Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Pictures
PostPosted: October 30th, 2011, 2:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
Here's a picture of me deadlifting 235 pounds.

What's "deadlifting"?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2011, 2:31 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
What's "deadlifting"?

Basically, the barbell starts on the ground, and you bend down with knees bent to pick it up to your waist, like the proper way to pick up any heavy object. It's mainly a lower back/glutes/legs exercise and probably involves every other muscle in your body, which is why barbell exercises are better than machines and dumbbell exercises, and why they are the only events in powerlifting and olympic weightlifting. It takes a real man to do barbell exercises though since they are so dangerous.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 12:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:
Here's a picture of me deadlifting 235 pounds. I'm not having much trouble lifting this so I'm sure I'll be able to get up to around 280 pounds before stalling.

Impressive! If you continue to do that, you'll be able to go into the World's Strongest Man competition! :P Are you gonna go beyond 280 once you're able to do it with ease?

Which reminds me, I need to lift some weights sometime soon. Treadmill alone cannot shape a healthy body.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 2:57 pm 
Post Master

Gojira wrote:
Impressive! If you continue to do that, you'll be able to go into the World's Strongest Man competition! :P Are you gonna go beyond 280 once you're able to do it with ease?

Of course. Every time I successfully complete an exercise I add 5 pounds (10 pounds specifically for deadlift).

Gojira wrote:
Which reminds me, I need to lift some weights sometime soon. Treadmill alone cannot shape a healthy body.

The treadmill isn't very useful. It's painful, and only useful if you want to be a toothpick with no upper body strength.

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5- ... g-program/

There's the training regime I'm doing. It's only 3 days a week. If you're doing it, make sure you download the 5x5 report and master the technique of each exercise before you get to the higher weights. One tip I have for you is to always keep your back straight. Also make sure you're doing the full range of motion of every exercise, I too often see retards doing baby reps of weight they shouldn't be doing.

With this regime I've lost 24 pounds in a couple months, going from 216 to 192, while also gaining muscle, and my diet isn't even very good. I've gone from a tight 40 waist to a 36 waist. My goal is to lose enough weight to see my abs.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 12:55 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:
The treadmill isn't very useful. It's painful, and only useful if you want to be a toothpick with no upper body strength.

Well I did lose about 30-40 lbs when I used it often, but then again it didn't my gut any smaller which I would have to do other exercises to get some abs. Unfortunately, I've been so busy lately that I haven't got the time to do that. Typical lazy American excuse, yeah I know. -_-

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 4:58 am 
Post Master

My most recent facebook picture, but also my new avatar.

Spoiler
That's Kirara from InuYasha

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 2:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
My most recent facebook picture, but also my new avatar.

Could be in an ad for a laxative. :lol2:

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 1:38 am 

Mmsven wrote:
My most recent facebook picture, but also my new avatar.]
Hahaha. Great picture! That probably got you lots of comments on facebook.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 5:54 am 
Post Master

wolfwood wrote:
Hahaha. Great picture! That probably got you lots of comments on facebook.

None, really. I've been doing this for a long time so it's not surprising to anyone. I also only have 13 friends on Facebook because I don't add every single person I've met for 5 minutes and acquaintances that I don't really like. Who the fuck actually has 300 friends and how do they have enough time for them?

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 8:17 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I don't add every single person I've met for 5 minutes and acquaintances that I don't really like.

My thoughts exactly. I've drawn some bad comments and lots of misunderstandings that way, though. I'm a member of a German social network where I have received dozens of friend-requests mostly from people whom I had only known to exist. Like the mother of a person who went to the same kindergarten with me who aspired to add all of our village to her friends list. Or the older brother of a classmate with whom I have talked, like, a sentence or two - when I was six years old. And so on. Eventually I added a blog message to my front page where I stated that I would only accept friend-requests from people
- with whom I went to school,
- with whom I did military service,
- with whom I've had friendly relations of any kind,
- with whom I have worked professionally,
- to whom I am blood-related, and
- the spouses of such persons listed above,
and that I would allow anyone who liked to contact me so we could meet and talk a bit to get to know each other and stuff and then I could realistically decide whether I wanted that person as a friend or not. There's no point in adding people to a friends list whom you don't know at all, just because they live in the same area, have the same name or birthday, or share a hobby. I want quality, not quantity.

Ha, I remember that I once discussed (offline) friendships with other exchange students from every continent (except Antarctica) and I said I had about a dozen friends, meaning people whom I could ask for favors with a significantly high chance of getting it done (and who remember my birthday within a delay range of two weeks) while there were about another two dozen with whom I had a friendly relationship of sorts, and overall there were between 80 and 90 people whom I would send birthday greetings (who are not blood-related).
Then a (gorgeous) young woman from Thailand spoke up and said she had about a thousand friends (big online social networks were scarce in 2004). So I asked her: "There's a thousand people who know your name and recognize you when you walk by?" and she said yes. "And how many of them remember your birthday?" I inquired and she remained silent.
(The result was simply that different cultures define friendship differently which came as a surprise to many. My definition is very narrow.)

PostPosted: July 14th, 2012, 5:22 pm 

Really? I guess I'm guilty then, I have like 300+ friends on Facebook, all of them I've met and consider acquaintances, but as you said only a few are very close friends, however I do appreciate the lot, and I prefer to keep in contact with them!

PostPosted: August 19th, 2012, 8:26 am 
Resident Scholar

My cool self on the Autobahn. :D

Attachment:
20120815 Dominik.jpg
20120815 Dominik.jpg [ 169.43 KiB | Viewed 2722 times ]

PostPosted: August 21st, 2012, 8:43 pm 

You look a lot younger than in previous pictures, have you lost weight?

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2012, 7:26 am 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
You look a lot younger than in previous pictures, have you lost weight?

Previous pictures, hm... in this thread I can find one from August 2009, are there any more recent ones anywhere else? I can't remember.
But anyways, yes, since May 2011 I have lost about 20 pounds due to my demanding job.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 4:37 pm 

It is true you do look younger now...I only remember your avatar I think it was and your youtube videos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next