Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 1:52 am 
Regular

The FF numbers were only wrong on the SNES releases
2 was an easy version of 4
3 was 6
4 was the normal version of 4

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 2:49 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Ok, that makes more sense. Well good, then I have played most of them :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2008, 9:40 pm 

Ha wow...FF12 has to be one of my favs...I mean yes the story is simple...a war between nations...but thats what I like about it...its not one of those complicated stories which loses you no matter how many times you play it...

But besides the story....the game itself is fun...I mean the Hunts alone keeps me busy for hours...and it has a lot to offer on the side...like finding all those cockatrices and hearing the silly things they say...

It sure isnt like FFx-2 which was crap in my opinion...hell even FFx itself had a very silly plot...and was too easy to beat...I mean that last boss I finished which just a few hits...once you have those final weapons and those summons...the game went to Normal to Very Easy...

FF12 is not so difficult (still havent touched te Bahamut) but some Hunts like this dinosaur which was killing my party with just one hit gives you the challenge you need...and its satisfying once you slay the beast...

Ha..well...I guess you could say I love the game only because of the sidequests...FF12 its not on my top 5 games (like FF6 and Chrono Trigger) but it sure is around my top 10...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2008, 1:51 am 

wow, stupid question Fresnokila, why are you playing rpgs if you like simple story lines and games that are all to easy to beat when you know what you're doing and have a good strategy?

I will admit, yeah FFX becomes rediculously easy once you level up and get the right summons. But lets be honest, RPGs are thinking games. If your good at strategy and are patient then yeah they're going to be pretty simple to beat. But eh what can I say iplay them for the story line, and to feel like an all powerful force of distruction by the time I'm done. Hense why I like Fable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2008, 4:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
wow, stupid question Fresnokila

Oh boy... god bless the rhetorically gifted. :roll:
"Why use a foil when I can use a mace?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2008, 1:45 am 

Yeah, I'm expecting death, slow painful death soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 27th, 2008, 4:13 pm 

Nah no reason to kill anyone.....

Yet...

Anyways...first of all...since I already own it...why not finish it?...the only game I own that I havent finished it Hitman 2....because it feels as if you have to do exactly what the programmers want you to do...

Second...even though if the story is simple...the game itself is very entertaining...I enjoyed trying to get all the licenses...and all the marks...etc...even though I've yet to find Ultima...and the last mark...
I've played other simple rpg's like Paper Mario 1...2...and yet for the same reasons I like them...the whole idea of trying to collect all the badges...

Hmm...now that I think about it...I guess I love the idea of getting everything in games (though things like getting all the characters in Chrono Cross is a pain in the ass)...but if the game offers that kind of depth than that's good enough...I find that addictive...like Pokemon games...you want to catch them all...

And third...bah...not going to go on...ha...everyone has thier own taste in games...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2008, 11:44 pm 

But it's a discusion forum. Yack please!

Also I know what you mean about getting everything. I used to be satisified with just beating a game and getting the story but I started going threw my games and collecting the hard to get stuff. I've become addicted, though I still don't even try for the insanely hard stuff. Like dodging 200 lighting bolts in FFX for a crest. yeah not goign to happen. I'm thankfully not there yet. It's even more because the games I'm doing it for allow me to carry stuff over. Like Shadow Hearts 2, the game is so much easier when you have Dark Sapherium completely leveled up. SOO much easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 29th, 2008, 12:32 am 

I remember avoiding the lightning one too...I got all the other end weapons in FFX...but avoiding lightning bolts?...hell no...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 3:49 pm 

Yeah that was ridiculas (sorry for misspelling)

To tell the truth I only got the ulitmate weapons to see what they looked like then ignored them. Sure they make my characters more powerful, but they can't level up. I can and did make them more powerful by leveling them up and leveling up was easier. Who needs ultimate weapons when you have Anima that deals 99,9999 points of damage with every attack? Hell who needs a party.

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy XII sucks
PostPosted: August 1st, 2008, 5:58 pm 
Newcomer

I personally have no problem in pin-pointing everything that sucked in FFXII...no problem at all.

#1: No TETSUYA NOMURA!!!!!!

