Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:41 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
I take back my comments on Amazon.ca. My Innocence dvd was fucking garbage. Not only does the R1 release have no dub, but they gave me the version with CAPTIONS ONLY. Weren't these stupid things recalled? And the cases plastic protection is all lumpy and messed up. For fuck sake. Although I guess this is Dreamworks and Go Fish Pictures fault for being so damn ignorant.

I'm seriously considering just going back to downloading every anime I want, because this is just ridiculous.

What do you mean captions only? That there wasn't a Japanese dub track either?

If your issue is the lack of an English dub, there was none released in R1. A dub track recorded with the cast of SAC as the main characters does exist...but I can't remember if it's R2 or R4. Not Amazon.ca's fault. That is squarely on Dreamworks, who, as I remember hearing, also did this for Millennium Actress.

As for the case...either it's a bootleg or the manufacturer fraked up. Though you shouldn't have to, you can always replace it by buying one at a store that sells such things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:52 am 
Post Master

shgarland wrote:
What do you mean captions only? That there wasn't a Japanese dub track either?

If your issue is the lack of an English dub, there was none released in R1. A dub track recorded with the cast of SAC as the main characters does exist...but I can't remember if it's R2 or R4. Not Amazon.ca's fault. That is squarely on Dreamworks, who, as I remember hearing, also did this for Millennium Actress.

I'm not an idiot. I know there is no dub on R1, I SAID that on my post, and I've known that even before I bought it. The problem is, the distributers fucked up their first releasing of innocence, and only included English captions (for hearing impaired) with no subtitles. These were supposedly recalled back, but for some reason I just happened to recieve this spare garbage amazon had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 6:19 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven,

I don't think it was a recall. I think it was a, "Hey we kinda messed this up so if you want it changed send it to this address and we will replace if with a correct version" type of thing. (A lot less expensive for the company to do). So you may still be able to contact them about it and get a correct version, but it has been a while since it was released.

And ya, you have no luck with shopping online :( You could always just buy at B&M stores and that way you would be able to return and look at the item before you buy it. While it may be more expensive, it may make your life more stress free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 1:12 pm 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
And ya, you have no luck with shopping online :( You could always just buy at B&M stores and that way you would be able to return and look at the item before you buy it. While it may be more expensive, it may make your life more stress free.

I assume you mean local stores? I tried looking in CDplus but all they had was new releases that I was not interested in. I could try looking in A&B sound I guess. There are no best buys around where I live, and the futureshop is rather far away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2007, 10:29 pm 
Post Master

Holy shit... I tried running the Desert Punk disk and it actually worked! Surprising, it only made a bit more noise then a normal disk when running, but I went through all the episodes and it works fine. Blah, the dub sucks though, it detracts from the funny IMO.

I never tried it before because I feared it might mess up my ps2/dvd player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 28th, 2007, 4:43 am 
Post Master

Well its been about 12 days and they are still processing my replacements. Wow. Have I mentioned its been 9 weeks since I made those orders? This is some great service. Maybe I should demand compensation.

Lots of the items on those orders are no longer in-stock + discontinued (geneon items) so they better have some extras or I will explode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 3:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Maybe I should demand compensation.

Go ahead and do it. They will probably not accept it, but on the other hand they might, and asking is for free.
I'd say winning chances are low, but there's nothing you could lose by complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2007, 5:45 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
Well its been about 12 days and they are still processing my replacements. Wow. Have I mentioned its been 9 weeks since I made those orders? This is some great service. Maybe I should demand compensation.

Lots of the items on those orders are no longer in-stock + discontinued (geneon items) so they better have some extras or I will explode.

I hate to say it, but I would imagine since they are discontinued, they will soon be canceled. So they will probably just end up giving you a refund :cry: . If they are out of discontinued items, that's pretty much the end of the road for them being able to get the titles. Why it is taking them so long to cancel them I am not sure, but I am afraid that you may end up exploding :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 4th, 2008, 10:14 pm 
Post Master

Well they must have had some in the back for emergency situations because my replacements shipped a while ago. It must have been when they called and talked to my parents, but my parents didnt tell me anything. My replacements shipped like 9 days after I filed the claim. I should be recieving them soon.

Also I contacted Dreamworks animation about my Innocence disc, hopefully they are still allowing replacements. And after all this shit is overwith, I hope I don't have to deal with any more annoyances.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 8:57 pm 
Post Master

Well, I got my replacements today. They ungenerously didn't include the one that is not available for purchase, and for some reason never told me about it. I didn't get my money back for it either. And, it was the fourth Paranoia Agent disk, leaving the series incomplete. I would have gotten it if they didn't fuck up the first time.

Worst company I've ever had to deal with.

Dreamworks also isn't responding to my message.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 11:18 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Worst company I've ever had to deal with. Their staff must be full of fat lazy bastards which is common in America (I know this because I watched "Super-size Me").

Wow, all I have to say if you called the companies and spoke to them in this tone, I can really understand why they did not bother to process your complains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 11:34 pm 
Post Master

zero_chaos wrote:
Wow, all I have to say if you called the companies and spoke to them in this tone, I can really understand why they did not bother to process your complains.

I was mostly calm when I contacted them. Though now I'm considering telling rightstuf that they are ignorant lazy bastards that deserve to die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 5:46 am 
Post Master

Wow I pretty much made myself sound like an idiot in this thread. Can someone please remove this thread, I'm sick of looking at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 7:39 am 
Regular

No no no! This thread is such a splendid example of Internet vitriol that it should be preserved for the viewing pleasure of future generations. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 2:01 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Wow I pretty much made myself sound like an idiot in this thread. Can someone please remove this thread, I'm sick of looking at it.

Naw, its ok. We all say stupid things when we rant. Thats why they call it a rant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next