Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 1:30 pm 
Regular

lol yeah I was not trying to get into philosophy, just saying I think good things come to an end, and trying to change them into "bigger" would just wreck it, so I think leaving a "good" anime small as 12 eps is better than having it dissected into a worst title with 24 =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 1:23 pm 

I only partially agree with that. There are lot of sort series that only last 4-13 episodes. Elfen Lied, Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team, Happy Lesson, Samurai X Trust and Betrayal and so on. However there are also quiet a few series that are longer or got sequals and extentions that made the series better. Such as Yu Yu hakasho 181 eps, Gundam Wing 52 eps and one movie, Eureka Seven 50 ep, Crest of the Stars two sequals, and so on. You could easily make an arguement for either way.

Though I do have to agree most sequals suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 10:02 am 

Another over looked series I just found was Honiukyo Maid Team. It's really very good but because it's a geneon title didn't get anywhere near the attention it deserves. What is Geneon's problem mean you almost never hear about their titles even though they have a boat load of excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 7:00 pm 
Newcomer

42317 wrote:
Kesshi wrote:
I loved REC so much! So upset that there wasn't more of it.

It might be better this way. If something is really great, it's best to stop right there. Let's take Linkin Park... had they disbanded after the first album they would have been gods. Instead they made a second album that sounded pretty much like the first and then had to make another one which they propagated as completely new in style or something. (I might be lacking information there.)
If you think a music band is a bad comparison, take Pokemon or InuYasha. Those would have made great series - if restricted to 52 episodes or so. Instead they drag along and bore people's socks off. 8)
A sequel hardly ever reaches the quality of the original, therefore I'm quite pleased that REC had a stop at its peak imho.

Linkin Park sucked to begin with (no offense)
however what you said about shows like Inuyasha for example ( a good show but....167 episodes! was that really necessary?) finishing on an open ending. Sequels are usually lame (best to end with a movie or OAV special instead for closure) I don't mind if a show has 100 or 200 or 300 episodes so long it has something consistent and important to the storyline (fillers suck). That's why the manga version is usually better than the anime version of a show (rarely the reversal)

shows like REC and FLCL are good examples of short and to the point. Great quality without bad quantity of episodes to waste people's time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 1:50 pm 

The only show that I've found that runs over a hundred episodes is Yu Yu Hakusho, all others fizzle out about 3/4 threw but just keep going because the writers won't just let it go out with a good ending before all the orginal fans stop carring. Inyuyasha was a decent series, but it doesn't have a god damn ending! Mean all of the plots main and otherwsie have yet to be completed! ARGGHHH!!!

This is why I typically Rumio Takahashi, the writer of Inu and Ronma 1/2, she is completely in capable of writing an even adaquate ending. Or at least that is my experience with the manga and anime of her's I've read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 1:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Oh! Edo Rocket is definitely a vastly overlooked anime. So far only one episode has been subbed, which is sad, (especially considering that no less than three groups are subbing series like Darker than Black). I've kept up with the raws, and though I certainly don't understand everything, just watching them has really impressed me. I just hope the fan subbers get their asses in gear and start subbing this fantastic series so that more people will be able to enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:23 pm 

I have another two series that tend to be over looked. I think.

One is Rumbling Hearts, easy the best shojoesic anime i have ever seen. It has great animation and an actually touching story. It starts out with your typical set up, cute girl has an unrequited crush on boy, she tells boy, they go out.
General storyline spoilers continue: [spoil]Then girl get into an accident and goes into a coma for three years. Boy moves on hooks up with girl's best friend and just when the two start to really move on girl wakes up with no clue of how much time has passed. This sends things into a tail spin.[/spoil]
And yes it is dark and stays that way :D :D I love that series. Yes I love dark tragedies so sue me.

Admin Edit: ACM => Do watch the spoilers Adict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:32 pm 
Regular

damn! you got me excited! then reading your write up i was telling myself this is too much like kimi ga nozomu eien... then i did a search. haha!

by the way, kgne is not overlooked at all... :)
you should also maybe put that explanation in a spoiler tag. when i watched it the first time i had no idea what the anime was about, and i was shocked at what happened.

what was the other series? you said you have another two.