This was the biggest and most notable flaw in all that SquareEnix could have made. Tetsuya Nomura created some of the most lovable, colorful, cool-acting, tough to fight, (coughSephirothcough), characters known! He alone gave the FF series so much to it's magic, without forcing it down your throat. And what all went with him? Hmmm..

CHOCHOBOS!!! I don't care who says what, but those wet, dirty-looking, ridding birds in 12 are NOT chochobos! They are not cute, and they're fakies!

What else?

MOOGLES!!!!

They replaced them with talking bunnies, for heavan's sake! Moogles are not bunnies! They could have used a toy bear and been closer than that!

AEONS!!!!!

Yes, Tetsuya Nomura created the Aeons. The loveable, most memorable creatures from the begining. In 12 there is no Shiva...no Ifrit...no Bahamut....no anyone. No, here, its 'Espers'. Give. Me. A. Break. The Espers are so ugly, they look like they crawled out from under a slimey rock, and decided to fight after buying some jewlery.

And on top of this...

'Princess Ashe', (Or Ashi, as I call her,) Looks like nothing more than a fake Yuna, with a too short skirt. Okay? She's Yuna. The new character designer failed in every respect to make the characters look good. Which leads us to...

#2: The Characters

Vaan looks like a horse, E-moo thing, Balthier was nice, but Fran's name needed to go, and she looks like she shops at Victoria's Naughty Little Secret, Ashe was SO, SO, SO horribly dressed, and whats-his-face...the blond guy with the wannabe shadow? Yeah, he looks like a hobo.

Now compare them to Yuna, Tidus, Auron, Lulu, and anyone else from X. The diffrence in imagination is clear. One guy's characters held a mystique, were beautiful, creative, and colorful without being blinding, while the others....they all looked dingy, and like they came from old America. Their depth was non-exsistant, they had no chemistry with eachother, and honestly...they sucked. Period.

#3: The Gameplay

The battle system was fun to me, but...the missions. Those annoying, impossible, non-rewarding missions! They were pathetic! And, (like everyone's been saying), all you did was run around 89% of the time! The towns had all this color and decoration, but what could you do past look at it? Nothing. The areas were big for the sake of being big, but wern't at all interactive. This, to me, seemed like a pointless step to take if this was the case.

If you didn't know how to use the Gambit System, you were royally screwed. Because without it, the party sucked.
You were forced to learn all these aspects of the game until your head was boilng over! Let's not forget the Licenses! Without which a good portion of your invatory could very well be useless!

Because the enemies could come at you the moment you got close enough, fighting in the begining became overwhelming. Now you might say, "So just run."
But see, when you turn around, there could be 3-5 more enemies comming for you! And once again, in the begining, you have 0 licenes for the needed equipment, 0 know-how on the dumb-ass Gambit system, and probably little to no Gil to buy many healing items. Hmmm.....this does what now? Cause horrible frustration.

#4: The Plot

The storyline did not rub well with me, what-so-ever! It was all about politics, war, history, and, of course, mystery. Finding things out, and why this happened, and who that guy is. I HATE politics, war, and history...so it became an instant -100 the moment I began looking through the walkthrough. (Which is bigger than most math books, by the way.)

Was it about politics in VII? No. VIII? No. X? No...all of their most popular games were about the CHARACTERS, more than the current govenor or whatever. And that made it 10000000 times more enjoyable.

#5: The Settings

It was Star Wars. End of story.

So...there you have it. My reasons for hating that game with the fire of a million suns. It sucks monkey butt, and I wish it would catch fire and blow up tomarrow. They striped it of every FF trademark possible, and in it's place put in all this 'done before' crap. If it had been released by any other company, no one would have thought, 'Hey, that looks like a Final Fantasy game!'

No, it would have been,

'Hey, they're making a Star Wars game! Which movie is it??'

XD

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy XII sucks
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 12:14 pm 

Wow, I like this guy.

Yeah XII really sucked. As for the Espers. To me they came off as overly thought out. Oh lets but a do-hocky here and onother one over here to try and make the look cool. Added to that there were no female espers and that they were for the most part useless.

But you forgot the fact that all lelveing up did was increase your hp and very little else.