Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 18th, 2017, 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 9:54 pm 
Post Master

I still want this thread deleted. I can fix all these stupid issues without having to tell you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 4:20 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
This thread does have some good posts in it, so I will double check that you really do want it deleted before doing so. (In which case I will try and separate all the posts that I had with 42317 and others about the quality of goods and just get rid of your posts and those related to your specific posts.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 5:51 am 
Post Master

Just delete my posts where I use excessive swearing and stupidity (about 50% of the ones on this thread) and change the title to something that doesn't sound stupid.

Anyway, I tried Amazon.com recently (some %40-%60 off deals on anime) and fortunately I didn't have to pay any customs or import taxes for it, the shipping is inexpensive, it came on time, etc. I've concluded that this is the best place for me to buy my anime.

AnimeNation actually charged me customs on 2/5 of the packages they sent me (it seems I only have to pay it when I get it at the door), but I don't really care considering how much I saved. I don't like how they send orders though, they sent 5 packages for one order (mostly 2 items per package).

I also figured out customs isn't so bad, since all I have to pay is $5 customs per package + import taxes. But these American companies don't charge me any normal tax (normal taxes and import taxes almost cost the same thing to Canada) so I'm only paying $5 customs + shipping.

Dreamworks is still jacking with me, its been 10 days and they haven't responded. They could at least say that they don't send replacements anymore or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 3:36 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well I am glad to hear that AN and Amazon are at least working for ya.

Well, I changed the title, but I don't want to just go deleting your posts and such really. Why don't you just edit out the parts you dislike and that way we can keep the integrity of the thread and you can lower the swearing and delete whatever you want. (If you find a whole post you want gone, just make it in red or something and I'll delete it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 4:57 am 
Post Master

I've edited all my posts now.

Yeah, amazon.com is cool, I wish I could've taken more of the deals though (I wasn't able to buy Otogi Zoshi, Gunslinger Girl, and others). Theres no doubt that my parents will refuse lending me anymore money. Now I owe them $490. To me, thats not pocket change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 4:44 am 
Post Master

I'm going to be calling DreamWorks since they don't respond to emails.

I'm also going to return my 3 Paranoia Agent DVDs for a refund and buy the box set.

I'm going to get everything resolved, but I shouldn't have to do this stuff in the first place. My paranoid way of thinking results in excessive anger (to the point of depression) towards these types of things, especially because Geneon left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 6:16 pm 
Regular

Quote:
No no no! This thread is such a splendid example of Internet vitriol that it should be preserved for the viewing pleasure of future generations. Laughing

QFT. Best laugh I had in some time :twisted:

Even funnier considering a whole judgement on a first purchase at a company AFTER I read like 3 or 4 judgements on whole series based on 3 episodes.

Talk about quick temper =D

Come on Mmsven you need to calm down some times, not everything in life can be decided and judged by cover only (like, nothing)

In time some info on customs:

1. "GIFT" mark will not prevent you from paying customs, that works only for non-commercial issuing adress.

2. Customs can't check everything they go thru, specially "small" fish, so it's quite common for some or several packages to get past them without them charging. You start importing too much and you will notice they will start catching more of your stuff

3. I had 100% working imports from amazon.com AND amazon.jp from books to CDs and DVDs, not a scratch. I once got an item delayed (shipping) from amazon.com and to compensate the delay they bumped my shipping from normal to express so I got it in the original time =D mind you, I was always very polite with them >.>

Quote:
I'm going to be calling DreamWorks since they don't respond to emails.

Get a prosac before you call them. If you get anger, or out of line, they WILL ignore you and most likelly hang. They are ALLOWED to ignore complains from angered people, it's called "Incomunicability", which means the consumer is so angry that they cannot keep a conversation and thus they hang up. BEST strategy to get them do whatever you want, pretend you are a poor harmless person and talk with a crying voice, they (the person you are talking to, not the company) get pittiful and solve things gladly =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 9:39 pm 
Post Master

Quote:
a whole judgement on a first purchase at a company

Have you read this whole topic? Have you read about everything they have done?

