Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2007, 11:08 am 

Dei wrote:
-_- Just a fan.

This is getting ugly. Ya'll should continue this in e-mail or PM. But since it's public anyway, let be butt and say:

Content with the relative maturity the new staff is taking this so far. Hope you guys don't fold to the pressure.

PS. You should give Elfen Lied due credit. It ain't it's fault that it could not satisfy your appetite.

Nah, you don't have to worry about us folding under pressure. We're all pretty new to doing reviews and such. I'm not going anywhere.

Perhaps, I was a bit hard on Elfen Lied but being one of the hardest anime fans to please. I felt that due to the way it ended and the shortness of the series that, all it deserved was a 4 1/2.

Ro... my fiance is a Libra I agree 100% Libra are really OC about everything... you have no idea how much she gets onto me about my grammar. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2007, 9:34 pm 
Newcomer

There's a lot of running gags (Sakaki with the cats and Chiyo-chan’s father scenarios) that some people may get tired of them.

Removing the text in parenthesis and keeping the original text:

There's a lot of running gags that some people may get tired of them.

The pronoun "them" seems a bit out of place, no?

Remove the text in parenthesis and a few minor corrections (with my style of writing ^^):

There are many running gags that some people may get tired of
<Add a comma to continue your point, or, depending on what you want to say, add a conjunction as well.

Another reason is that the pace of the series might be a little too slow for some people.
This is so out of place in that paragraph. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 12:50 am 

Mobius3x wrote:
There's a lot of running gags (Sakaki with the cats and Chiyo-chan’s father scenarios) that some people may get tired of them.

Removing the text in parenthesis and keeping the original text:

There's a lot of running gags that some people may get tired of them.

The pronoun "them" seems a bit out of place, no?

Remove the text in parenthesis and a few minor corrections (with my style of writing ^^):

There are many running gags that some people may get tired of
<Add a comma to continue your point, or, depending on what you want to say, add a conjunction as well.

Another reason is that the pace of the series might be a little too slow for some people.
This is so out of place in that paragraph. XD

Thanks for your input, I'll try not to use the parenthesis...at least as little as possible =)

Again, I'm new to this, but hopefully the reviews get better as I get more under my belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 5:13 am 
Regular

Maybe we should appoint an editor for the reviews before they get posted up on the forum. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 6:51 am 

Zaxares wrote:
Maybe we should appoint an editor for the reviews before they get posted up on the forum. :wink:

Thats what Aaron is for... lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 7:33 am 

You should set up a "Review Corrections" forum where people can report grammatical errors. Stress grammatical errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 1:38 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Dei wrote:
You should set up a "Review Corrections" forum where people can report grammatical errors. Stress grammatical errors.

Probably going to do something like that. Maybe a sticky in each of the Review discussion areas to post errors or something like that.

Zaxares wrote:
Maybe we should appoint an editor for the reviews before they get posted up on the forum. Wink

Well that would be me, but I am looking for someone who can read over the reviews that's better at this stuff than I am. We will just have to see how that pans out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 12th, 2007, 11:53 am 
Newcomer

Did someone change the topic heading of this topic? I'm sure it was called something different because of the message that I was trying to put out. Either that or my mind is messing with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 6:43 am 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
My only bone to pick is that Elfen Lied only got 4.5 star rating when they couldn't find anything wrong with it. :x :evil:

Personally I think the English dubbing is horrible. Most of the girls sound the same, and this is a bad thing because they sound unreallistic and it is not pleasant to the ears. And Yuka really pisses me off with her stupidity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 13th, 2007, 12:30 pm 
Newcomer

I'm actually slightly disturbed right now. Someone seems to have changed the subject name of my topic.

No.. I'm not slightly disturbed. I'm actually quite pissed off. And for some reason no one has yet to tell me a reason for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2007, 6:15 am 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:

I usually catch my own mistakes before others do . . . ;) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm 
Newcomer

Spammaster, maybe you could explain to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 2:41 am 
Major Contributor

Mobius3x wrote:
Spammaster, maybe you could explain to me.

I always submit updated versions of my reviews, if necessary, pretty soon after they are up. Catching mistakes in a word processor isn't quite the same as catching mistakes when reading it on the site. (i.e. it's much easier to catch errors when it posted up on the site neatly and formatted)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 2:24 pm 
Resident Scholar

... and it's still unknown who changed the topic line... although the circle of potential manipulators is not that big... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 19th, 2007, 4:35 pm 
Newcomer

I'm just saying that it's a bit annoying. I'm more irritated that no one has told me who did it, or why they did it. I mean, I didn't see anything wrong with the original title. And, if I could, I wish for it to go back to its original state.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next