Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 9:48 pm 
Major Contributor

Well I did say that Light is meant to be hated (he's very much an anti-hero), but I would agree that I really did like his character, even though I still liked L better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 6:01 am 
Regular

42317 wrote:
I haven't seen the series, but in general I'd like to add that given such a note book I would burn it immediately because no one should hold such power. Who am I to decide whether someone deserves to die or not?

This raises an interesting question. It's discussion time! :D

Suppose that you were given the notebook in Death Note. What would you do with it?

Also, a question since I haven't read the manga/watched the anime. How flexible is the notebook when it comes to contingency plans? For example, if I wrote in it: "Anybody who even thinks about trying to harm me instantly explodes into a shower of blood and gore." Would that work? Or does it only work on one specific person at a time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 1:55 pm 
Regular

it has to ba a specific person, as you have to know their name (real one) and their face.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 1:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
For example, if I wrote in it:
"Anybody who even thinks about trying to harm me instantly explodes into a shower of blood and gore."

:lol: 8) :mrgreen:

No need to comment with words... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 2:24 pm 
Post Master

Zaxares wrote:
Also, a question since I haven't read the manga/watched the anime. How flexible is the notebook when it comes to contingency plans? For example, if I wrote in it: "Anybody who even thinks about trying to harm me instantly explodes into a shower of blood and gore." Would that work? Or does it only work on one specific person at a time?

That wouldn't work at all. Not even on one person.

Even if it did, it wouldn't be a good plan. Only the people who know him would get killed, he would be spotted easily as a suspect.

Theres a lot of rules to the Death Note, so you really have to watch it yourself to understand how it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 2:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Only the people who know him would get killed, he would be spotted easily as a suspect.

That depends on how the people in question die. But let them all make a big mess - so what? The suspect has no connections with hitmen and perfect alibis. And if you go and tell the police "These people died because he wrote their names in his notebook!" they'll think you're a bit soft in the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 3:46 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
That depends on how the people in question die. But let them all make a big mess - so what? The suspect has no connections with hitmen and perfect alibis. And if you go and tell the police "These people died because he wrote their names in his notebook!" they'll think you're a bit soft in the head.

Just watch a few episodes and see how L deals with the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21st, 2008, 8:29 pm 
Regular

Mmsven wrote:
That wouldn't work at all. Not even on one person.

Even if it did, it wouldn't be a good plan. Only the people who know him would get killed, he would be spotted easily as a suspect.

Theres a lot of rules to the Death Note, so you really have to watch it yourself to understand how it works.

Hmm, so the Death Note is quite limited then in its functionality. There go my plans for world domination. :lol:

However, I still say it would be a good plan. Nobody can harm you, directly or indirectly. Even doing something non-violent like locking you in a prison can be interpreted as trying to harm you (since they're depriving you of your liberty), so regardless of what you do, you're immune from any sort of retribution.

The only way you could be hurt or killed is if somebody does something that impacts a large area (a suicide bomber, for instance) and you just happened to be in the vicinity. Even so, the suicide bomber cannot be doing it with the express intention to hurt you, since that would contravene the rules of the curse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 2:32 am 
Newcomer

well me and my Gf are both avid watchers of anime, reader of comic books ( u name it lol) and we both hate Deathnote as series and the manga, but what i got from the kids at the school she teaches at is that its very appealing for newer watchers /readers of anime becasue of that power that u can wield to murder anyone u feel to even if the one demon guy does take ur soul after the notebook is filled lol :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 2:48 am 
Post Master

drkdmon, it can appeal to anyone. I personally like it because of its incredibly intelligent and well thought-out plotting. It's not your typical brainless fighting anime. The technical aspects definitely help it too.

Also, try to work on your writing. Cutting down on shortcuts (like "u") and using more commas will make it better on everyones eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 2:52 am 
Newcomer

Thanks for the advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 2:59 am 
Newcomer

(sorry for the short post) you do have a point Mmsven, becasue I pretty much grew up on Brainless fighting anime, so as long as there is death and destruction is in an anime i will give it a chance. And the deathnote story line is orginal so I give it a plus there

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 4:21 am 
Regular

so what do you hate about it?

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 4:01 pm 
Newcomer

I pretty much dont like it for the same reasons Acmurphy labeled in the first post. But on a more personal level, when i go to watch an anime, I need to be pulled in by one thing or another. Whether it be the dialogue, charecters, action, whatever. And my time watching deathnote has done very little of that. I despise Light and can understand the premise of the story, but it just didn't grab me you kno? However, I did like the god Ryuk, how he is not really a friend to light, refuses to help him and, and even threatens to write Light's own name in the book someday. Its not a badly done anime, I personally just couldnt connect with it like I have done with so many others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 24th, 2008, 7:37 pm 
Resident Scholar

"Hey, you, watch your spelling!"
This is so much like Mmsven... a new guy shows up and he whacks him with a rolled paper. :roll:

You have to excuse him, drkdmon, he's not a bad guy, he's just a little grumpy now and then.

...hm, on second thought better make that "most of the time". :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next