Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2007, 9:51 am 

Pink mobile suit.

That Reform League Colonel is cool. Gundam needs more people like him. Allelujah lost my support with the schizo act, though. Seen enough of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2007, 12:12 am 

Okay, I'll say it again never seen Zeta Gundam, so I again stand corrected.

Good to hear that the new Gundam has fixed the problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 6:43 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, with episode 10 out of the way, I now officially can't stand any of the Gundam meisters except for Lockon Stratos. The other three are way too emo and incredibly annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 11:57 pm 

Big question remains unanswered.

Did Saji stay or leave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 1:55 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Big question remains unanswered.

Did Saji stay or leave?

I dunno, I vote stay. I mean the guy obviously has no backbone but he would stay knowing what Louise would probably do to him if he left . . . :P

Anyway, 15 episodes left in the first season and we still haven't really gotten anywhere plot wise. Something needs to happen other than just revealing new Gundams and revealing how emo the Gundam meisters are (and now apparently, Sumeragi as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 7:40 pm 
Major Contributor

After 14 episodes, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in 00 overall. It did show glimmers of hope but neither the action sequences nor the plot are well executed or interesting. The only reason I'm continuing to watch seems to be because it's a Gundam series, and I'm pretty much obligated to watch any Gundam series. :P

Well there are still 38 episodes left, so I hope that it'll get better later on. But at this point, the only people who are satisfied with Gundam 00 is probably the Bandai toy division.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 11:04 pm 

I'm waiting for Menclave before 14. Well in my opinion, although short, the duel showoffs were pretty good. Like when Graham kicks Lockon in the head and Setsuna's most recent tango with whatshisface. But then there were alot of pointless grunt massacres, but at least it ain't reused animation.

Well judging from the new OP, they are introducing these three antagonistic.... Gundams? With laser spitting Fin Funnels? Or whatever strange particle beam they are gonna introduce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 16th, 2008, 12:25 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I'm waiting for Menclave before 14. Well in my opinion, although short, the duel showoffs were pretty good. Like when Graham kicks Lockon in the head and Setsuna's most recent tango with whatshisface. But then there were alot of pointless grunt massacres, but at least it ain't reused animation.

Yeah that's about the only good thing I can say about Gundam 00: the animation quality is top-notch, if not necessarily inspiring in any way.

And while some of the duels between the Gundam meisters and aces like Graham or Biage were decent enough, most of the military strategy displayed by the earth forces, with the exception of episode 9 were terrible. Worse even than the likes of the grunts in Gundam Wing. Not to mention the extremely annoying emo outbursts from Setsuna, Allelujah, and of course Tieria. At first I thought Setsuna was annoying enough but Allelujah has turned out to be worse, in terms of emoness.

The preview for episode 15 looks promising though. "...this is the worlds response. This is the end of the Gundam Meisters." Sigh if only that were true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 19th, 2008, 10:58 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
And while some of the duels between the Gundam meisters and aces like Graham or Biage were decent enough, most of the military strategy displayed by the earth forces, with the exception of episode 9 were terrible. Worse even than the likes of the grunts in Gundam Wing. Not to mention the extremely annoying emo outbursts from Setsuna, Allelujah, and of course Tieria. At first I thought Setsuna was annoying enough but Allelujah has turned out to be worse, in terms of emoness.

I'm getting tired of the whole "Gundams are the ultimate weapons" scenario, too much emphasis is being placed on the superiority of the machines rather than the skills of the pilots. Though some of the battles in 00 seem to be addressing that slightly. Overall there isn't any real tension, because it's pretty much guaranteed that the Gundam pilots are going to walk away from their missions unscathed.

I like Allelujah more than Setsuna because although as Spaz puts it he's more "emo", he has a pretty damn good reason for it, also his sadistic alter ego goes a long way to make up for his shortcomings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 20th, 2008, 9:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Manic wrote:
I like Allelujah more than Setsuna because although as Spaz puts it he's more "emo", he has a pretty damn good reason for it, also his sadistic alter ego goes a long way to make up for his shortcomings.

Yeah but the alter ego/multiple personality thing in which one is good and the other is evil, has been done to death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 1:44 am 

This show is rather iffy in some places, like the silly emergence of the Gundam Thrones and their totally whacked pilots.... but the emergence of totally badass Graham fights and his speeches kinda makes it worth it.

That said, I wonder if UN will gain some GN technology since Graham did hijack a saber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 9:14 am 

I can definitely see Graham piloting a Gundam, however since GN drives are a real hassle to make it looks like he'll have to get one the hard way which will probably half kill him.

The whole situation with the Overflags speed being too fast to handle reminds me of the Tallgeese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 18th, 2008, 11:19 am 
Major Contributor

I think we're more likely to see Celestial Being fight the Trinity siblings, which will be the first Gundam vs. Gundam fights in the series. Episode 18 made it clear that the Trinity siblings aren't really a part of Celestial Being, nor do their intentions align with that of Celestial Being.

Of course episode 18 also helped to restore my interest in the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2008, 5:45 pm 
Newcomer

omg im loving it! im on ep 20 and so much is happening. cant wait for the gundams to use the GN arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2008, 4:11 pm 
Major Contributor

Episode 20 was a little sad, but c'mon what do you expect is going to happen when you get into a car with Ali in it?

Incidentally, Saji has all the makings of a Shinn. Though hopefully Sunrise knows better than to rehash that character profile again. (i.e. EVERYONE hated Shinn)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next