom really came in too late to let his story reach his full potential. I blame that on the studios though; Raimi apparently wanted to make SM3 about Sandman and the new Goblin, while the studios wanted a Venom movie. They eventually compromised and put in both.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 849 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next