Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What ever happened to the "major redesign"?
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 9:22 am 
Newcomer

It was promised months ago D=

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 2:32 pm 

I thought that was if the site got more members? I might be wrong though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 3:27 pm 
Post Master

He explains it all in this thread.

http://animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 3:31 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well, as I said in the announcements area, I got the design "finished", but my designer decided to skip out after that and I decided I needed the design coded in a different language, like fully coded in CSS or something, so that I can make changes site wide when I need to update something, as opposed to having to change it on every single page as I would have had to do with the new site design. (I don't really have that problem now since the site doesn't have a uniform design, but that part is killing site wide navigation).

I had started working on something with J-List, but they wanted me to go the route of turning the site into a wordpress blog, and I really didn't want to go that route. I like the idea of Animetric staying a site, not one of the huge number of blogs out there.

At any rate, I am still going to do it, and will probably be looking to something as soon as my finals are over. It won't be quick, since whatever I do will have to be recoded over the whole site, but hopefully I can get something polished off in the near future.

Part of the problem is that all I know is basic html, so I can't really do anything myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 9:32 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I like the idea of Animetric staying a site, not one of the huge number of blogs out there.

I agree with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2007, 12:54 am 
Regular

You know my site right? www.daisuki.com.br

Every single bit made by me ... well, it's my job: PHP/mysql analist with internet bachelor and lots of HTML/design experience.

AND I'm both unenployed (I expect to stay unenployed, because I want to, for at least 3 months) and interested in partnerships, plus Anime + Design can never go wrong as stress relief :roll:

If you are interested, PM me =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2007, 3:57 am 
Major Contributor

Great work. It's okay that I adopted the dog from your site as my avatar for here, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2007, 1:38 pm 
Regular

everything posted there is posted by members, not mine =p they are meant to be used/downloaded/whatever

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 5:11 pm 
Resident Admin

Caiobrz wrote:
You know my site right? www.daisuki.com.br

Every single bit made by me ... well, it's my job: PHP/mysql analist with internet bachelor and lots of HTML/design experience.

AND I'm both unenployed (I expect to stay unenployed, because I want to, for at least 3 months) and interested in partnerships, plus Anime + Design can never go wrong as stress relief :roll:

If you are interested, PM me =p

lol, yes I do know your site. I'd wondered if you were actually the one that coded it, which I figured to be the case but never really knew. Well I thank you for your offer and would be interested in hiring you to design/code something for me. I'll get the basic outline of what I am looking for and PM it to you sometime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 10:07 pm 
Regular

if it's not something too complex, I wouldn't mind doing it for the sake of anime fans ;) aka for free

An area-based (reviews/hentai/articles/editorials/news/etc..) review system is very easy to do, and would allow you to have everything in a database so not only adding/editing reviews would be easiest than having to create the html from scratch, but would offer you the infinite possibility of layouts (I would say "skins" but I think that's childish xD but since data and interface is separated, a lot of stuff is possible)

Some interaction with phpBB database is also possible.

In the other hand if all you want is just to come up with a new design and chomp it off to separated .html/.css I can probably do that in one day =p

BTW I will be out on vacation from 21th to 1st. If you give me an outline of what you want before that I can check it out and evaluate it on my spare time until I return with if it's possible or not (or too much xD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2007, 5:23 pm 
Resident Admin

Well thank you for the help! I've been rather busy with the family and such, so I will work on it while you are enjoying your trip and send it to you when you get back. Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 8:13 pm 
Regular

yay I'm back xD~ I was planning to work on a personal project but I decided to drop it (it was kind of stupid >.>) so I'm really free for the month.

Meanwhile ... anime anime anime >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 10:33 pm 
Resident Admin

kk, I am going to look at sending you something tomorrow. It will be something really simple, as all I really want at this point in time is a slightly new layout with the ability to make site wide changes by just changing a couple things rather than having to do it on every page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 4:14 am 
Post Master

Any progress on the new design?

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 5:31 am 
Resident Admin

Well, not so much the design, but I am working with with Caiobrz on changing the whole site from standard html to a database driven format. After we get all this hammered out I will look at redesigning the site, which shouldn't be too tough once everything else is setup. Just trying to tackle one thing at a time. Actually a lot of the stuff is done in terms of the code, but I have a whole hell of a lot of stuff to do concerning transferring all the stuff from old reviews to the new format. I'm working on it, if nothing else, but it will probably be a while yet before I get it up and running.

I'll be posting more about it a little later in the announcements area. Looking for some input from you guys about what you want out of the new site.