Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Full Metal Alchemist
PostPosted: September 8th, 2007, 3:39 pm 

I figured a thread was in order for this great series. I had read a lot of the chapters before but recently I decided to go back and reread it just because it is such a good series.

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 9:12 am 
Major Contributor

Yeah I definitely enjoyed the manga more than the TV series, which I thought got a little too dark in the latter half of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 12:18 pm 

I enjoy both but I was really surprised at how different the anime is from the manga. I mean it is completely different.

I am reading chapter 63 now. How many chapters are out as of now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2007, 11:35 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
I enjoy both but I was really surprised at how different the anime is from the manga. I mean it is completely different.

I am reading chapter 63 now. How many chapters are out as of now?

Chapter 75 just came out recently.

And yeah, I also started reading the manga after finishing the TV series and was pleasantly surprised how different the manga is. I can't complain though since I definitely prefer the manga storyline as opposed to the TV storyline. Not to fault the anime series, but the manga is definitely more along the lines of shounen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2007, 1:01 am 

Yes, the manga is becoming better and better. I mean the story is constantly evolving and it all fits with the pace very well. I mean I like the anime but the manga is just so much more enjoyable.

I am on chapter 67 now and I am trying to spread out my reading because I can not find any other manga that is this good. Any suggestions on a good manga that can match the greatness of FMA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2007, 9:59 am 

Um guys isn't that the most anime are? The manga they're based off of being better then the anime, especially the endings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 14th, 2007, 11:19 am 

Yeah pretty much. I mean, I don't remember many anime being better than the manga is was based off of. I think FLCL was a better anime, but thats about the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 15th, 2007, 9:05 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
Um guys isn't that the most anime are? The manga they're based off of being better then the anime, especially the endings?

Well usually the reason for this is that the anime often has to come up with its own original stories or plotlines if the manga and anime are both ongoing. So usually in the anime version we get filler episodes and completely original episodes that are often not nearly as good or coherent as the manga, which has no need for fillers. A good example of this would be Naruto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 16th, 2007, 12:35 pm 

Yes I know that. Just saying no duh. Trying to make a joke. Sadly most anime Series end up starting about when the manga they're based off of are half way threw and catch up before the manga finishes. This means fillers or the anime writers and directors making their own ending. ANother good example is Hellsing, Elfin Lied and a few others.

The ony anime I usually find better then the orginal manga are action series, like Yuyu Hakasho and Dragon Bal Z.

Post subject: Re: Full Metal Alchemist
PostPosted: June 14th, 2010, 7:37 pm 

Great Manga!!! After reading through the final chapter I can say that the manga carries a very good and positive message. The plot was well thought out. The characters were original and well developed though there were so many of them that not all got enough panel time... :sweat:
Anyways, I'm glad I read this series, it is highly entertaining and memorable and as a I said before the message is a good one.
I recommend it!