Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 9:42 pm 
Major Contributor

There's definitely enough material for another couple of seasons of FMP! Though from the pattern so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the next installment is a movie since A Dancing Very Merry Christmas (the book after End of Day by Day, which was the material used for TSR) seems a very good candidate for a holiday special or a feature film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 6:37 pm 
Lurker

awww, maybe Kaname and Sosuke will FINALLY kiss and get it over and done with!!! it has to happen eventually! it's like JD and Elliott in Scrubs, except that's slightly more up in the air at the moment! anyways, back on topic, i hope they make a third season (or fourth, if you count Fumoffu! :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 10:05 am 

Yeah, it would be nice if they kept Kaname and Sosuke relation is kept moving at a good pace. I hate when anime gets the two main charact's romantic relationship to a certain point, which is about where they now, and never move any futher. That frustrates me to no end. If you have nop intent of them telling each other how they feel and or kissing and more don't put the dang thing in there to begin with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 8th, 2007, 10:50 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
I hate when anime gets the two main charact's romantic relationship to a certain point, which is about where they now, and never move any futher. That frustrates me to no end.

I find it worse to have characters getting close, then something happens and they move away from each other, so they slowly close in again and when everything seems fine the next moment somebody says or does something stupid and the relationship is back to zero and so forth.
Do I really have to name examples? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 12:28 pm 

No, because that's the way EVERY anime is. It bugs me to, mean after so long you would thing the two people involved would learn to trust each other or at least hear the other person out before making a snap judgement. Mean they always think of the worst case scinerio, and it gets boring.

Another pet peeve is when the two people obviously like/love each other but won't admit it ever or until the very end of the series. Ala Inuyasha and Kagoma and countless others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 5:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
(Quote and comment above...) that's the way EVERY anime is.

Don't get carried away. :D
What's the problematic romantic relationship in "Cowboy Bebop"?
In "Paranoia Agent"?
In "Azumanga Daiô"?
In "Hare nochi Guu"?
In "Record of Lodoss War"?
In "SailorMoon" (which is about relationships)?
Want more? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 11th, 2007, 8:37 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
What's the problematic romantic relationship in "Cowboy Bebop"?

Faye and Spike? (Even if it WAS kinda one-sided.)

42317 wrote:
In "Paranoia Agent"?

Ummm... That cop and his daughter? (Don't want to give TOO much away...)

42317 wrote:

Deedlit and Parn. (Oh, for pity's sake just SLEEP WITH EACH OTHER already!)

42317 wrote:

I seem to recall there being a rather convoluted relationship between Serena and Tuxedo Mask that dragged on till the end of the first season. I haven't watched the other seasons though, so I can't comment on what might have happened after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 5:23 pm 
Resident Scholar

Quote:
in "Cowboy Bebop"?
In "Paranoia Agent"?
(...)

I did not see any kind of close relationship develop in Cowboy Bebop. Spike + Faye? Rather platonic in my eyes.
Spike was only after Julia, with whom he had a kind of clouded relationship (which during the series did not develop in any direction).

Paranoia Agent does not offer anything romantic. "Crooked Cop and Daughter" can be ignored, for the puke of it.

The relationship of Deedlit and Parn did develop, yes, but not in a way that they became close to romantic entanglement and then Parn would drink too much and feel her up and she would set the relationship to zero again or something like that (which would be the kind of zigzag development we're originally talking about).

SailorMoon does give us a scenario in which the female and the male lead roles are bonded to each other by fate spanning space and time and no whatsoever destructive actions by Mamoru could lead the audience to some kind of doubt about it - in "SailorMoon R" Mamoru broke up with Usagi saying he disliked weak girls, so Usagi struggles to become stronger, and in "SailorMoon S" I think it's like Mamoru having bad dreams about a voice telling him to seperate from Usagi because the relationship would cause some ill happenings, and in the end it was Prince Endymion (Mamoru himself in the future) who had done so to further strengthen their bond. But there is never a cloud of doubt about the outcome - ChibiUsa can't visit the 20th century if she isn't born due to, uh, certain patterns of behavior involving Mamoru and Usagi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 12th, 2007, 8:14 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
(which would be the kind of zigzag development we're originally talking about).

