Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rightstuf Problems
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 12:10 am 
Post Master

I made my first 2 orders and they shipped 6 weeks ago, and I STILL haven't recieved them yet. Also, the only order I have recieved, Desert Punk and Origin, I found out that the first disk of Desert Punk was cracked. I ordered over $200 dollars mind you.

Not to mention they set up the shipping so that I get $15 customs charges along with the already heavy shipping price. Was I really saving anything from buying from an american company?

Never ordering from them EVER AGAIN. I'm just gonna hope AnimeNation isn't as ignorant, since I made a big purchase from them. Any further orders are going to come from Amazon.ca even though canadian prices suck balls (costs usually 25-50% more).

Its gonna take another 6 weeks to get my replacements.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 1:46 am 

I wouldn't think RightStuf is the problem. If they left RightStuf then it is the Mail carrier's fault. And the cracked disc, well RightStuf should replace that I would think.

I have order maybe 4 or 5 things before with no problem at all. And all of those things were separate orders. I would call RightStuf and talk with them. RightStuf is a pretty good company if you ask me, so they should be able to help.

Hope I am not sounding like a complete d*ck here, just trying to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 2:18 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
That is really too bad. The only problem I have had with Rightstuf is that one of my items was backordered for like 8 months until they finally decided that they couldn't get it anymore and canceled it. Thats been my only problem in my 71 orders, all of which have been over $50.00, for the free shipping, so we're talking about a whole lot of items. Now I don't live in Canada, so that may be causing your problems, but you should be able to get things straightened out with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 3:31 am 
Major Contributor

I don't think I even think I meant to order from Rightstuf. I think Anime18 had partnered with them when I first ordered Mystery of the Necronomicon. Took me a long time (several months, as was the case with Acmurphy) to get it as well. Once it finally came, there was no DVD. The DVD's case came, but no DVD inside. I got kinda pissed about it and emailed Rightstuf about the issue, and they were pretty quick about fixing the issue. Gave me some kind of confirmation number and told me to send the case back with the number. I don't think it was more than 2 weeks later that the new copy of Mystery came with the DVD in it's box and everything.

I'm kinda with zero_chaos, in that there's a chance it's not RightStuf's fault. (That's definitely what happened with my order: no DVD in it's case is the fault of whatever factory Anime18 was using to duplicate and package their merchandise.) If the DVD came cracked in your case, it either happened at the factory or (more likely IMO) in route to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 12:42 pm 
Post Master

If they charge customs again on my replacements, I swear I will kill somebody.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 3:46 pm 

I would feel the same. I would call and tell them the full story and be polite about it. I would also tell them that the orders were Christmas presents. They should try and help you out I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 8:06 pm 
Resident Admin

I don't know much about how customs actually works. How did they send it to you so that it would get hit with a customs fee? Seems like if there was a way for them not to, that would be the better way to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 8:09 pm 
Post Master

Acmurphy wrote:
I don't know much about how customs actually works. How did they send it to you so that it would get hit with a customs fee? Seems like if there was a way for them not to, that would be the better way to do it.

I'm not completely sure how they send it so I dont get charged, but you would think a big company would know how to do it. I didn't get any customs fee for that astro boy set.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 8:24 pm 
Resident Admin

Well, it could be that you had to pay customs because it was sent by an actual company or because the stated value of the merchandise was high enough to trigger the need for you to pay customs. Maybe there is a law that if you are a company in the US sending goods to Canada you have to flag it to be checked for customs fees or something. I'd caution referring to them as dumbfucks until you actually know what the hell caused it. Have you contacted them yet concerning the customs fees?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 8:34 pm 
Post Master

My friend said yesterday that if its marked as a gift then I don't have to pay it. I'm not completely sure if hes right though.

Last edited by Mmsven on January 14th, 2008, 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2007, 8:47 pm 
Resident Admin

But if you buy it from a company, wouldn't you imagine it would be a little bit illegal for them to misrepresent the items they are shipping by defrauding Canadian customs and calling them a gift, when they aren't?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 12:43 am 
Post Master

After alot of sleep and some awesome games of starcraft I feel better now. I'll stay calm unless they throw something else ridiculous my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 4:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

Oh, bad air around here. Bad words galore.

Well, I have not spent 200 bucks on Rightstuf, I just spent 10. About six years ago.
I ordered a "Gunsmith Cats" T-shirt, it arrived soon and it looked good.
And when I tried it on and tucked the shirt into my trowsers (I usually don't wear them loose, just like I never wear shorts in public) - I tore a hole in it! The fabric was so thin you would have to handle it very carefull - which I am not used to.

I want to handle my clothes in a normal manner and not with extra care. So I have a hole in my shirt ever since and in all these years I have not worn it for more than a minute. Wonderful. Which made me decide never to buy anything at RightStuf again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 8:41 pm 

RightStuf didn't make the shirt though. They only sold it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 9th, 2007, 9:43 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
RightStuf didn't make the shirt though. They only sold it.

This is kind of what I was saying with my Mystery of the Necronomicon DVD. They didn't manufacture the empty DVD case: they only partnered with Anime18 to ship it to me. Can't blame them for a mistake made at the factory.