Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 20th, 2017, 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Art Thread EX
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 3:27 am 

Well there was an old Art Thread in the old Animetric, although I'm not sure if any of the artists besides myself have returned.

At any rate, here goes an image spam and text spam of my latest creation-
Earth Defender Gothloli Miori

The story? Aliens are attacking Earth and we all don’t know it. Theres battles in space and its all hidden from the public. Our defense isn’t perfect and occasionally some aliens break through. And they attack Japan, because they invented Mobile Suits, Super Robots and most of the stuff up in space hindering the aliens.

Enter the final defense! A high tech battlesuit infused with nanotechnology! Increases all parameters of human limits and lets you fly and has energy shielding and is more fubar than Master Chief’s Mjolnir. This battlesuit was developed on the moon and was going to be transported down to Earth as the final line of defense, but the facility was infiltrated. Everybody was killed. The professor who created the suit, to protect the suit…. transformed it into…. a gothic lolita dress.

So now he’s dead, the suit is recovered and only people with the correct measurements can wear it and they have no idea how the hell to fix it. Enter Miori. The person in Japan with the lolita measurements…. with the highest mental maturity. High School Student. 1st Year. Stunted growth for some reason or another. Either way, the secret organization like the Illuminati who organizes all this anti-alien stuff and hides it from everybody…. gets her, or rather forces her to be Japan’s final line of defense in case of alien breach of the space defensive layer. And they tried to get a bunch of 9-10 year olds to do it, but got beaten up by their mums. Scary mums.

And thus begins her adventure as a not so magical girl, flying around, defending the world. The battlesuit is extremely durable, lets her fly, protects her from all kinds of harm and increases her strength extraordinarily. Its like The Tuxedo, but more rigged. Equipped with a Gatling Gun which fires two bullets at once, with dual ammo belts, supported by verniers and anti-grav technology to make it virtually recoilless. And the ammo belts come out from under her skirt, which is a teleportation gate to an armoury. And so are her sleeves. And of course she has a melee weapon, an oversized vernier propelled ZANKAN-…… vibroblade. And she has a target painter for missiles, which she can request to be teleported out from under her skirt. And to round it up she has a High Energy Sniper Cannon and that Mega Bazooka Launcher thingy. And she has to put up with this until they redevelop a new Battlesuit. And she has a support AI which is some retarded robot cat head thingy that can transform into an MP3 player. And in battle, it transforms into a headset and allows communication to headquarters and armoury. And of course it provides her with tactical data and backup. And she has a Danish Instructor. And a British Commander with slicked back blonde hair and sunglasses.

Aliens have advanced biotechnology and often just.... grow their weapons in tanks and send strange monstrosities towards the Earth.

Initial designs.

Final Design. For now anyway.

Current weapons. Blade, Sniper, Sword, Rocket Lance and Target Painter.
Beam Sniper is powered by a fuel rod that can be launched out as an explosive shot. Power varies on charge left, which would be like a frag grenade to a tank shot.

Sword is a less powerful more versatile version of the Blade.

Rocket Lance is for getting through the toughest armours and Rocket Anchoring.

Target Painter is for missile strikes. She can ask the Armoury for missiles to be launched out of her skirt and sleeves and she uses the target painter to direct them towards their target.

Ultimate Weapon.

Weapons not drawn individually yet would be her 20mm High Explosive Gatling Gun. And another weapon currently planned is a 7.62mm Single Handed Gatling Gun + Beam Rifle. Two in One.

And perhaps, all of humanity finally figure out whats going on from the rapid alien drops and Miori has to have a public image as a hero so she has to embark on a Magical Girl Anime marathon to learn the poses.

Will I ever make a comic out of this? Who knows.
http://depleted.wordpress.com
More random creations at my blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 8:13 am 
Lurker

holy mother of Jehosephat! that stuff's good!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 7:18 pm 

Hmmm, there should be an art section on the forums i'll talk to Aaron about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 8:10 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
While I have no problem with making an art section or with this thread, you are going to need to resize your images. You should not cause people to have to scroll sideways to view them, as per Rule 5. Just resize them to fit in the given area. Thanks.

Nice work though :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 8:23 pm 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Trinity Blood meets Erementar Gerad?

That girl looks like a girl from Erementar Gerad and her outfit designs just like I saw in Trinity Blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 16th, 2007, 10:01 pm 
Lurker

It never fails that I go into the Art thread and my Photobucket account decides that I am in no way good enough to have my album loaded. :evil: Go figure...

Regardless, I figured I would share my breakout, newbish debut in the world of digital art with my first avatar for the forum over at Shoryuken. I started off with the sprite of Cable from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 seen below:

From that, I made the following avatar with GIMP:

It's nothing fancy, but overall I'm pretty pleased with it for my first try. I actually re-colored the sprite by hand, which was a pain but I like the way it turned out. The background was just a simple gradient and my name was just a default font that I outlined in white (which is why it looks kind of wonky.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2007, 2:11 am 
Major Contributor

HAHAHAHA. Time for me to post some of my artworks, most of them are old. :lol: (those of you who were here in the last version of this forum will probably have already seen these)

Image Image Image Image Image

If I ever get the motivation to do some more artwork, I'll post up newer stuff . . . ;)

Post subject: Re: The Art Thread EX
PostPosted: May 14th, 2007, 7:26 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Earth Defender Gothloli Miori

A minigun loli? Cool, man, just cool...
The weapon design is really interesting... it kinda looks more appealing to me than the girl since I'm not into gothic lolita and stuff, too strange for me. But, hey, I like guns and tanks and all thinks that make a loud "BOOM!!" or several medium loud similar noises in quick repetition. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 7:30 am 
Lurker

I'll post some stuff in a little while. I go to an art school now so... yeah. I've changed a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 8:22 am 
Major Contributor

xx0xNEiTHx0xx wrote:
I'll post some stuff in a little while. I go to an art school now so... yeah. I've changed a bit.

Good for you. Which school are you going to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 2:41 pm 
Lurker

spazmaster666 wrote:
xx0xNEiTHx0xx wrote:

Good for you. Which school are you going to?

I go to Art Institute in San Francisco (where I live). It's funny because I don't really get to draw what I want a lot of the times, but it's helping me out a crapload. Anyway....

Here's just a few scraps here and there.:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49209035

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55287190

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55566516

And here's a few sketches from just a few days ago. These will probably be colored:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56911604

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56911761

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56912084

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56912186

Last edited by xx0xNEiTHx0xx on January 1st, 2008, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 3:08 pm 
Major Contributor

xx0xNEiTHx0xx wrote:
I go to Art Institute in San Francisco (where I live). It's funny because I don't really get to draw what I want a lot of the times, but it's helping me out a crapload. Anyway....

Some good sketches there Neith. You have something I have always lacked: originality. As good as I am at drawing from reference, I always hit a road block when I need to draw something original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 4:48 pm 

You guys all have something I lack.....drawning skills, creativity, and originality =/

Good work Neith and Spaz =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 2:27 am 

Haha, Neith you're back.

I'll take a look when I'm running on free wireless internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 9:14 pm 
Lurker

I've been working on some contest entry for a while now, here it is:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61450037/