Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 12:15 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
Zaxares wrote:
After watching the video on the page... Did it always take that long for Carriers to defeat a Battlecruiser? :shock:

Wow, it took those Carriers forever to kill that battlecruiser! I thought it was going to destroy one of the carriers before it went down! I was a big Protoss/Carrier fan back in the day, I hope they didn't nerf them as much as it seemed right there.

I frequently use carriers in sc1 (and I still play it, at least 1 session in 2 days) and it didn't seem any different. Carriers don't do much in small numbers, and since they attack with fast weak shots, armor makes a big difference in damage, and battlecruisers have plenty of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 12:00 am 
Regular

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terr ... rtower.xml

The Sensor Towers are up on the Terran page.

Not too sure what to make of it so far. I'd have to see what sort of range they have, but from the movies, it looks like their scanning radius is limited to when the enemy is almost on top of you. Some early warning system. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 12:52 am 
Major Contributor

And it doesn't even tell what type of units they are . . . lame . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2007, 9:05 pm 
Regular

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/observer.xml

The Observers are up on the Protoss page. They seem exactly the same as their SC1 incarnation, although their model looks a lot cooler now.

I'm just waiting for the Zerg page to be up, to be honest. They were always my favorite race. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 2:33 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I'm just waiting for the Zerg page to be up, to be honest. They were always my favorite race. :D

Yeah but playing Zerg competitively was generally a bad idea unless you were REALLY REALLY good at playing Zerg. Since I was always a Protoss player I found it amusing that a lot of my friends liked playing Zerg, even though they would get slaughtered during the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 6:46 am 
Regular

Oh, I know I suck at Starcraft. And suck BAD. I have to rely on cheats to win the single player campaigns. :P That still doesn't stop me enjoying the game though. I'm mainly curious to see what Kerrigan's been up to all this time, and what sort of new bio-weapons the Zerg will come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 7:21 am 

Besides hit and running with superior speed... a Carrier always lost horribly to a Battlecruiser in a 1v1 battle. Add the Yamato Gun and its more horrible of a loss. Add a Science Vessel and I don't really wanna talk about it.... but well. A Carrier has good range and can snipe shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 7:39 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Besides hit and running with superior speed... a Carrier always lost horribly to a Battlecruiser in a 1v1 battle. Add the Yamato Gun and its more horrible of a loss. Add a Science Vessel and I don't really wanna talk about it.... but well. A Carrier has good range and can snipe shit.

Yeah, Carriers are much better against ground units than air, especially since they out-range defensive structures. The only other air unit with the same range is the Guardian (not counting the Yamato Gun) which are of course a lot easier to kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 2:19 am 
Regular

Terrans have 2 new unit pages up:

Firstly, the new Nomad unit:
- TF-620 Nomad

and the return of the good old Siege Tank:
- Crucio Siege Tank

Nomad looks interesting. It's supposedly a cheaper, more versatile version of the Science Vessel, with the ability to deploy defensive cannons EXTREMELY quickly. Can definitely make an impact in base defense.

The Siege Tank is practically unchanged from its SC1 incarnation. It's supposedly tougher and stronger when not in siege mode, but I guess that remains to be seen.

Last edited by Zaxares on January 15th, 2008, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 2:40 am 

I'm not sure what to think about the Nomad. Being able to employ turrets all over the place is a nifty ability.... like dumping them around your siege bombardment team or something hahaha. But the godly Defense Matrix is probably gone now isn't it? And so is the Terran's overwhelming advantage against Protoss with their EMP. But I wonder if the new Terrans will need them though.

The new Siege Tank is supposedly also......... more expensive along with those supposed mentioned upgrades. And looks like that was a Medic being blown to shreds at the end of the animation demonstration. I guess thats our first shot of the Medic in action.

Still no news of Zerg though. Hurry up already :<

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 4:34 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmmm, good old siege engines. Even though I didn't play terran often, I was a fan of setting up siege engines behind my bunkers, if I remember correctly, and blowing some people away. They need to hurry up and get this game moving so I can get playing again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 4:50 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
Mmmm, good old siege engines. Even though I didn't play terran often, I was a fan of setting up siege engines behind my bunkers, if I remember correctly, and blowing some people away. They need to hurry up and get this game moving so I can get playing again!

Putting your tanks behind bunkers isn't a good idea. Bunkers are useless overall. Your supposed to set up your tanks on cliffs and behind a wall of barracks' blocking your entrance. If you used bunkers to block your entrance, the tanks themselves would destroy them due to splash damage because bunkers are so weak.

I know everything about terran and protoss but I suck with zerg. I'm a protoss player.

Anyone wanna have a match?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 5:01 am 
Resident Admin

Yes well, my terminology may be a little off. What's the difference between the bunker and barracks? I don't even remember there being multiple types... (I think it's been about 7 years since I last played :cry: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 5:06 am 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
Yes well, my terminology may be a little off. What's the difference between the bunker and barracks? I don't even remember there being multiple types... (I think it's been about 7 years since I last played :cry: )

A barracks has 750 or something health. If they break through a defense then your pretty much screwed. Tanks can't attack things up close, and your other tanks will kill your own tanks because of the splash damage.

Edit: Also, the barracks is where you train marines, medics, ghosts and firebats. Bunkers are the things those units go into.

If you want, I can teach you how to play starcraft. Then we can have some epic 4 player FFA's with my other 2 buds.

I started playing again in preparation for SC2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 4:01 am 
Resident Admin

Hmm, I can't even remember anymore.

And thank you for the offer, but I am done with SC1. I'll try out SC2, but I am not big into games anymore and am only excited about SC2 because of how much I enjoyed SC1. Sadly that was so long ago, SC2 may end up not interesting me at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next