Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2007, 11:26 am 
Newcomer

jumping in the thread here... Gotta make my first post somewhere <.<
>.>

EDIT: It is an illegal site, especially since it lists licensed episodes for free. People posting full episodes on YouTube is also illegal and one of the reasons YouTube is currently being sued (Though YouTube does try and take them down when they find them, which is why the site is allowed). Please do not post links to sites hosting full episodes of copyrighted material, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 8:24 pm 
Lurker

there's an introductions thread for that! :P personally, i use eBay, though now i'm more wary of it since i was sold a bootleg of FMA ( iwas mislead into believing it was the real deal). chucked it in the bin. was not pleased. but as Acmurphy has pointed out, ebay is good (plenty of good Perfect Collections on there!), as long as you know what you're doing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 12:42 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
I doubled mine within a year by buying online. . . .. . Okay now I sound like a spokes person for online shopping. :oops:

Well I certainly do buy anime online. It's just that sometimes, I want to just want to go out and get it so I can go home and pop it in immediately. This is especially applicable to movie releases which I can probably get at Fry's at about the same price as Amazon.com.

Also DVDs are only cheaper online if you're talking about box sets or other collections. And those usually don't come out until several months after all the individual discs have been released. Sometimes I can wait that long. Sometimes I just buy the discs individually. It just depends on the series, and on whether or not I have a pressing desire to watch it on DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 9:34 pm 

True, but seeing I usually can get my local library to pick up the movies for free and thus usually buy the box set. The only time I waste the money to buy individual discs are when it's a series I just can't what a year or more to see. Example Ah! My Goddess! and Full Metal Panic The Second Raid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 10:47 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
True, but seeing I usually can get my local library to pick up the movies for free and thus usually buy the box set. The only time I waste the money to buy individual discs are when it's a series I just can't what a year or more to see. Example Ah! My Goddess! and Full Metal Panic The Second Raid.

Don't you ever get like an impulse though? Like you just have to get a game or DVD and play or watch it right away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2007, 6:35 pm 

Yes I do, trust me I do. About that time I force myself to leave the store. Me stingy I have less then $50 a month of free money that doesn't go to bills so I have to budget big time. So I have to keep a strangle hold on my impulses.