Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 8:04 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Especially near the end of (Evangelion) which basically degenerated into angst mixed with some pseudo-philosophical nonsense.

I never thought about it this way, but I guess you're right.
Still it was a terrible kind of fun to watch. :D

The Adict wrote:
Ummm 42317, why is everyone treating me like a noob to anime all of a sudden?

That's your imagination.
Remember that this is a message board, which means that more people other than the two of us are reading it. If we were alone in a bar in El Paso I would say less. But I want other readers to get the picture, and I'm sure there are less experienced people who just read.

The Adict wrote:
I've seen more anime then you

Are you trying to impress me by showing off?
You disappoint me. I didn't think you were that childish. :(

Acmurphy wrote:
I knew someone was gonna pull out the old "mines bigger than yours" at some point.

Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 2:06 pm 

I'm not pulling mine is bigger or better then yours or show off, just everybody that day seemed to be treating me like i'd only seen fifty or less series that's all, and I decided to take address it in this thread. Sorry geesh, I'll go crawl back in my hole. I need sicking tounge out smilely, I'm joking. I'm sorry everbody took it that way. It just annoys me when people treat me like I'm nivee or inexperienced on subjects I have a good deal of knowledge on. But again I appologize to everbody that took it the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 12:49 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
As for Shin Seiki Evangelion I don't see how it was all over. Spaz you must have watched it after you already understood the stuff it was talking about. For me I didn't find it unfocused, I think for the level of complexity the series handles at the end there is no other way to do it. I think you have to 'know' a dozen truths to 'understand' one truth. Butto each his own.

Well I didn't watch the TV series until pretty late in my "anime watching career" so I guess that's partially true but when I actually watched the series while I consider it a solid action/sci-fi/mecha series, none of the themes or the so called "deep" aspects of the anime impressed me. I actually saw End of Evangelion before I saw the series (which is kinda strange I know) and found it to be more intellectually interesting than the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 1:40 am 

I'd list Bebop here. I mean while it was a nice watch and a good ride.... it wasn't like the best shit ever like some people make it out to be. And while I'm at it, I'd put Trigun on the list. Trigun seriously wasn't that good I found.... above average but really not all that. I prefered Grenadier actually, and not because of the boobs.

While I'm at it I'd probably just add Noir..... I wonder if I mentioned it here before. But I sure remember bitching about it in other threads.

Last edited by Storm_Shinobi on July 19th, 2007, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 11:11 am 

Umm Storm Shinobi I don't know if I should commend your guts or not. Trigun while true is not as a lot of the hype makes it out to be, it would need a better endingthen it had. As for Bebop I thought it was one of the best still do but I can understand how some might not think so. Given the mostly episodic plot, the vague ending and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 3:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I prefered Grenadier actually, and not because of the boobs.

One of the club board members suggested we show "Grenadier" in our Anime club and I said "Only over my dead body!" because that booby reload principle was so ridiculous. The female members agreed and it was rejected. There's Anime that I would show publicly, there's Anime I would only watch at home with a friend or so, and there's Anime that I wouldn't watch at all, and "Grenadier" is one of those. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 12:05 am 

If you get past the ridiculousness of the boob size and the ridiculousness of boob reloading.... its actually a pretty fun show. Firing 6 bullets in a row so they all hit the back of each other and thus increase penetration to a whole new level.......... I mean whut?! Even Vash doesn't pull this crazy shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 9:23 am 

Storm Shinobi Because I'm dum who the heck are the people fighting in your sig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 10:00 am 

Saber and Assassin fighting in Fate/Stay Night. Unfortunately, even the few good fights doesn't stop the show from being totally inconsistent and overall not all that great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 12:23 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Unfortunately, even the few good fights doesn't stop the show from being totally inconsistent and overall not all that great.

Yeah I had a lot of trouble finishing the series. It took me several sittings to actually watch the last few episodes. :? Which is a shame since the series could have been a lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 8:52 am 

I'll probably just as Gundam SEED isn't as bad as some people make it out to be..... Gundam Zeta isn't as great as what some people make it out to be. No matter how some might justify it, if I was bored as shit going through all 50 episodes ( D: D: D: ), then it really isn't all that great.

And well.... a lot of people seem to like Shakugan no Shana. Quite a lot. And in my opinion, it was only so and so. Damn lolicons? I wish they stuck the character art style closer to that of Noizi Ito, the guy who did the novel illustrations. Which I felt were better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2007, 9:34 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
And well.... a lot of people seem to like Shakugan no Shana. Quite a lot. And in my opinion, it was only so and so. Damn lolicons? I wish they stuck the character art style closer to that of Noizi Ito, the guy who did the novel illustrations. Which I felt were better.

I dunno, I did enjoy it even though it is kind of a Bleach rip-off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 2:27 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Firing 6 bullets in a row so they all hit the back of each other and thus increase penetration to a whole new level...

That does not work, that's bad movie physics, I'd say.
If you put ten people behind one another in a row in front of a wall and let them push the front man's back, the wall will not come tumbling down, because the single energy units do not combine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 7:54 pm 

Well the point was, it was utterly bloody ridiculous and sometimes, that just makes the show fun to watch. Its not like over the top kung fu shows make any goddamn sense either. And I'm sure there isn't any physics behind Vash's super energy gun.

Well setting that aside, its not like people can ever push a goddamn brick wall down. Bullets can go through armour however. And if we say the first bullet busts the armour a bit, then the 2nd bullet hits the back of the 1st bullet, which causes the first bullet to push further and hence bust the armour some more, and then you bring that up to 6......

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 9:58 pm 

I never thought as Noir as one of the legendaries. Is that something i can put in my sig now :mrgreen:

I have to agree with Trigun, it is good, but its not really a legendary series in my mind. Cowboy Bebop, in my experience at least, is. the interesting thing I found with Bebop was that it was a good look through but that was it. didn't really get anything more out of it. then I happened to watch it again a few years later and i found that it sort of grew on me.

I think that true legendary series are the ones that you can watch again and again, or that you can watch once, not think much about it, pick it up later and get a better experience from it, a better emotional output from it. that is why Neon Genesis Evangelion is in my opinion, a legendary series and trigun is not. NGE will get you riled up, you'll hardly ever find someone who thinks NGE is just "okey", they are either going to proclaim it as the greatest piece of animation of all time or say that its the biggest piece of filth since god decided that we had to eat and leave the remains from the other end.

Trigun on the other hand will forever get an Okey from me because it never really riled me up, not the first time, nor the third time I watched it. felt sad and all that but in the end, it didn't last.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next