Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 138  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 13th, 2007, 6:19 pm 
Lurker

just saw an ep of Bleach. it looks really good, so i might look into that one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 14th, 2007, 11:46 pm 
Lurker

I just finished up watching Black Lagoon last week. I guess I'm a minority when it comes to the series since I really enjoyed the first season and I wasn't a huge fan of The Second Barrage. I actually wrote a big blog post about it. My main problem with the second season was that they really took the emphasis off of the Lagoon Company and instead put more attention on other groups like Hotel Moscow and The Church of Violence. While those groups are cool in their own right, I don't really think they can stand up to watching Revy beasted on people. I'm not saying that The Second Barrage was by any means bad, but I was really disappointed with it after watching the first season.

That aside, I'm currently in the midst of watching Tenjou Tenge. I've seen the first 12 episodes and it's been pretty good. Nothing amazing in the story, but it's not like I've been expecting that, either. The fights have been pretty well done and I hear it gets better. I've heard bad things about the end (or lack thereof) but I guess I'll find out for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 15th, 2007, 6:08 pm 

Just got done watching Mahoromatic both series, a good franchise but again an ending that just killed the series. I'm really getting irritated with series that are truly great wonderful series and just get ruined by their ending. Mean the last episode take place TWENTY YEARS after the rest of the series concluded. Mean I could see a few months or even years so they wouldn't have to waste most of the episode of the after effects which they did anyway but TWENTY YEARS!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!

Over then that it's a great harem/romance/comedy/ anime with great jokes, both dirty and other wise. the animation is a little dated now but still good. The voice acting was excellently done. And the character designs got you caring about the characters. I suggest people pick it up if they got the money, just be warned the last episode ruins the series completely

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 8:21 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Strawberry Panic!

No comments so far because I just seen the first episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2007, 2:47 pm 

Murder Princess. I kinda went... blargh when I saw BEE TRAIN in the OP. And well the fight scenes and pacing all feels rather dodgy, like it did in Tsubasa Chronicle. And I'm not too fond of the rather random forced together plot so I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

Then theres Nanoha StrikerS which I'm following, since I'm a Nanoha fan, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. And I'll be checking out Shining Tears X Wind. I always wanted to try the game(only because Tony Taka did the art though :P) but kinda got turned off by the bad gameplay reviews and stuff so maybe this anime adaptation? Sequel? Sidestory? No frickin idea. Maybe its just a plain old adaptation, maybe its something else but I'm checking it out anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:48 pm 

Finished Chrono Crusade...I reallyed despised how it ended...damn them!!!

Naruto Movie 1...I saw the second before this one...and loved this one more..

And Macross Zero ep.1...a friend wanted me to see this one...nice animation and such....but still have to see the rest before giving an opinion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 12:53 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Fresnokila wrote:
Finished Chrono Crusade...I reallyed despised how it ended...damn them!!!

And Macross Zero ep.1...a friend wanted me to see this one...nice animation and such....but still have to see the rest before giving an opinion...

lol ya, the end of Chrono Crusade isn't very happy, but they almost had to end it that way with all the build up they had throughout the series with her using up her life and such.

You will have to tell me how Macross Zero is, I have been thinking about watching it for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it, as per usual...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 7:05 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
lol ya, the end of Chrono Crusade isn't very happy, but they almost had to end it that way with all the build up they had throughout the series with her using up her life and such.

Well, considering the heavy religious overtones of Chrono Crusade, the ending can actually be considered to be a happy one. After all, isn't the central teaching of Christianity that the good shall be rewarded by eternal Paradise after death? Now, the ending doesn't explicitly state that that's what happened, but Remington himself suggests that Rosette would have gone to a better place. Chrono's fate is less clear, unfortunately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 21st, 2007, 1:58 pm 

The anime ending was kinda all boggled up with the whole Rosette=Jesus or something nonsense after the carnival... where the manga has an epic sky battle with demon armies and a super church battleship thingy..... and Joshua is actually sane in the manga instead of being downs syndrome stricken in the anime.
Basically if you liked the series enough and hate the ending enough, check the manga, which has a somewhat bittersweet ending that makes your tears pour.

Shining Tears X Wind feels like a sequel to the Shining Tears game which I haven't played and its rather dodgy so I'm not too sure what to think about it.

