Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2007, 6:02 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Spaz your right about the how very few being able to us Sharigun. Still for Itcha to be able to wipe out the entire clan without even getting a scratch? That's completely unrealistic, some one would have gotten lucky enough to at least bruise him.

Well obviously Itachi had the element of surprise since no one in the clan would expect him to attack his own people. Also, he was the only one who had Mangekyou.

The Adict wrote:
As for Jiriara, is he strong, obvious as you said he did survive a bout with Naruto in four tail fox mode. Still he's also old, he's in his mid to late 50s meaning he propably doesn't have the Chakra reserves of someone younger.

Well, its true Jiraiya may not have as much stamina as he did when he was younger but there has to be a reason he was given the title of Sannin. And I don't think its just because of his Frog jutsu or rasengan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 12:18 pm 

Yes but Itachi still can only us the Mangekyou twice before depleting his chakra. And true it was a surprise attack but still. A clans a lot of people someone wouldh ave at least managed to land a bruise on the guy. Trust me when I say that no matter how good you are if you go up against a hundred or more people even if you have super powers you are going to end up getting hit at least once.

Or here's another thought. Maybe there is something about it that we don't know yet. Like maybe they thought of Itachi as an exicutioner. I don't know just the what the nine tails has said about them bugs me. Mean to have Chakra more evil then the nine tails, what did they do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 11:06 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Yes but Itachi still can only us the Mangekyou twice before depleting his chakra. And true it was a surprise attack but still. A clans a lot of people someone wouldh ave at least managed to land a bruise on the guy. Trust me when I say that no matter how good you are if you go up against a hundred or more people even if you have super powers you are going to end up getting hit at least once.

But many of those people where probably people like Sasuke who probably lacked significant fighting skills. I bet there weren't that many in the clan that actually had fighting skills that was close to Itachi's ability. And given his speed, it's not hard to see that he wouldn't even need to use Mangekyou to finish off mid-level opponents.

The Adict wrote:
Or here's another thought. Maybe there is something about it that we don't know yet. Like maybe they thought of Itachi as an exicutioner. I don't know just the what the nine tails has said about them bugs me. Mean to have Chakra more evil then the nine tails, what did they do?

Well that's something for Kishi to explain as the story progresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2007, 12:15 am 
Regular

You know, I'm starting to think that there's going to be a whole other set of villains after Akatsuki. Their motivations and goals just seem...off. I personally think there's someone who's pulling their strings.

Note: I'm basing this on nothing. I just thought it was weird that we would learn about Pain, the supposed (supposed being the key word) leader of the akatsuki, so quickly. Not to mention, there seems to be too many plot threads to wrap up in this arc (for example: Tobi and Kabuto).

BTW: I'm really glad they finally said eh ruth about the Fourth. I had suspected it from volume 1, but it's nice to finally have it said.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 2:09 am 
Major Contributor

Well it seems unlikely that a organization like Akatsuki would be run by a group of renegade Shinobi. They would need large amounts of funding and likely financial backers, especially if their plan is global domination. So it would make sense that there would be higher-ups involved. At this point, we also don't know what Tobi's role is exactly. We don't even know if he's actually stronger than Pain (since as Tobi has said, Pain has never lost a battle.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 11:18 am 

Actaully it's been hinted at that there is someone pulling Akatsuki's stings. And the truth of the Fourth was finally revealed, hope somebody put it on Wiki for those of us that can't read Japanese.

Also as for the whole Pain never losing. I would love it if somebody actually used the other meaning of the phraze. Besides the obvious undefeated, that being they tied with someone. That would be an interesting twist.

But yeah there probably is going to be a bady after Akatsuki, Naruto is too popular to let die just yet.

Here's something else that I've never been able to figure out. I get that people of the village hate the nine tailed fox. I do. But given the status that Tsunada and Konhamaru as the grandkids of Hohakage that despite Naruto being one son gets none of that. Mean even Gara got some respect as the Kazikaga's kid. Maybe I'm dumb but the whole we hate this rather likable cheerful kid that the son of our hero because he contains the demon that nearly destroyed the village but shows none of its traits, well some of them, thing just doesn't make sense to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 12:02 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Here's something else that I've never been able to figure out. I get that people of the village hate the nine tailed fox. I do. But given the status that Tsunada and Konhamaru as the grandkids of Hohakage that despite Naruto being one son gets none of that. Mean even Gaara got some respect as the Kazikaga's kid. Maybe I'm dumb but the whole we hate this rather likable cheerful kid that the son of our hero because he contains the demon that nearly destroyed the village but shows none of its traits, well some of them, thing just doesn't make sense to me.

