Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: The Anything Goes Thread . . .
PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm 
Post Master

Dumadam wrote:
That sounds fantastic Mmsven! We don't get many conventions here in the UK, and the only one I've been to was gaming related. While that was brilliant, I can't imagine how good an anime con would be. I hope you had a good time!

It was indeed a good time. There's also an annual gaming con a bus ride away for me but I'm glad I didn't waste my money this year. GottaCon is spread too thin with the focus being split in 5 different ways as you can see in the logo. The only type of gaming I'm interested in is video gaming, and for us the only thing at GottaCon is a bunch of tournaments I have no chance of winning because I lose interest in games before I'm championship material. The complete lack of panels isn't worth spending more than double the amount for entry compared to Tsukino, especially considering gaming cons are always sausage fests of fugly nerds.

The only gaming con I'm interested in going to is Pax Prime, which I might go to this year if I'm able to travel to Seattle when it comes around.

On a different note, I stopped taking my anti-depressants 2 weeks ago (more specifically, taking smaller portions until nothing at all a week ago). The reason I did this is because my life is in an acceptable state now, and it feels like all the pills do is make my brain feel blank and slow, which is no longer what I want. So far the only withdrawal symptom has been a small headache for half a day, and other than that it's only been good things, like the sexual side effects going away instantly, and increased charisma. I'm still taking my sedatives because I still don't think I can sleep without them. 1 down, 1 to go now anyway.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:38 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
the anime swimsuit contest

The WHAT!? :nose:
You're not telling me that a fraction these hot 60 % of visitors presented themselves on stage in swimsuits? :D

Mmsven wrote:
"The Room of Shame" (... didn't include screenings of crappy hentai...)

What did it include then?

Mmsven wrote:
I ended up buying a Death Note Ryuk plush

I didn't expect you to have a faible for things like plushes. :mrgreen:

Mmsven wrote:
the original Vampire Hunter D soundtrack

That should be old... I just cannot remember a bit of it.

Mmsven wrote:
the Chrono Trigger CD was disappointing, because it was arranged by a really jazzy jazz band and that couldn't be further from my taste in music.

I agree on that. I like Blues but Jazz just isn't for me.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:53 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
The WHAT!? :nose:
You're not telling me that a fraction these hot 60 % of visitors presented themselves on stage in swimsuits? :D

Yes well, more like 4 girls came up on stage in 2 piece bikinis and 3 of them were incredibly beautiful. There was a good reason for why it was a 18+ panel, as obviously there was a chance of a "slip" and the judges didn't feel like staying PG13 in their language. Nor did I, since I yelled "fuck yeah" more than once. The competition included a first included an unveiling where the girls could take off their coats or whatever and show all the glory underneath, then a "talent show" type section where the girls did some singing or dancing, and then a Q&A with the judges and audience. The judges were pretty good, and their first question was always to demonstrate their favorite sexual act/position with a rubber chicken.

Quote:
What did it include then?

It was pretty much a thorough analysis about everything in Erotic Doujinshi mainly. It was very educational. Thankfully there was a "hand check" every 10 minutes to make sure no one was jacking off. Not that I wouldn't mind if a girl was doing it next to me :oops:

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 2:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
4 girls came up on stage in 2 piece bikinis and 3 of them were incredibly beautiful.
(...) their first question was always to demonstrate their favorite sexual act/position with a rubber chicken.

Holy cow... I suppose taking pictures was prohibited? :D

Quote:
Thankfully there was a "hand check" every 10 minutes

Really? Some kind of marshal walked about and checked on people???
Gee, I dunno whether to laugh or cry. :sweat:
("He walks by every ten minutes."
"Enough for me. And now keep an eye on him."
)
:lol:

PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 10:13 pm 
Post Master

There's this site called MALgraph, which takes all the information from any MAL.net profile and now presents some information about anyone's tastes in anime. It previously only generated a graph of your rating distribution, but now it's much cooler. Here's mine and Aaron's pages:

http://mal.oko.im/Mmsven
http://mal.oko.im/NosferatuGatsu

PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 5:24 am 
Post Master

The bacon sundae from Burger King is getting a lot of attention, but what really matters is that 7 Eleven recently released the maple bacon donut.

Tasted good. I like that these places are adding some needed spice to their traditional lineup of blandness.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2012, 11:13 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:

Doesn't look like a thing I'd eat on a voluntary basis. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41