I tried Murder Princess Episode 1 but.... well.... its like BEE-TRAIN and the fights are reminiscent of those in Tsubasa Chronicle. Namely.... rather crap. So I'm not sure about continuing on this, the overall concept feels rather dodgy too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 10:39 am 

Yeah, after the whole revelations at the carnival Chrono Crusade gets really confusing. I think the ending was okay, the thing that bugged me most about the series and ever anime series using demons is that angels and demons are pretty much the same thing except one does what god tells them to and the other are evil bastards for various reasons. So tenchically Chrono isn't a demon anymore he's an angle since he's doing god's will. Whcih should mean they both end up in heaven. This mix up happens a lot most likely because unlike the west most eastern countries do not catoragize things upon their good/evil factor, rather something is just part of species and whether its good or bad depends solely on that indivigual.

yes I know I misspelled alot of thing there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2007, 8:20 pm 
Regular

The Adict wrote:
Yeah, after the whole revelations at the carnival Chrono Crusade gets really confusing. I think the ending was okay, the thing that bugged me most about the series and ever anime series using demons is that angels and demons are pretty much the same thing except one does what god tells them to and the other are evil bastards for various reasons. So tenchically Chrono isn't a demon anymore he's an angle since he's doing god's will. Whcih should mean they both end up in heaven. This mix up happens a lot most likely because unlike the west most eastern countries do not catoragize things upon their good/evil factor, rather something is just part of species and whether its good or bad depends solely on that indivigual.

yes I know I misspelled alot of thing there.

Whenever you try to mix in real life religious mythology into entertainment media, you're bound to get some discrepancies. :P Christian lore states that the devils were all angels at one point, before they followed Lucifer out of Heaven and became fallen angels. Chrono Crusade tries to follow this, but they've gone a step further and claimed that the majority of the devils were content under the status quo (to live in Pandemonium and tempt the innocent to become evil). In contrast, Aion and his followers (of which Chrono was originally one) intended to overthrow the entire system and supplant God. Many of the other devils opposed this, which is why they call Aion the Betrayer.

Chrono Crusade doesn't speculate on how new devils are created, or if there is a fixed number of devils who were all fallen angels. If this is the case, then Chrono himself is a former angel and could, possibly, be redeemed by his actions.

It's also unfortunate that we never actually see an angel in the anime series, so we can't get a good comparison between the two sides. Yes, I know that Remington is an angel in disguise, but he never assumes his true form, so we can't compare the differences between angels and devils.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 3:37 am 

In the manga......

Remington isn't even an angel. He's a person with legion infused in him so and requires constant maintenance and stuff to live. Augmentations designed to combat demons on a closer level. So he's alot older than he looks.

And in the manga its hinted that demons are actually... ALIENS!!

I miss the yellow colouring of the text.

Basically I'm not gonna think too much of the anime ending since... its something Gonzo pulled out of their ass on the last moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 11:53 am 

Yeah, Geneon and gonzo used to be the best of the best, mean I'd pick them knowing that it was almost a certainty that it was going to be an awsome series. Now they have really really gone down hill to the point were they're just standard studios. It's so sad. But that what happens when you try to come out with an anime based on a manga before the manga has finished its run and end up having to second guess the orginal aurthors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 24th, 2007, 11:25 pm 

Checking an omake in the manga, it turns out that the anime and manga were supposed to end at around the same time. Maybe Moriyama got sidetracked and got a bit slow.... but I'm sure Gonzo had enough material to come up with a better ending than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2007, 6:48 pm 
Newcomer

I just started watching Ergo Proxy a few days ago and let me say this right now...ITS FREAKING AWESOME. I just finished episode 12 last night and the story is really starting to piece together. A lot of things are still a mystery though but its definitely getting better with each episode I watch so far. Its given me one of the most interesting moods i think i've ever had next to what i felt at the very end of End of Evangelion (cuz the state earth's environment had been completely trashed by 3rd impact). I really enjoy the over all desolate feeling of the world in this series...

It has a very "end of the world as we know it" feel to it. Almost it's like a mixture of half life 2 and the matrix for some reason. Though the series is neither like both story and character wise. I suppose its the state of the world the characters are living in that gives me that similar feeling. The matrix cuz the skies were dark and the planet was cold, very similar to how it is in Ergo Proxy, and half life 2 because of the odd way all their technology reminds me of some of the stuff you encounter in the game. There is also this revolutionary feeling too that would back the half life 2 feeling more.

Albeit these are weak connections and you shouldn't try and link the universes stories together. If anyone can understand the feeling you get from the atmosphere of those other two universes (more so with the matrix) maybe you can understand what I'm talking about cuz I'm just now realizing that everything i just wrote down probably doesn't make a lick of sense to everyone else lol. Oh well...

On a side note Ergo Proxy has excellent music and over all i highly recommend it to everyone out there.

edit: oops i forgot to highlight my spoilerz about evangelion ><

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 138  Next