Ah. I thought you were simply talking about problematic romantic relationships. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 2:01 pm 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
Ah. I thought you were simply talking about problematic romantic relationships.

Oh, sorry. I meant "problematic relationships by definition of The Adict".
Now I hope I meant what he meant. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 8:35 pm 
Regular

rory_okane wrote:
awww, maybe Kaname and Sosuke will FINALLY kiss and get it over and done with!!! it has to happen eventually!

i do not get it. why is a kiss even necessary with those two? it is not like either of them have any other prospects. i think what they have is good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 8:21 am 
Resident Scholar

dbd_addict wrote:
rory_okane wrote:
Kaname and Sosuke

it is not like either of them have any other prospects.

They are not compatible to anyone else! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 11:40 am 

hmm I've been gone a few days so long post sorry.

First off in Cowboy Beebob I thought it was pretty clear in the last series that Faye and Spike had at least a minor, more one sided though. It's pretty obvious that Faye likes Spike.

42317 you don't want that list. But since I'm bored here's a few. Love Hina, Happy Lesson, Tenchi Muyo, Ah! My Goddess!, DNA2, Duel! Parallel World Adventures, Last Exile, Marian Successor Nadesco, Mermaid Forest, Inyu Yasha, Ranma 1/2, Orphen, Raphoxean and that's just the tip pf the ice berg. Yes I know a few of those a harem but the guys still has to chose one.

DBD addict, The only person that Sosuke could possibly end up with his Tessa, and as much as I love her I don't see that happening. Also no they don't HAVE to kiss but it would be nice if the kept things going.

I also feel that any couple has to go down pat that's so beaten it stone ruite. Where they meet, fight, fall for each other, pine, confess, kiss, angrue, kiss, repeat.
Case in point where a couple doesn't proclaim their love or kiss on screen, Kira and Lacus from Gundam Seed (yes I know most people hate the series) they do none of that but its pretty obvious what kind of relationship they have and is actually on of the good points in the series. At least to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 6:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Cowboy Beebob - It's pretty obvious that Faye likes Spike.

I don't think that's so obvious. I think what Faye likes about the situation is to belong to a group (like almost every human wants to), to have something that replaces her family. I don't think that she has an actual crush on Spike. Especially after he saved her from the cathedral her behavior would have shown more specific patterns, if that was the case. She does not show an enhanced sympathy for the hero, she does not display a form of intimate closeness which is usually shown in Anime after the hero saves the girl.

The Adict wrote:
Tenchi Muyo

I was careful not to include that one, because it can be discussed, more or less.
Tenchi is a passive hero, some Anime dictionaries even label him the prototype of the passive hero. Fact is, Tenchi never chooses a girl, therefore a zig-zag relationship does not come into being. Of course he has interactions with the girls, namely Aeka and Ryôko (the others can be ignored on that behalf), but they do not close in and then blast off, it's more like they orbit him, and if one comes close the other one will see to drive her off again. He does not make a choice, and only the third movie ("In Love 2") gives a hint that a decision was made by (one of the girls) to back off. Just a hint at the end, but it's there. I would not include "Tenchi Muyô" into the list of zig-zag relationships which you dislike. The frustration factor in Tenchi stems from his indecisiveness, not from a rollercoaster-like relationship.
Such Anime usually only have one serious girl for the protagonist.

The Adict wrote:
The only person that Sosuke could possibly end up with his Tessa

I oppose - on the grounds that Sôsuke is far too conscious of hierarchy, a side effect of military training.
She is his superior, that is burned in his mind, and that will block any approaches from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2007, 8:06 pm 

Tessa and Sousuke? Haaah?

No matter how I look at it, Tessa is destined to be the 'third person' that will end up heartbroken in the end. Sousuke's heart is with Chidori. He friggin flips out and punches his lap top through when he finds out he's been assigned elsewhere.... but then how that random re-assigning will make it end up is like.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next