Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 18th, 2017, 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: School Days: fanservice again, LAME!!!
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 4:23 pm 
Regular

so i finally started watching anime again! and i am a little disappointed, again...

school days:
i am enjoying the story line so far because it is f.cked up, just like in real life! but what is with all the fan service?! again!

talking to breasts

talking to panties

extremely suggestive shots

blatant panty shot!

actually the third shot was clever due to the dialogue, but the rest were really unnecessary. i feel like such a prude for pointing out these things that irk me... :(

though taken out of context and just reading the captions with the pictures, they are quite funny! HAHA

EDITED out lucky star:

so far, my coming back into the anime fold has been quite the letdown...

Last edited by dbd_addict on September 4th, 2007, 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 10:19 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Ugh, that reminds me of Eiken, which I just watched. Now I know fan service was the point of that one, but I got the same feeling you did. Women were talking and they would just be waving their asses in the camera. Even for a fanservice title it was ridiculous. (The title overall was horrible, but that's another story. I guess it was supposed to be a parody?... ya well, it failed if that is what it was going for). Blatant fanservice in a regular anime title is just going to take away from the experience. I mean, I am not anti-fanservice, but they have to do it at the right time. How bout a 30 second morning scene with the girl taking a shower and putting her clothes on? As opposed to all these shots of girls panties while people are having a conversation. It is not going to enlighten us in any way as to her reactions during the conversation. Oh I don't even know anymore. I do know that I am getting more and more sick of fanservice as it seems to be everywhere and becoming more and more prevalent.

I do agree that those shots with those captions are great :twisted:

As to you being letdown, you just gotta find the right shows that interest you. Feel free to use us for recommendations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 10:28 pm 
Post Master

You need to watch something with more blood and gore! It might get your mind off of the fanservice. I almost never see fanservice in the stuff I watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 10:40 pm 

Ironically, School Days was based off a fully animated GORY eroge. It gets bloody and gory in the bad endings where you fuck up. Like you mess with both girls but decide on one, so the other gets pissed and slashes the other girl's throat in your face in broad daylight and theres a close shot of her bleeding out of her neck. Then theres stuff like one jumping off a building and landing head first in front of you and I think there was one where they both decide to kill you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2007, 11:21 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Storm_Shinobi,

Well that certainly sounds... depressing :cry: I'm usually into happier things, or at least things that aren't as evil as that sounds :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:00 am 

Well the eroge has its own share of good and bad endings. So as long as you aren't a prick, you won't meet an end with a bloody mess. The anime probably just sticks to a mixture of good endings as its main story path I assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 7:13 am 

in a way though it is starting to get kinda entertaining to see how they're going to put in a another fan service scene nowdays :lol:

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:28 pm 
Regular

^ :(

Quote:
Now I know fan service was the point of that one, but I got the same feeling you did.
actually i did not. maybe that was a bit foolish of me since i knew it was taken from a game. though as Storm mentioned it was not exactly conventional. i watched the fan made episode awhile back and was hooked, but i do not remember there being any fanservice...

Quote:
How bout a 30 second morning scene with the girl taking a shower and putting her clothes on?
actually they have a few bath scenes, and other dressing scenes... bathing scenes are fine to me, but the dressing stuff is just too much. especially the angles used.

Quote:
It is not going to enlighten us in any way as to her reactions during the conversation. Oh I don't even know anymore. I do know that I am getting more and more sick of fanservice as it seems to be everywhere and becoming more and more prevalent.
i completely agree!

Quote:
You need to watch something with more blood and gore!
find me anime like blood+ and elfen lied... then i will watch it. no fighting anime where the main purpose is for the main character to "become stronger". :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:34 pm 

Okay, let me say first I LOVE FANSERVICE! Me dirty pervert in my last life. And yes it is indeed interesting on how they squeeze al that fanservice in. However as much as I love fanservice even I'm getting a little tired of it. Mean I can handle a little but they starting to over do it. The ammount that's in Outlaw Star is about my limit and most series have gone over and above that. Even I, who love pretty animation and love fan service, wish they would go back to focusing on story line rather then bras and panties. If I wanted to see so much of the female characters annatomy I would go read a Doujinshi, that's what they're there for. Or I would go pick up an echii/fanservice anime like Eiken and Ikki Tousen whose only purpose is to show as much skin as possible. But when I pick up a normal anime I want story not fnaservice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 3:52 pm 
Regular

well, in school days i like the story line. sure the main character is slightly obsessed with his perverted thoughts and antics, but the story still has my interest. the thing is that it is very easy for them to put fanservice in. it just requires the strange camera angles, as shown in my screen captures.

i know it is lame but i prefer the Kare Kano fills when they are in deep conversation. instead of using these upskirt shots and boob shots, they have shots of things around the character's setting. trees, shoes, hands, pencils, water faucets, etc...

i cannot remember how Kimi ga Nozomu Eien filled the shots, but that is how i expected School Days would be handled. it throws me off when they are talking about their feelings for someone and there is an ass or tits on screen... come on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 7:02 pm 
Post Master

Quote:
Quote:
You need to watch something with more blood and gore!
find me anime like blood+ and elfen lied... then i will watch it. no fighting anime where the main purpose is for the main character to "become stronger". :roll:

I haven't seen Blood+ yet so I do not know exactly what you want, but I know a few really good violent animes,

Akira
Cowboy Bebop (and the movie)
Ninja Scroll (movie, not TV)
Princess Mononoke
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 9:29 pm 

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Ironically, School Days was based off a fully animated GORY eroge. It gets bloody and gory in the bad endings where you fuck up. Like you mess with both girls but decide on one, so the other gets pissed and slashes the other girl's throat in your face in broad daylight and theres a close shot of her bleeding out of her neck. Then theres stuff like one jumping off a building and landing head first in front of you and I think there was one where they both decide to kill you.
:shock: That sounds messed up. I thought you were kidding at first... I'll never watch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 11:03 pm 
Regular

^ i had my hopes up for tragedy, but it has been so light hearted so far and all this crappy fanservice, that i think it is going to be happy endings... :(

thanks for your suggestions mmsven, but i would not call all of those bloody violent. maybe only ninja scroll and samurai x. i like your list, minus the borefest called akira and the talking hand movie. bloodlust sucked big time! now that i think about it, mononoke got a tad too lengthy with the ending beast and bebop was hyped too much for me and did not quite deliver.

i am surprised you did not include Berserk. that anime was splendid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 11:07 pm 
Post Master

dbd_addict wrote:
i am surprised you did not include Berserk. that anime was splendid!

My suggestions were anime that I have seen, and I haven't seen Berserk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 11:25 pm 
Regular

really? i am quite shocked, given your taste in anime. check it out, you will not be disappointed!

i can only hope that School Days will either drop the fanservice, or become a very dark anime, or better yet, BOTH!

this thread was supposed to be about my disappointing comeback to anime, but it has turned into a School Days thread. perhaps i will separate lucky star from this thread as i wanted to hear people's thoughts on that slice of life anime.