Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dislike the banner
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 8:10 pm 

I really don't like the banner, i'm sorry to put it like that, but it just doesn't have the same animetric feeling as it did before.
I think it should be changed to something diferent than an elf... some funny picture would be great. Something along the lines of azumanga daioh, or school rumble, lighthearted and funny. Or at least pleasant to the eyes, the elf looks so pale, lifeless, distracting, and it doesn't seem to encourage posting in my case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 9:29 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well, I don't exactly disagree that it could be better, and smaller as well. It's just something I threw together to have up there rather than nothing. It will change as soon as I get into the modifying of the sites layout, which will start as soon as I get finished with all the other stuff I am having to do right now.

Since you dislike the banner though, you can always change your skin to subsilver in your profile. It isn't on that one. At least that would be a quick fix till I get it changed.

Maybe I can get Fresno to design one for me, since I am not good with this stuff :oops: He seems to be rather skilled at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 11:28 pm 

What we could do is hold a little contest for making the forum banner, and have the members vote on the best one =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 8:04 am 
Regular

Huh. I rather like the elf, actually. (Though maybe that's just because I have a thing for anime elf chicks :P)

I will agree that it's pretty large and quite eye-catching though; not the sort of thing you want when you're unobtrusively browsing the forum during work hours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 8:21 pm 
Lurker

The former banner for the old animetric forums, of Ayeka laid out in a swimsuit with a questionable blush forming across her face, wasn't much better when trying to remain inconspicuous at work.

This is an, erm, IT forum, so I can learn how to... fix the thing... with the boobs... >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 9:42 pm 

Hmmm I like the idea of a contest to see who designs the next Animetric banner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 10:42 pm 
Lurker

Kesshi wrote:
The former banner for the old animetric forums, of Ayeka laid out in a swimsuit with a questionable blush forming across her face, wasn't much better when trying to remain inconspicuous at work.

This is an, erm, IT forum, so I can learn how to... fix the thing... with the boobs... >.>

It could've been worse... Ro could've used the version of that picture without the swimsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 10:43 am 

First off I actually like the banner, but it goes away after I log in, don't like that.

Second, I can't believe nobodies pointed this out is the girl is not an elf. That's Lafiel from crest of the stars, she's a princess her ears only mean she belongs to the imperal family nothing more. Again she's not an elf.

Any way I like the opening pic with the girl, can't spell her name, in a swimsuit, and how would her being naked be worse? Maybe me a pervert but I don't think that would hurt anything. In short you shouldn't be on here when your working!

Lastly I like the contest idea, even if I won't be partisibating, you do not want to see my scripples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 3:01 pm 

The Adict wrote:
First off I actually like the banner, but it goes away after I log in, don't like that.

Second, I can't believe nobodies pointed this out is the girl is not an elf. That's Lafiel from crest of the stars, she's a princess her ears only mean she belongs to the imperal family nothing more. Again she's not an elf.

Any way I like the opening pic with the girl, can't spell her name, in a swimsuit, and how would her being naked be worse? Maybe me a pervert but I don't think that would hurt anything. In short you shouldn't be on here when your working!

Lastly I like the contest idea, even if I won't be partisibating, you do not want to see my scripples.

You can change the look of the board after you sign in by changing the skin of the board through your profile addict (look at the top of the page, and click on profile, then change the skin)

It's there, so if you like it you see it as much as you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 11:56 am 

Thanks for the advice, yeah me pain in the neck noob but thanks for the patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:00 pm 

Hey I'm open for a contest....I'm gonna have to watch my back from Spaz...he's also good...

Or you could use the animetric one I had at the beggining as a sig...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2007, 11:28 pm 

I would definitly see people make a new banner for the new animetric forums, because it does seem a little big for me, and we do have some artistic people on this board =) But it's all up to Aaron =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 8:18 pm 

I wouldn't mind either but like animedude said, it's up to Aaron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2007, 8:48 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I am looking into holding a contest. I first want to figure out exactly what I want, all the places I am looking at, (would like to update most of the banners across the site) and an appropriate prize. As soon as I figure out the details I will let you guys know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 10:09 am 
Newcomer

Whoa! Am I seeing things lately? :)

The banner image for Animetric forums really looked like Arcuied Brunestud.

Nice one I say. TYPE-MOON was said to be the best-selling ero-games in Japan last 2006 with Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night in their franchise.

And since this forum is all about anime and hentai appreciation, this should suit as it caters in-between.