Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138
 Post subject: Re: What Are You Watching Now?
PostPosted: June 4th, 2012, 3:44 am 
Post Master

Holy shit Black Butler is fucking TERRIBLE. All of the characters are bad, and the plot made no fucking sense almost immediately. Since when does someone at the top of a wealthy family go out to play detective for the queen? Why does a little bitch like the main character bother going out to get injured every time when he does none of the work? And then there's the most idiotic plot twist I've ever seen in episode 5, that was all of this shit that I could take.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2012, 5:53 pm 

Hmm its been a long time since I've posted here...and haven't seen any recent animes lately but have been rewatching some old ones I had around...

Kurau Phantom Memory... re-watched the whole series the other days and I only remembered bits and pieces here and there...so it almost felt new to me...
I enjoyed the series a lot and it can get sad at times...though it's weird the main protagonist looked mostly like a man ha...even friends who sat down while I was watching asked me "wait...thats a woman?"
Just in case here's a brief description of the anime:
Quote:
In the year 2100, Dr. Amami is a scientist working in the field of alternative energy, who at the beginning of the series is on the verge of a major breakthrough in the area of "Rynax energy". His daughter Kurau accompanies him to the lab on her twelfth birthday, where an experiment goes horribly wrong and she is struck by a bolt of this energy, which knocks her unconscious.
When she wakes up again, it is found that her body has been taken over by two Rynax, who are actually sentient life forms and not just a form of energy. However, one of the Rynax is too weak to awaken. The awakened Rynax takes on Kurau's name and identity, and though her newfound superhuman abilities make her a subject of interest for scientists, Kurau manages to live a relatively normal life. Ten years later, the second Rynax awakens and emerges as a twelve-year-old girl, whom Kurau names Christmas. The two look and interact very much like sisters.

Also re-watched some anime movies like Jin-Roh, Millennium Actress...but I assume almost everyone has seen those...

And at the moment watching Darker than Black which I have had for some time but never sat down to watch it...just seen around 6 eps and don't like the main character much for now ha...but we'll see after a few more eps what I think :shifty:

Edit:Oh I also finally got my hands on the first Berserk movie...so I'm trying to find subtitles that match well before watching it...hopefully I'll be posting soon what I thought about it

Double Edit?:Well saw the Berserk movie...and boy do they cut corners...I surely hope they flesh out Guts past better than that crappy flashback it had...I kind of expected a lot of scenes or dialogue which wasn't present and I thought was important...and hell seeing how short it was they could have added them in easily...
Still I loved it ha...especially the animation and it ended well (even had a preview of the next movie)...but makes me wonder...I enjoyed it because I have read all the manga up-to its latest chaps so anything that would be left out I already know...meaning I or anyone who knows about Berserk can follow the movie easily but what about those who know nothing?
Tomorrow I'll test with my brother

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm 

I also watched the first Berserk movie. I loved the animation and music. It did feel rushed, and just as you said, Fresno, I didn't mind much because I know the story well. But i supposed it wouldn't be as fulfilling to someone who had not read the manga or watched the series previously.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2012, 3:56 am 

wolfwood wrote:
I also watched the first Berserk movie. I loved the animation and music. It did feel rushed, and just as you said, Fresno, I didn't mind much because I know the story well. But i supposed it wouldn't be as fulfilling to someone who had not read the manga or watched the series previously.

Still haven't tested with my brother haha...he only saw the anime series not the manga so he was left wanting more...

The second movie does look much better and I have read its much better...I wonder when we'll be seeing it around here :gatsu:

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 6:30 am 

I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Enjoyed the first season, really glad I gave this a go even if the first 10-12 episodes were basically repeats.

King Bradley is a total bad ass.

(and, I'm overdue for my yearly pop in. See ya in 2013)

PostPosted: September 28th, 2012, 11:09 am 

Watched Lain. Not sure what I just watched. Not a fan of this sorta cryptic hubbub. Gonna pretend I never watched it.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2012, 2:15 pm 
Major Contributor

Don't know if this counts but i watched Resident Evil Damnation. The design was a huge step up from Degeneration and the voice actor switching was invisible to this untrained ear.

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm 

G-Core wrote:
Don't know if this counts but i watched Resident Evil Damnation. The design was a huge step up from Degeneration and the voice actor switching was invisible to this untrained ear.

Also saw that movie though I preferred the first movie in terms of design as you say..this one felt more loose...but still it was good action..its like the first movie represented the good old Resident Evil games and this newer one represents its change of direction ever since Resident Evil 4...
And I hate how they keep changing their appearances from game to game..movie to movie..hell Ada has looked different in each one instead of maintaining just one familiar face...its more like she only maintains one familiar set of clothing...

Still RE is my fav game series :d^_^b:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138