Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nodame Cantabile
PostPosted: April 30th, 2007, 8:29 pm 
Major Contributor

The official Nodame Cantabile thread. (Description from animenfo.com)

Quote:
Shinichi Chiaki is a gifted, if arrogant, student at the Momogaoka Music Academy. Although he has enrolled in piano classes, his real dream is to become a world-famous orchestra conductor. Unfortunately, an extremely traumatic event which occurred during his childhood has resulted in a fear of flying, destroying his chances of studying abroad under the wing of the renowned conductor, Sebastian Viera.

Chiaki's attitude, as well as his frustration and disappointment with the state of his life, results in him keeping an arms-length relationship with his fellow students, and in conflicts with his instructors.

However, things begin to change for him when he meets fellow piano student Noda "Nodame" Megumi. She may be a slob, an airhead, and a slow learner, but there's something about her piano playing that moves his heart. Perhaps even change it.

Note: this anime has 23 episodes.

So who has seen this anime? After watching the first 14 episodes, I've definitely gotten hooked to this anime. Part of it is the comedy and the characters but part of it is the music. This anime has really inspired me to get back into classical music again. I haven't listened to so much classical since middle school (when I was in band) lol . . .