Quote:
I read like 3 or 4 judgements on whole series based on 3 episodes.

You don't have to listen if you don't want to. I don't like wasting my time on crappy anime, so I try to restrict the amount of my time wasted to a minimum.

Quote:
not everything in life can be decided and judged by cover only (like, nothing)

What if you found a book in the store that had a fat naked crackwhore on the cover?

Quote:
3. I had 100% working imports from amazon.com AND amazon.jp from books to CDs and DVDs, not a scratch.

Your lucky. Most of the stuff I've ordered from amazon.ca has come in really shitty condition.

Quote:
BEST strategy to get them do whatever you want, pretend you are a poor harmless person and talk with a crying voice, they (the person you are talking to, not the company) get pittiful and solve things gladly =D

You'll never see me doing that.

Quote:
Get a prosac before you call them.

I send you the money and you send me the stuff >.>
Honestly, where do you expect me to get prozac?
I don't have any medical subscriptions or whatever you call them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 11:01 pm 
Regular

You really want an argument on that? Be my guest.

Quote:
Have you read this whole topic? Have you read about everything they have done?

Yes. I don't know a single company in the world, and in the history of the world, which does not make mistakes, some serious. If Rightstuff messed up everything on your order, so what? they didn't in countless others on countless other people. No, you can't judge a company from one lousy order. I could probably understand a "yet, I don't plan on buying from them anymore", but not a full judgement.

Quote:
You don't have to listen if you don't want to. I don't like wasting my time on crappy anime, so I try to restrict the amount of my time wasted to a minimum.

By watching only the crappy introduction episodes. Ok. A long time ago I used to do that (though I set a border at 1/4 of the show, so I usually dropped around 6~7 episodes). Than came a good trusty friend and made fun of me for dropping some titles, and me and all my ego said "ok, let's bet, I will watch the whole shitty anime and only than tell you it's shitty ok"? ... some of those titles are on my top list, and I never ventured judgements before I watched all the title again. I can explain to you why I am NOT going to watch something, but not if it's good or not.

Quote:
What if you found a book in the store that had a fat naked crackwhore on the cover?

I would say: "It's a fat naked crackwhore book which I don't know if it's a good read for people who like fat naked crackwhores". I would not buy, but I would not care to venture a quality judgement of the contents, right sherlock?

Quote:
Your lucky. Most of the stuff I've ordered from amazon.ca has come in really shitty condition.

I'm working under the impression nothing is good for you :roll: either that or you really have bad luck, I would too forget about buying stuff if I had all that luck, fortunatelly, I haven't =D

Quote:
You'll never see me doing that.

Lack of adaptability and lack of strategy on top of a big ego will only lead you to failure. Good luck. Seriously, learning how to deal with people and level with them will open you a lot of doors ... A LOT

Quote:
I send you the money and you send me the stuff >.>
Honestly, where do you expect me to get prozac?

lol actually prozac would'nt work, it's a long LONG term stuff, like take it now, get calmer in a month =p that was more like a joke like "get ready, THEY WILL make you angry"

Seriously, I'm yet to talk to a company on the phone and not get even mildly angry, but again, if I let that get to me, I will probably not have what I want.

They all learn manipulation and psichology on telemarketing to get "ready" to bend their customers, why not make the same to them? thus, I get all whinny and ask politelly. If I get angry it usually only makes me MORE angry since they start treating me like a retard :evil:

You gotta fight FIRE with FIRE! When talking to them you must keep in your mind "I'm better than they are" and go for it instead of getting all "I will sue you @#$$@!!" angry, which will lead to nothing, not even a law suit BTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 11:35 pm 
Post Master

Quote:
By watching only the crappy introduction episodes. Ok. A long time ago I used to do that (though I set a border at 1/4 of the show, so I usually dropped around 6~7 episodes). Than came a good trusty friend and made fun of me for dropping some titles, and me and all my ego said "ok, let's bet, I will watch the whole shitty anime and only than tell you it's shitty ok"? ... some of those titles are on my top list, and I never ventured judgements before I watched all the title again. I can explain to you why I am NOT going to watch something, but not if it's good or not.

