Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:52 am 
Resident Scholar

Caiobrz wrote:
Someone who thinks that he can "learn" art and it's not a talent nor a gift is not even worth of a reply.

Chotto matte... anyone can learn to draw well, but that's not the same as art.
Art has something to do with more or less subtle expressions and leaving impressions, it makes you think (ideally) and that needs talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 2:30 pm 
Regular

I did mean real talent not your eventual "learn how to draw manga" that anyone can do.

You really think you can "learn" to get to be a Da Vinci or Picasso? can you "learn" to be a Mozart or Bethoveen? give me a break would you?

There are normal people, who can learn (even calygraphy!), and there are people with natural talent, who can draw with no prior experience. Calling them "dumb" is an offense that's not worth discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 13th, 2007, 11:07 pm 
Regular

As for your comment about the people who said, "it just looks nice," that does'nt mean anything. Many artists can't explain why they do something, as their way of thinking is genetically built in. A normal person might see an apple as an apple, but a talented chemist might see the atoms that form the fruit, a writer could see an entire universe, a painter could see a powerful symbol; but none of these people could tell you why they see it that way, as they've always thought of things that way (to use another analogy, try explaining sight to someone who was born blind).

Also, art is'nt truly about intelligence. You are correct in saying there is no right or wrong in art. But...science is merely a form of art. Scientists can sometimes be the greatest artists in the world as they can look at a long held belief and challenge it, trying to prove their own vision. Also, science is never completely right or wrong, each theory is just waiting to be challenged. For instance, a study done on children with Asperger's disorder showed that the children did NOT have "motoric clumsiness" even though the fourth volume of the DSM stated that people with Asperger's disorder did have clumsiness as a typical symptom. At one point the scientific community believed the sun orbited the world. A theory that a planet with similar characteristics to Earth that is only mere lightyears exists has been developed. Will it hold true?

Well, that was a terrible argument I just attempted. Feel free to rip it to shreds.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 6:20 am 

I'd say art is a relative term. Everybody has their own views on whether something is artistic or not. My art teachers back in year 11 totally abhorred HR Giger and stuff like that, while some people think they are totally awesome.

I might think Odin Sphere and its designs are one great piece of art, but you tell that to old coots who hang around art galleries and they'd look at you as if you came from another planet.

Art is just too vague a term.

Sometimes whether you are an artist or not also depends on how much bullshit you can spout about what you've done and how many gullible people believe in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 8:03 am 

I've said all I needed to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 9:46 am 
Major Contributor

What is intelligence? The top two results from Dictionary.com gives:

Quote:
1. capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
2. manifestation of a high mental capacity: He writes with intelligence and wit

Someone who can masterfully express their views or thoughts through art clearly is intelligent according to the second definition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 16th, 2007, 11:46 pm 

BTW.

Caiobrz wrote:
Someone who thinks that he can "learn" art and it's not a talent nor a gift is not even worth of a reply.

Art is dumb ... so artists are dumb, that's great.

You certainly fit my bill.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2