Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death Note the Live-action movies
PostPosted: November 10th, 2007, 2:10 am 
Regular

Although I have'nt seen them, I have read the plot and seen screenshots (the shinigami look awesome). They have a nice retelling of the story and take out some of the stuff that killed the manga for me (Mello, Near...pretty much everything after L's...you know). I've heard a lot of fans of the manga and anime prefer this version. Here's a link:

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/ (official site)

or, if you don't mind spoiling it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note_%28film%29

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 4:52 pm 

I never disliked the manga...I thought it was all great...and well...it is the original...so I tend to like it more than the other versions...

But I did see the first Death Note movie....and liked how they made the shinigami...but the movie wasnt that great....they sure changed a lot at the end of the movie...I also have the second around...I just keep forgetting to watch it...

So until I see how the second one ends...I'm not gonna say much...and I havent finished the anime series yet....got up to the point where
Spoiler
Kira was sent to jail and he releases his ownership of the notebook...which than makes him forget everything
and I heard the way the anime ends sucks...

Still....I loved the manga...the battle of wits was very interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 6:01 pm 
Regular

I thought the anime ended the same as the manga. I did like the manga (in fact I might buy all the volumes after a while), but Mello and Near were'nt all that great in my opinion.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 6:12 pm 

Ha yeah but they did play an important role...I hated Mello...but thanks to Mello many things happened....

And I have to finish the anime series to see for myself how it ends...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 6:19 pm 
Regular

I don't actually know how the anime ends, so it might be different.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject: Re: Death Note the Live-action movies
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 4:32 pm 

Watched the first live action Death Note. I am a big fan of both the anime and manga. Let me say, I loved this movie.

Normally movies that are from a different culture do not appeal to me. I have mentioned this before in other topics. This movie has greatly changed my feelings for foreign movies. The style of this movie was perfect and the story followed the manga pretty well. There is only one major change however and I thought it was a wonderful change. I am wondering if the manga author was involved because he seems like something he would think of.

The characters are true to the series as well. Mr. Yagami is taken straight from the anime/manga. The only character I had some problems with is Light. His personality is a bit different and his facial features and hair aren't what I would have chosen. By the end of the movie the actor grew on me. The investigation team matched their counterparts appearances well. I was also happy to see a female on the investigation team(was a total sausage fest in the A/M) The actor that played L was perfect. He had the exact same mannerisms and did a great job.

The story was great, and the only changes were done extremely well. The majority of the acting where spot on. The Shinigami were awesome. The designs were taken straight from the A/M and the digital effects were crack for the eyes. :lol2:

I am very interesting in watching the second and third(L's movie) movies.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2009, 8:16 pm 

I own and love both Death Note movies that have been released so far. If you are a fan of the anime and manga I will say this - the movie ends differently then the manga I just won't say how :P2: . I like the actors they got to play L and Misa, but not the actor for Light. All in all the movies were pretty good and I look forward to the third one.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2009, 2:26 am 

Watched the second Death Note movie today. It surprised me by being even better than the first movie. The story follows the general structure of the A/M and only deviates towards the end. The writers did a fantastic job of adapting this series to fill two live action movies.

The actor playing Light would not be my first choice for the character. The only reason I feel this way is because of the actor's appearance. His portrayal of Light was good, with the highlight being when Light changed sides. All the other actors look like they were lifted straight from the A/M.

The best part of the movie would easily be the ending. I recommend this not only to Death Note fans but to all movie fans. :d^_^b: