Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Identifying Anime Titles
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 12:43 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The official thread for identifying Anime titles. Please post all inquires here!

To help us identify a title, please include a screen shot, clip, or whatever you have on it.

We will do what we can to help you figure out exactly what title it is. We have many members that have seen hundreds of titles, we should be able to help you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 2:19 pm 

I am extremely bothered by a certain scenario that is stuck in my head from some anime/manga I just can't identify.

There is this... adult female character, that used to be part of some all female biker gang. That fact is just mentioned in that particular... episode or whatever and isn't something prominent. Of course far in the future, the gang is broke up already and they've gotten on with their lives. But she receives an invitation from a once fellow gang member to her marriage. And she feels betrayed, since when they were part of the gang, they all vowed never to get married. But in the end she attends the marriage and feels happy for that fellow member.

I just can't seem to put my finger on where the hell that came from, and its giving me sleeping problems now. Its like having a really annoying song stuck in your head that you can't identify.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 4:42 pm 
Regular

Do you remember anything else? Like what the character looked like or what she was doing when she got the invite?

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 4:51 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
There is this... adult female character, that used to be part of some all female biker gang...

I'm not sure whether I have the information that you're after since this idea could have been realized in different media. I'll just tell you what I think:

I think this is not from an Anime but from the Bishôjo Game "May Club".
Said club is a virtual reality where Hajime, the protagonist, goes to meet women before his career as a salaryman begins (and his free time to look for a partner without assistance ends). Shinohara Akiho is one of these young women, graduate of a women's college, in an office lady's job for a while. Tsundere type. She agrees to meet Hajime in fromt of the (virtual) station and tells him about her life, being depressed and outraged due to the glass roofs in her company. She's been preparing tea, making photocopies for years now, while colleagues who have joined with her are already given own projects, plus she received immoral offers from a superior.

Formerly she was a leading member of the all-female biker gang "Thorny Roses" and tells Hajime pretty much what you state above. The gang never accepted men and now one of them was going to marry one. Akiho feels left behind and a little betrayed. Hajime urges her to go to the wedding, because there could be trouble from other former members who might also feel betrayed, but who were less fond of the old friend's new happiness and Akiho could use her authority to prevent nasty things. So she goes there and all is fine.

Akiho is one of my favorite girls in that game because I love her personality very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 8:33 pm 
Regular

I remember Akiho actually. She was quite an interesting character, although I'm not sure if I would classify her as a Tsundere. She seems to suffer from drastic mood swings that, at times, left me feeling like she was psychotic. :shock:

My favorite from that game was Rei Sugihara. If you've read the sorts of B-games that I like, you'll immediately understand why. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 10:04 pm 

So thats why I couldn't think of what 'anime/manga' it came from, since it didn't actually come from one.

Now that I think about it, yes it was from May Club. Now I can sleep easier.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 6:51 pm 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
My favorite from that game ("May Club") was Rei Sugihara.

Wasn't that the chick who could only reach a climax when someone was watching her having sex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 10th, 2007, 8:16 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
Wasn't that the chick who could only reach a climax when someone was watching her having sex?

Nooo, that was Rieko Nishikubo (the green-haired girl, right?). I had to go and look up her name; I'd completely forgotten.

Rei Sugihara is the really shy girl who's secretly into BDSM. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 10:41 am 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
42317 wrote:
Nooo, that was Rieko Nishikubo (the green-haired girl, right?).

Oooh, yes, you're right... I should play that again these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 8th, 2008, 10:06 am 
Resident Scholar

Advice, please. I have found a bunch of pictures of this particular character, possibly named "Aoi".
I like the character design, so I'd like to know what's the title of the Anime and whether it is worth a thought.

Blue 01
Blue 02
Blue 03

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2008, 2:22 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I tried to do some checking for similar animation titles with someone named Aoi in them, but I couldn't find one. I'll keep my eyes out, but I can pretty safely say I don't recognize it as something I have seen before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 12th, 2008, 4:18 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I tried to do some checking for similar animation titles with someone named Aoi in them

Uh, well, don't bet too much on it. I found the pictures on the internet somehow and the person who uploaded them named the pics "Aoi" plus a number. It could refer to an Anime title also.

Edit:
No wise-guy talk intended. I know you know it could be a title also. It was more of a written thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 2:04 am 
Regular

The title would be all well known To heart

Character name Aoi Matsubara

And wallie for you:

http://www.daisuki.com.br/wallpaper/1164

All hail the never-ending memory I have .... I watched, I know it T_T

p.s.: No I did not remember her family name =p I went to get it on character list =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 1:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
The title would be all well known To heart

But yes! Why didn't I think of that... the character design should have given it away. :x
AAaargh... the pain, the pain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 3:37 pm 
Regular

Well CD is standard Chiba Yuriko design so there are other titles with the same looks

http://www.daisuki.com.br/staff/9 (and considering this only includes the anime I watched, I guess there are more out there)