Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 1:14 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well I am now 25 hours in. Fighting group is indeed a bitch, and magic is pretty damn weak. While I find the license system in and of itself fine, it is way too small and does not adequately take into account each different profession and seems to want you to mix all your characters with the same specs. (Everyone has healing, black magic, very few helpful augments for fighters, etc.) I seem to spend a lot of my time in fights making sure my healer doesn't get killed right off the bat and the casting time/huge delay between casting is ridiculous. Would have been better if they would have allowed you to have 4 members in your party at all times. I'm also sad that I have yet to get a great sword, which I have been waiting for FOREVER now. Vaan is a completely useless character in this game and shouldn't have been in it entirely. I hate him, he has no purpose. He is just some 17 year old noob they allow to tag along for reasons unknown. I also find it annoying that every time I do a mist charge I have to watch every single attack movie, ugh. Oh well, it may be my least favorite so far, but it is still enjoyable to play through, for the most part. We will see how it turns out in the end...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 3:42 am 

I finished this game with nearly all my characters stuck at the first level of black magic. When used without type-advantage, the damage isn't that far off from a basic weapon attack (sometimes even weaker) and since it has cast time, I found that it wasn't worth the MP.

I finished this game with all my characters approx. level 51. Honestly, I breezed through the plot bosses pretty easy, except maybe the final boss when it gets pretty cheap (like Adict said). However, near end bounty marks were still really, really, really hard. I generally implemented a buff + normal attack strategy and never really bothered with the other stuff like offensive magic, Espers (esp. Espers) and Mist Knacks (although I completed all 3 Mist Knacks for each character since each Mist Knack after 1 gives another MP bar).

I sometimes wonder how the game would've been if I used offensive magic. But still, I don't think it would've been economical if I implemented offensive magic in my gambits and casted all the time, even if MP regenerated, and I certainly couldn't equip all my characters for magic use, and I doubt that, even if properly equipped, they would've surpassed their melee offensive capacity as some easy to acquire weapons gave easy 3-6 string combos.

Anyways, the International version that was released features several license boards. Idk how it's implemented particularly, though. You'll also actually spend most of the game as a four-membered party, with one character as a guest. The guest character doesn't level, however, so they become near useless at some point (and mostly, they do just basic attack; though the International version allows you to control them).

P.S. Adict, you seem to just spell words by the way they're pronounced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 9:44 pm 

Acmurphy, only 25 hours in, hhmmm I wonder how long it will be before he realizes that the only noticible difference that level makes in the game is the amount of hp your chacters have. And the great sword isn't avalible until nearly half way threw the game if I remember right.

As for the marks, from VI up they're harder then all the bosses in the main story combined. After the V's were nocked out I quiet hunting them. Not only do they give you little money, they are to hardy to kill and WAY to hard to find most of the time. I think my last one was the big black Dino thing outside the light house. My party was in their 60s and it still killed each of them in one hit each.

As for the actually story line bosses. Personally i maxed out every ones mists up to three and good at it and basically misted all of the bosses to death. Very short very effective, longest boss fight after I got everyone with one mist was the final boss, cuz he's cheap.

And Die yes, I spell words by how they sound most of the time. That is unless I know how to spell them. Again, my spoken vocabulary is quiet large, my correctly spelled written vocabulary is quiet small. Again sorry, but at least my grammar is getting better. I'll work on my spelling next, promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 10:08 pm 

^I'm guessing English isn't your native language?

You did an all-out Mist Knack in the final battles? How'd you last? There were, like, four successive bosses there. Didn't your Mist Cart run out? On another note, the Mist attacks were the gayest looking super attacks in any Final Fantasy. Compare Vaan's Mist Knacks to Squall's Leonheart or Cloud's Omnislash.

The game can be finished at around level 50; but the optional bosses need you to grind out to higher levels. This game really isn't that long, story-wise. You'll just be spending a lot of time walking and leveling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 11:29 am 

No English is my native tongue. Just i live with my grandmother most of my life and she has a realy bad acsent. Not to mention I live in an area with alot of different acsents and have sensitive ears, added to that i've never been very good at spelling.

True it was a four boss run. to be honest by then my characters were so high leveled I didn't have the time, they took out the bosses in two minute or less.

