Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Texhnolyze Lenticular Complete Box Set
PostPosted: February 1st, 2008, 4:59 pm 
Post Master

Anyone know a trustworthy site which has it in stock?

I've looked in: amazon.ca, amazon.com, rightstuf, animenation, deepdiscount, DVD empire, HMV.ca, futureshop.ca, absound.ca, cdplus and anime castle.

I don't know where else to look. It vanished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 3:32 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
That's going to be tough given the age of the release and since it was a Geneon release. I didn't find it in stock anywhere, but I did find a new one here if you are interested in an Ebay Auction

You'll need to message the sender to see if he will be willing to ship to CA, because right now he has US shipping only listed. Only enough, he's listed as living in Canada, so I wouldn't imagine him not being willing to ship to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 4:32 am 
Post Master

A Canadian only shipping to U.S.? That seems pretty retarded to me. I'm definitely not a fan of Ebay either.

I did however find a place which has it in stock. It doesn't look very professional though and I can't help but question its reliability.

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.as ... 9921&sid=G

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 4:57 am 
Resident Admin

The site seems legit enough, even though it doesn't look that professional. Since they are an actual store, they probably just made the site as a way to get into the online scene but it just isn't their main thrust. Anyway, they have 2500 customer ratings since 2003, so they have filled quite a few orders online. People are mostly pleased with them, but they do have a fair number of unhappy customers. https://www.shopzilla.com/6B_-_mid--59813

The only thing I would be worried about is how up to date and correct their product availability system actually is. Maybe e-mail them first to make sure they do have it in stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 8:12 am 
Post Master

I never knew there was such a place that rated stores. Cool.

I think I will take the risk if it means I will get something that may never be available again (I was semi-depressed when I noticed not a single store held the Haibane Renmei boxset, now I won't get that pretty box! Damn my fucking perfectionism. It drives me insane).

I just need a JOB !!! (I have an interview coming up, wish me luck) After that, I will buy all the Geneon shit I have ever wanted. Plus a bunch of other shit (1080p HDTV, new graphics card, cell phone, PS3, bluray movies, all the games I've downloaded, region-free DVD player, HDDVD player, new comp chair, HD cable box, I have everything planned you see). I hate being poor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 10:22 pm 
Post Master

FUCK YES I got the job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 10:24 pm 
Resident Admin

WOOT, nice work Mmsven! Now, what exactly is the job you got? (And ya, that's quite the list of stuff to get 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 4th, 2008, 10:35 pm 
Post Master

I am going to be working at a McDonalds in the commercial area of Victoria, apparently they are desperate for workers over here. I will be working in the kitchen (I don't fancy customer service) so I got my Foodsafe (I owned that test with a 94%) a few weeks ago, and I've been taking food studies for the last 2 years.

It's pretty convenient cause it only takes around 20 minutes to get there from my school and from my house.

They asked me to shave my goatee T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 1:02 am 
Regular

Great! An insider. Now you can give us the details on just how common spitting in the food is at fast food outlets. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 1:06 am 
Post Master

Zaxares wrote:
Great! An insider. Now you can give us the details on just how common spitting in the food is at fast food outlets. ;)

I'm not sure about America, but in Canada I'm sure that person would be fired and possibly fined money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 1:15 am 
Resident Admin

Mmsven wrote:
I'm not sure about America, but in Canada I'm sure that person would be fired and possibly fined money.

Only if you're caught :wink:

Mmsven wrote:
They asked me to shave my goatee T_T

I guess they don't want you scaring the customers if they happen to get a glimpse of you in the kitchen area :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2008, 1:26 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
I guess they don't want you scaring the customers if they happen to get a glimpse of you in the kitchen area :D

I actually thought they wouldn't mind. Considering there are some crazy people in downtown. We are known for our large amount of homeless people.

At least I can keep it for 9 days. My orientation is on the 13th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2008, 9:23 pm 
Post Master

Forgot to add: I also want a new digital camera, a DVD shelf thing (the shelf I have is not suited for DVDs), some posters and an Ipod (maybe?)...

I'm going to try and get full-time over the summer break to speed up the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2008, 6:30 am 
Post Master

Quote:
I was semi-depressed when I noticed not a single store held the Haibane Renmei boxset, now I won't get that pretty box!

HAHA! Fucking sweet. A few days ago I managed to snag one of those suckers. Somehow, rightstuf got a few back after being unavailable for weeks (probly some ebay seller realized it doesn't sell very well). I just hope rightstuf doesn't fuck up my order.

I also got Paranoia Agent and Tenjho Tenge while they were on sale.
Just a few more to go.

Namely: Ah! My Goddess: The Movie, Appleseed 2004, Ergo Proxy, Gungrave, Fate/stay night, Last Exile, Mermaid Forest, Petite Cossette, Texhnolyze, Hakkenden, and Samurai Champloo (non-bootleg version).

OK, maybe not a "few" :cry:

Funny story, some retard put the bootleg Champloo pictures on Amazon. The exact one that I have. I love how the title of the bootleg says "Tv Series Comlete Boxset".

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2008, 3:01 am 

Mmsven wrote:
Forgot to add: I also want a new digital camera, a DVD shelf thing (the shelf I have is not suited for DVDs), some posters and an Ipod (maybe?)...

I'm going to try and get full-time over the summer break to speed up the process.

That's one heck of a list! McDonalds must pay a lot more in Canada than they do in the states... I only have a 29" tube TV and won't be able to upgrade for at least a few years.

More power to you man. Buy as much as you can before you have kids. Then there'll be this huge sucking sound where your wallet used to be...

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!