Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not to sound rude...
PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm 
Newcomer

Hi people, I'm kind of new here. I know the website owner (who does a very fine job by the way) has had trouble with new reviews, but something else is bugging me. Doesn't this forum seem kind of dead? I mean I posted my first (extremely rubbish post) a few days ago and have checked every day since, yet there's been less than 3 posts since. Is it normally like this or have I stumbled here at a bad time?

Thanks if you reply! ^_^

Post subject: Re: Not to sound rude...
PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 6:04 pm 
Post Master

Dumadam wrote:
Hi people, I'm kind of new here. I know the website owner (who does a very fine job by the way) has had trouble with new reviews, but something else is bugging me. Doesn't this forum seem kind of dead? I mean I posted my first (extremely rubbish post) a few days ago and have checked every day since, yet there's been less than 3 posts since. Is it normally like this or have I stumbled here at a bad time?

Thanks if you reply! ^_^

It's been slow for a long time now. The forum has been losing members but not gaining any new ones. Over the years we've already talked about anything worth talking about, and our lives just aren't interesting enough to keep long conversations going.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 3:02 pm 
Resident Scholar

Dumadam wrote:
Is it normally like this or have I stumbled here at a bad time?

We-hell... it seems that the main page has lots of visitors, and the ever growing number of requests in the "Identifying Hentai Titles" thread gives anyone an idea what the average visitor is solely interested in. The message board, however, doesn't draw permanent followers, which is a real pity to say the least, because I have here conversed with a number of sensible and intelligent people with a good range of interesting points of view and I will always be thankful for the experience.
One reason for sure is that today there is a message board for any kind of matters shitty and prescious, another reason is that Anime message boards of better-known websites amass a following more easily. Sorry, this is not ANN, but in a message board kind of sense it's my home. Facebook is drawing lots of attention and is eroding the foundation of "classic" forums just by its very concept. Last but not least, and I fear this is a major point, the fact alone that Animetric is sorta sleepy is also by itself deterring people. A person who is looking for a message board to participate in wants to share and verify opinions and a board that produces five replies per week doesn't exactly make an inviting impression, despite the half-way-logic of the thought. If people dare stay and have a little patience, the growing number of active members alone might draw more attention and contributors.

Therefore, if you have a little time, the will, and the intellectual capabilities to contribute in a constructive and civil manner, please feel welcome to join us.

Mmsven wrote:
The forum has been losing members but not gaining any new ones. (...) our lives just aren't interesting enough to keep long conversations going.

:lol: Our lives are probably no less interesting than back in 2004 but still it was a lively place until BRS-admin Ro gave up the place for strange reasons, and that in a pretty sudden manner. Anyways, I don't think that our personal lives play a great role in this slump, although the challenges of a life as a working adult might limit the time you can spend with a thing like this. But we had working individuals on the board, like cjed, and if I remember correctly a member called Seraphic Feather or Seraphim-something even said she had a handicapped child and was still online several times a week.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2012, 5:58 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Dumadam wrote:

Thanks if you reply! ^_^

Hey Dumadam! First let me thank you for your kind comments. I have had difficultly finding time to write reviews or people who can write for the site in my stead (couple of decent candidates both fell through, including the writer of the Noir review who disappeared after that). Hopefully either I or someone will be able to start getting the actual site updated more often at some point.

As for the forum, yes it is sort of dead at the moment. It's never been terribly lively since I first got it back up and running in 07, topping out at about 30 posts per day a one point, but that was certainly more active than it is now. I imagine 42317 is correct in that there are both tons of larger and more active places to go, so our little community here is often overlooked even though the site does get about 3k visitors a day. I'm sure the lack of activity plays a part, but we never really got that much momentum to begin with so I imagine the sheer number of other and materially more active anime and hentai website forums keeps us down pretty good. But hopefully we'll be able to get things going a bit better than they have been! And hopefully you'll be able to help us out in that :d^_^b: