Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 11th, 2007, 2:42 am 
Major Contributor

Yeah a lot of people on forums are whining about how the original cast wasn't in it. But if you think about it, it's probably a huge hassle for Bandai to get the original cast together just to redub such relatively small amount of material. And it's not like the cast they put together is bad either. It's a pretty strong cast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2007, 9:37 pm 
Post Master

Well, I recieved The Laughing Man yesterday. I didn't get a chance to watch it because I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before, so I collapsed at 9. I will watch it sometime today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 1:30 am 
Post Master

I just watched it. First off, the dub. It was surprisingly good, and sounded similar to the original SAC cast. The only characters where I didn't like the dub were Batou and The Laughing Man. Batou's actor was pretty sloppy and he didn't fit right with the character, it seriously distracted me. The Laughing Man just didn't fit with the character. The good news is that Motoko and Togusa's voices are very good (they play the biggest parts in the movie).

Second, the timing is 2:40.

Third, sometimes it did feel a bit rushed and I noticed some scenes that weren't there, but overall it works well (if they kept all the scenes, the movie would be way too long and would bore). I did get bored sometimes, but the main reason is because I already knew what happens (this wont be the case when I watch Individual Eleven though, as I haven't seen 2nd GIG).

I liked it alot overall.

Don't let the biased retards stop you from buying this if you don't want the stand alone episodes.

Edit: hah I made a new avatar. I finally thought of a good idea for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 3:57 am 
Major Contributor

So do you think this is worth watching for people who've already seen the series? I'm also wondering exactly how the OVA is structured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:05 am 
Post Master

spazmaster666 wrote:
So do you think this is worth watching for people who've already seen the series? I'm also wondering exactly how the OVA is structured.

If you don't have a problem with the stand alone episodes and already own the series, then there is no point in getting The Laughing Man. There's barely any new content and the dub is better in the original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 19th, 2007, 4:10 am 
Major Contributor

Mmsven wrote:
If you don't have a problem with the stand alone episodes and already own the series, then there is no point in getting The Laughing Man. There's barely any new content and the dub is better in the original.

Hmm, that's a little disappointing. Though I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up about these types of releases. :P