Keep in mind, I'm very picky about my anime. I hate titles for many different reasons.

Edit: this part of our discussion is off-topic

Quote:
I'm working under the impression nothing is good for you Rolling Eyes either that or you really have bad luck, I would too forget about buying stuff if I had all that luck, fortunatelly, I haven't =D

Check out my brilliant Innocence case.
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1413 ... ncevm0.png

It actually looks worse in real life.

Quote:
Lack of adaptability and lack of strategy on top of a big ego will only lead you to failure. Good luck. Seriously, learning how to deal with people and level with them will open you a lot of doors ... A LOT

It actually doesn't have to do with my ego. I just suck at acting and would get anxious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 12:20 am 
Regular

Quote:
Keep in mind, I'm very picky about my anime. I hate titles for many different reasons.

Me too, only difference is that since I get lots of feedback in foruns and reviews, I don't even watch those 3 episodes you do. It's rare for me to hate something so much I would like to drop it so early. Only happened twice this entire year: with Gunparade Orchestra, which nobody watched to comment, and Gurren-Lagann, because of dubious reviews praising too much but forgetting to mention it's a wacky sci-fi comedy

Quote:
It actually looks worse in real life.

I know, as I mentioned you have really bad luck ... perhaps you wasted all your bad luck and next purchase will be very good?

Quote:
It actually doesn't have to do with my ego. I just suck at acting and would get anxious.

lol I get more anxious with people trying to take advantage on me or pretending to be helping to solve my case and making me more angry, like my current (soon to be ex) ISP which keeps pretending everything is fine and ignoring whatever I call or mail them, going to the extent of blaiming my code, and only after a week of discussion and I haveing to go all the way to their managers, they reckong it's their mistake. I mean, most people would have accepted it's THEIR fault and forgiven the shitty ISP ¬¬

Easy recipe not to get anxious: just have fun. I sometimes laugh (not out loud, just smile and take a breath) on the phone when I hear something "sir, we are working on your problem" or "but there is nothing wrong with your package" T_T instead of getting angry I stop, laugh inside, and ask as if I was very stupid "uh? serious ... but why is it not working than? can YOU explain me please?" lol

It get's funier as you start asking them those questions and they simply ignore and go off-topic, and than you ask again and again until they get embarassed and either fix the problem or get you to their supervisor :twisted:

Me and my wife actually have fun with telemarketing when they call us. Last time a car dealer called my phone I let him talk about how great his leasing was and all the benefits on the car only to say: "sorry, what are you selling again?" and he said "Cars sir, the best ..." and I cut him: "but sir, I'm blind"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1st, 2008, 1:07 am 
Post Master

Caiobrz wrote:
I know, as I mentioned you have really bad luck ... perhaps you wasted all your bad luck and next purchase will be very good?

Unfortunately, no. I got my Delta State S1 from amazon.ca today. Theres a cut across the plastic front of the case, theres some lumping on the back (like innocence, but not as significant), and worst of all, all the teeth are broken for one of the disc holders. It isn't a normal case, so I can't replace it.

Fortunately, I was able to fix the teeth problem. I took a piece of cardboard and used the plastic thing (used to open amazon packages) and wrapped it around the circle in the middle. It took me a while to get it to fit perfectly though.

I shouldn't even have to fucking do this. I'm not sure if I should send it back for a new one, because that one may be worse..

I'm not going to order some amazon.ca any more. I really don't see why everything I order from amazon.ca is messed up, but everything I order from amazon.com is perfect. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.