Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 9:18 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!

lol, very true, which is more than I will be able to do at a party. (Unless someone seems to have the need for me to figure out the time value of their money :? )

Last edited by Acmurphy on August 10th, 2007, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 7:48 am 
Newcomer

I first joined the Ezboard, so I guess that makes me an OG'er too.

You might remember me as Drow.

Kind of nostalgic to be back. Time goes by so slow on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 8:30 am 
Resident Scholar

Dhaerow wrote:
You might remember me as Drow.

Oh, the great Dane... if I remember correctly... I had already missed you. What took ya? :D
I was digging through two or three search engines for "The Drow" a few weeks ago but I didn't find anything promising... good you're back on your own. Maybe we're lucky and Algernon intuitively does the same. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 9th, 2007, 11:20 pm 

I dunno my interest for forums went away with the old forum and came back with this one. Life has been busy the past two years so I didn't have much time.
Now, however I've found some time to spend doing my hobbies. I've even gone back into the Guild Wars world. I got Nightfall and I will be getting the extension pack Eye of the North too. Even if I play like twice a week and just a couple of hours it's still an awesome game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 10th, 2007, 3:14 am 
Regular

wolfwood wrote:
I dunno my interest for forums went away with the old forum and came back with this one. Life has been busy the past two years so I didn't have much time.
Now, however I've found some time to spend doing my hobbies. I've even gone back into the Guild Wars world. I got Nightfall and I will be getting the extension pack Eye of the North too. Even if I play like twice a week and just a couple of hours it's still an awesome game.

Hey, a fellow Guild Wars fan! :D I believe Acmurphy plays too.

I've pretty much done everything I wanted to do in Guild Wars, so right now I'm just saving up money and materials for the release of Eye of the North.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 12:37 pm 
Resident Scholar

I'm just curious... when the Animetric Discussion Board was being revived, how were the first members "drafted"?
Did they find according information on the main site during a usual visit or were they (excluding those summoned by me) contacted in a deliberate way? Acmurphy restarted the board on March 11th as it seems and within a week, there were twenty people on board, eight of whom I'd call regulars.

I have to admit I don't visit the main site too often because I use to get Anime information from ANN, so it was more of a coincidence that I took a look at Animetric, asking the new host whether there was going to be a message board again any time soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 1:50 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I'm just curious... when the Animetric Discussion Board was being revived, how were the first members "drafted"?
Did they find according information on the main site during a usual visit or were they (excluding those summoned by me) contacted in a deliberate way? Acmurphy restarted the board on March 11th as it seems and within a week, there were twenty people on board, eight of whom I'd call regulars.

I have to admit I don't visit the main site too often because I use to get Anime information from ANN, so it was more of a coincidence that I took a look at Animetric, asking the new host whether there was going to be a message board again any time soon.

Well since the forum closed down, I still checked the website about every month or so which is how I found out about it. I assume the ones who joined almost immediately were probably either contacted by e-mail or were guys like me who still checked the site once in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 8:47 pm 
Regular

spazmaster666 wrote:
Well since the forum closed down, I still checked the website about every month or so which is how I found out about it. I assume the ones who joined almost immediately were probably either contacted by e-mail or were guys like me who still checked the site once in a while.

That's how I found out about it. I still check Animetric once in a while, and I saw the notice about the site forum being reactivated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:19 pm 
Resident Admin

I didn't contact anyone when I first opened the forum. Sublyminal and Animedude had both e-mailed me when I first took over the site, which is how I got in contact with them to be reviewers. They may have contacted people about the forum opening, I am not sure. While the forum was started on the 11th, it didn't actually go public until the 13th.

Zaxares,

I do play GW a little. I am right at he end of Eye of the North. I mostly play it to keep in touch with my friend back home so we have something to actually do together. I did start playing when it first came out, but not very often. I have some odd 1.3 million experience and have played for around 250 hours over the past two years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:29 pm 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
I do play GW a little. I am right at he end of Eye of the North. I mostly play it to keep in touch with my friend back home so we have something to actually do together. I did start playing when it first came out, but not very often. I have some odd 1.3 million experience and have played for around 250 hours over the past two years.

250 hours only? :shock: You, um, probably don't want to know how many hours I've spent on Guild Wars. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 9:57 pm 
Resident Admin

lol, I have a friend that plays World of Warcraft for around 6-10 hours a day. He's been playing since it first came out and fairly hardcore for the entire time. I don't even know how many hours he has played for (He won't say) but it is undoubtedly in the thousands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:03 pm 

I was invited back to the boards by Fresno.

Zaxares, Arcmurphy, we ought to play together sometime.
I just checked on my character's age, it says I have played for 455 hours, that is crazy! I can't believe I have spent so much time playing Guild Wars. I think I started back in September 2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:40 pm 
Regular

My IGN (in-game name) in Guild Wars is "Zainol the Tainted". Add me to your Friends list and whisper me sometime. :D

When I last checked my time played, it was well over 3000 hours. :oops: I started around May 2005 and kept playing till now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 2:58 am 
Resident Admin

WOW, 3000 hours is no joke. You've spent more time playing Guild Wars in the past two and a half years than I have watching anime in the past 8 (I'm at about 2400 hours...) The amount of time people spend playing MMO's, in general, is nuts!

I am probably done playing GW as soon as I beat this last boss. I've grown tired of playing it, and very tired of being level 20...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 4:47 am 
Regular

It probably doesn't help that I have 5 different PvE characters, and I play them all a roughly equal amount of time. If I just had one character, I would have spent nowhere near that amount of time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next