Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 11:18 pm 

I'm making this thread to help find good manga that is worth reading. So ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 3:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

You're so kind I envy you! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 6:12 pm 

Oh thanks that means so much. (now we need a smilly with a sign saying "OH THE SARCASIM!")

Still I don't know about you guys but finding manga I like is like pulling my own teeth. Painful and difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 7:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Since there's only a handful of Manga which I like, I find choosing pretty simple:
If I like an Anime very, very much I take a look at the Manga (happens once a year...), and if I like it, I buy the series (happens every few years...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 12:04 am 

Well, just a few recommendations.
Dash - a short manga (50 chapters or so), not finished yet but in its final chapters already. About 100 m dash. A fast kid, a bunch of childhood friends, the girl, the rival (in track).
I really like the story, I feel it has accomplished a lot, it carries a message of life goes on that I think its very significant.

IO - for those who've never even about it, it's a manga about scuba diving, ancient artifacts places and whales. The art is beautiful. Occasional fanservice.

Pastel - following the trend of series like Ichigo 100%, I"s, and Video Girl Ai, but with a smarter protagonist and very little fanservice.

Hunter X Hunter - because I never see anyone mention anything about HxH, and in my opinion this is superior to most shounen outthere, including naruto, bleach... not one piece though (they are in equal terms to me)

Happy: ok last one, by Naoki Urasawa, creator of Monster, 20th century boys... this one is about tennis, a girl who struggles to take care of her little siblings, since her parents died in an accident, and also trying to repay back a huge debt acquired by her brother with the mafia. And she tries to do that through tennis. I think it's pretty good. And I'm actually very fond of Urasawa's art style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 2:39 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict, 42317,

I swear, some of your interactions are priceless...

I'll take you up on your offer Adict! Tell me about Red River and or Basara! Two rather long manga seres I am thinking about reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 10:29 am 
Resident Scholar

Given a little planning we could hit the stage like Aimi and Kaoruko. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 2:44 pm 
Regular

I have some suggestions xD

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou ... priceless. I have the original though I can't read =p

Narutaru (8 letters, not 6, if you think Naruto, small lolly girls will kill you) ... the MOST underestimated anime/manga EVER, also very good AND I never read it because I also can't read, but I know what's all about from friend translations and scanlations up to vol 9 >.> (the anime is nothing compared, but still is amazing, think Higurashi)

All Hayao Miyasaki manga, like original Nausicaa manga (amazingly better than the movie).

BTW anyone know where I can actually find some kind of translation on Narutaru past volume 9? (no thanks about the U.S. butchered version =p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 8:11 pm 
Major Contributor

Caiobrz wrote:
BTW anyone know where I can actually find some kind of translation on Narutaru past volume 9? (no thanks about the U.S. butchered version =p)

I've been looking awhile for that too but I haven't found any. I have all 12 volume of the raw, but I'm still waiting for 10-12 to be translated/scanlated. It's unfortunate since as you said, this is a pretty awesome manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 8:59 pm 

Great I'm glad we amuse everybody, hey maybe we should do a comedy sketch. Then again The Adict and 42317 comedy duo jiust doesn't sound right.

I can only recommend Love Hina, Gatcha Gtach (not to be confused with Gatcha Gacha) the next revelutin, Negima and Ceres Celectial Legends. That's it, rather sad considering how many i've read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 12:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Then again The Adict and 42317 comedy duo just doesn't sound right.

[align=center]Feature presentation
Live on Stage!

"ADICTed to 42317"

:D[/align]

Alright, I should stop these OT habits...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 6:11 pm 

Oh joy of joys, something else people are goign to think I'm addicted to. GREAT!
:( For the last time I'm only addicted to Anime, manga, video games and chess. Oh the humanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 11:19 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Oh joy of joys, something else people are goign to think I'm addicted to. GREAT!
:( For the last time I'm only addicted to Anime, manga, video games and chess. Oh the humanity.

For me its Anime, video games, and Transformers. Maybe the occasional 3-3/4" GI Joe or Star Wars figure.

Don't have any manga I'd actually recommend though. Most of what I read is in the American Shonen Jump. For the December '07 issue they had the first Naruto story Kishimoto ever wrote, and they'll start serializing the Shippūden manga in the January '08 issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 3:55 pm 

Dude there is no shame in only reading Shonen. For the most part I find shojo boring derivitive and an over all waste of time. That's why I read them to get myself to fall asleep at nigh.

Just remembered another one for recommendation. Ruroini Kenshin, if you thought the anime series was good that manga is even better. Though Still not as good as Samurai X trust and Betrayal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2007, 11:59 pm 
Major Contributor

I usually read what I like from Shonen (currently just Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh) and skip over what I'm not interested in. I'd collect Oh My Goddess (as Dark Horse has reprinted some of the older volumes), but I cant get out to the local book store to get it.