Well no one other than a few of the more elderly people such as Tsunade and Jiraiya knew that Naruto was Yondaime's son. Also the people of the sand village only started to respect and revere Gaara after his personality change. Just as the people of Konoha don't seem to hate Naruto anymore. Also let's not forget that the Sand village purposefully acquired and sealed Shukaku inside of Gaara (and previous hosts) to give them an advantage over other villages. With Konoha, this is not the case. Konoha was attacked by the Nine tails and had no choice but to seal it away, whereas the shinobi of the sand sealed Shukaku purposefully inside of Gaara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2007, 12:46 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
But yeah there probably is going to be a bady after Akatsuki, Naruto is too popular to let die just yet.

I don't see Naruto dying without becoming Hokage. That's his whole montra at this point in the American broadcast/publication: his #1 goal in life is to become Hokage.

The Adict wrote:
Here's something else that I've never been able to figure out. I get that people of the village hate the nine tailed fox. I do. But given the status that Tsunada and Konhamaru as the grandkids of Hohakage that despite Naruto being one son gets none of that. Mean even Gara got some respect as the Kazikaga's kid. Maybe I'm dumb but the whole we hate this rather likable cheerful kid that the son of our hero because he contains the demon that nearly destroyed the village but shows none of its traits, well some of them, thing just doesn't make sense to me.

They hate him because has the nine taled-fox sealed within him. There have been people early on like Mizuki (who put Naruto up to stealing the scroll that first taught him the shadow clone jutsu) and Konohamaru's tutor Ebisu who look at Naruto and are only able to see the nine-taled fox. I admit I'm probably just generalizing things here, but my opinion is that the village's hatred for Naruto is because of nothing more than the prejudice I'm talking about here. They only see the demon within Naruto, and not the cheerful prankster with a lofty dream he really is.

As for Gaara: That's not respect, that's fear of the sand spirit. Naruto was able to see this when they fought at the end of the invasion of Konoha arc, and being able to relate to that by growing up with the same fear from others is what set him off on that rant that I think turned Gaara around during their battle.

If it was common knowledge that it was the Fourth that fathered Naruto, it wouldn't just now be coming out in Japan. It clearly isn't common knowledge, but I really don't think it would have mattered. What I mean about Naruto relating to Gaara is that Naruto was able to reason out for himself that Gaara was treated the same way growing up as Naruto was. Worse, if we bear in mind the flashback of the attempt Gaara's uncle made on his life. I don't think it was any secret that Gaara was the Fourth Kazekage's son, and that fact didn't make any difference. I can't see how it wouldn't have been the same for Naruto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2007, 12:48 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
And the truth of the Fourth was finally revealed, hope somebody put it on Wiki for those of us that can't read Japanese.

It has. It's only between reading this thread and checking Wiki to verify it that I know about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2007, 3:54 pm 

Yeah I noticed Shgarland, been there checked. Also thanks for reasoning it out better to me.

Also when I say Naruto was to popular to let die is was talking about the series, not the character. Mena they kill the character they kill the series. I forsee DB franchise like lay out for Naruto, meaning it will keep going until it's a complete pile of garbage. Then it will end only to revived a few years later with a second sequal series that attempts to recreate the magic of the series and fails miserably.

Or they will go with the Yu yu Hakasho approach that though they pump out a massive series still end it before it completely runs out of steam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 7:31 am 
Major Contributor

Well the latest chapter once again raises the question as to why Pain is working for Tobi, considering he posses the Rinnegan, supposedly the most powerful of all three eye jutsu (more powerful than Sharingan or Byakugan) Of course, this makes things worse for Jiraiya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 12:23 pm 

EEWWW tell me more, how can they make something cheaper then the Sharingan? Maybe combining the Byakugan and Sharingan abilities that would be cool. Still I can't wait until someone figures out the weakness of the eye jutsus.

Okay this is just my theory so it may not be true but all those eyes jutsus enhanse sight, which mean the users eyes are ultra sensitive. Thus a flash bomb would be double effictive against them. Or another oppition is to have have hundreds, if not thousands of enemies moving wildly about them throw needles and such randomly while making loud noises and such. While the user maybe able to see them all, that doesn't mean their mind could process all the information. In other words use their enhanced senses against them, causing they're brain to shut down from to much information coming in. But that's just a theory of mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 1:01 pm 
Regular

Okay, this Rinnegan thing is stupid in my opinion. I think the author must be out of ideas.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 11:43 am 

Please explain the Rinnegan to me!

And yeah he probably is, its hard to keep coming up with fresh ideas and keep thing consistant after writting a storey for so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 12:43 pm 
Regular

The Adict wrote:
Please explain the Rinnegan to me!

It's another eye technique that is supposed to be superior to the Sharingan and the Byakuga (feels like something a gary stu would have in a fanfiction, IMO).

Dr. Insane-o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next