And yes the specials were cheese and stupid looking. I didn't like any of them. I've never played any FFs besides X at the time so I compared it to things like Grandia II and Shadow hearts II finals all of which were sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 4:28 pm 
Resident Admin

Well, I am now 45 hours in now. Over the last 20 hours not much has happened story wise, its mostly been me traveling around to different places to infiltrate Arcadia and now I am in some huge dungeon in Feywood. Things have gotten much easier with fighting, now that I have Curaja and can easily keep everyone healed since her mana is over 550. FINALLY got a great sword, or two :) for my main fighters and killing everything since then has been really easy for some reason. I have used a strategy guide when I get stuck, and I must say some of these things I do not know how someone would ever figure out on their own. Wait in a specific area for 5 minutes without moving for your enemy to appear. Turn the camera and look for the area to leave from that has grass rather than snow. Don't open 4 specific chests throughout the game so you can get the best spear in the game. This stuff is just ridiculous. At any rate, Vaan is still useless and I am nearing the end of the game so eh, probably should have just left him out of my party so that I didn't have to keep looking at him. BTW, it is stupid that your extra people don't get any residual XP from fighting when they aren't in the party. Makes them useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 6:16 pm 

Yeah, Van sucks. That's why I made my party Ashe, Panelo and Fran. If I have to play a game that sucks this bad I mine as well as have something nice to look at.

And yes some of the puzzles are (deep in hale) CCCCCHHHHHEEEEEAAAAPPPP!!!!! But to be frank I only solved the ones I had to to win and have never touched the game again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 7:59 pm 

Armaments get obsolete way too easy. You'll prolly find that each set will last you only a couple of dungeons. The next set will absolutely dwarf your present equipment, not only in attack power or defense; but other important stats like max HP. That's why this game pushes grinding and farming so much - which is ludicrous since this is a 1 player game.

If you thought Vaan sucks, wait until the ending; it's gonna be killer :D.

If you look around the net, this game hasn't took off as previous FFs. The characters don't even have their own personal pages in Wikipedia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 1:36 am 
Resident Admin

Dei wrote:
If you thought Vaan sucks, wait until the ending; it's gonna be killer :D.

I can't wait :D

Dei wrote:
If you look around the net, this game hasn't took off as previous FFs. The characters don't even have their own personal pages in Wikipedia.

Well, that is certainly telling concerning the fan response to the game, though all the main reviewers seemed to rate it very highly...

And ya, I really shouldn't have used him, that was a mistake. Another thing I dislike is that when you level you only gain HP and Mana, all your other stats stay the same until you upgrade your armor, bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 9:38 pm 

Yep, that is the part I hate most. Mean leveling up should do more then increase Hp and Mp. To make matter worse you don't even need the best armor and weapons for the end of the game to still be ridiculously easy. I beat it with the second best, because I couldn't find the best and I still beat it rather easily. Well besides that super cheap invincible mode the end boss goes. Even then it wasn't that hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 7:43 am 
Resident Admin

Well, I am nearing the end of the game now. I'll save my final thoughts till then, but I can't wait to see what Vaan does at the end, I just know it is going to be great! (Looks like it is going to have take me a little over 50 hours to beat it and I'm at level 55 currently, enemies are really easy right now...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2007, 8:08 am 

I finished the game at 51.

You're gonna be flooded with enemies at the final dungeon, so get to the destination point ASAP. 4 successive bosses. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2007, 11:45 am 

Yep, 4 bosses in a row, and no save points and no reward for finishing the game.

I'm sorry but I am really getting irritated at Square Enix, with the exception of FFX-2 give you nothing for beating the game, which SUCKS! Mean 7-8 years ago that would have been okay but it's not anymore! Atleast give us a video theater so he can watch the cutscenes to your RPGs so I don't have to play threw the entire 60 hours to review the story!

This is why I like Xenosaga and Shadow Hearts franchise as well as many PS2 gen games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 4:32 am 

The Adict wrote:
Yep, 4 bosses in a row, and no save points and no reward for finishing the game.

I don't really mind the no-reward RPGs - hell, I prefer one-run RPGs. It's just that XII was so unsatisfying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 18th, 2007, 11:46 pm 
Resident Admin

Well I finished Final Fantasy XII. It really wasn't tough to beat the end of the game, especially since we all just had shop bought equipment. The ending was alright I guess, I mean it was an ending, but since I didn't care about really anyone in it, whatever they did wasn't going to matter much to me. Vaan leaving Penelo behind at the end was hilarious and a really an odd way to end it. FF12 is my least favorite of the Final Fantasy games I have played, which include 4-12 and tactics. Hell, I think I even played the PS1 release of FF 1&2. (The US number system of FF games confuses me, I used to know how it worked, but have no idea anymore, 3 is 6, and... oh IDK!) Nevertheless, while I wouldn't say that it "sucked" I would say that it was pretty much average as games go, with characters I couldn't have cared less about.

At the end of the walkthrough I was using , the writer of it said, "And that finishes the best FF game since FF6." That had my roommate and I on the floor laughing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next