Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Are You Watching Now?
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 4:55 am 
Post Master

I might as well talk about Star Driver since I've actually finished it unlike most of the other shit I've been watching. It's a real mish-mash of weirdness which is pretty much the only reason it was entertaining to me. There's way too many characters and none of them are fleshed out very well, the origins of all of the unique things in this world aren't explained at all, some of the key characters don't act human at all, and the ending went off in the fucking deep end of the shit-filled baby pool.

Two things kept it from being complete garbage for me. It doesn't attempt to have a pathetic and nonsensical excuse of a philosophical message conveyed by trying to confuse the watcher like RahXephon. It also doesn't stray far from the world that was established from the beginning to throughout the series, so it doesn't turn to a pile of feces like other weird anime have for me. So, it's still not anything I'd recommend to anyone other than people who like dumb crazy shit that keeps your attention by making you think about all the different weird stuff that's going on at once.

On a side note, One Piece fucking sucks. It's like Naruto if Naruto was more annoying. I didn't know popular shounen could go any lower than Naruto, but it does, by being completely similar in all aspects but worse at all of them.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 2:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
On a side note, One Piece fucking sucks. It's like Naruto if Naruto was more annoying.

Oh, you noticed? :lol2: I find both of them annoying enough. One Piece and Naruto are stories with interesting underlying ideas and concepts but they're drawn out too long. Damn shame.

PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 2:50 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Here's what I've watched recently (from what I've remembered):

Completed Sakura Wars and I have to say it is one of my favorite anime titles of all time. Just everything about it made me feel good and I liked how it empathizes the importance of teamwork can defeat evil in seemingly bleak times. I know it sounds very cliched, but I strongly recommend watching it if you get the chance and if you especially like Takarazuka Revue and/or steampunk mechs. :)

You Are Umasou: Now it's my favorite anime movie, perhaps my favorite anime, of all time. Pretty much a Japanese version of The Land Before Time, but so much better in different ways. I could describe this movie in elaborate detail, but I'll save any further comments for my upcoming You Are Umasou Review thread, which will be in the works.

Sailor Moon R episodes 47-51: So far it's a lot better than the first season and it's great to see Usagi and the Sailor Senshi back in action. The new transformation sequence and weapon were much more cooler too. Best of all, episode 50 featured monsters that resembled Godzilla, King Ghidorah, and Biollante's Rose Form! 8)

PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 1:05 pm 

Just finished The Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Fairly recent show from last year.

I watched it because it had one heck of a silly name. Although it sort of makes sense I guess? Since the plot does revolve a bit around a pair of characters searching for legendary artifacts of heroes long past - hence them searching for the legends of legends so to speak? Blah, don't wanna rationalize the title anymore!

Guess I'll make a thread about it. But like - I really loved it and it is pretty damn good.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 8:11 pm 
Post Master

36 episodes into Dragon Ball Kai now, and it's still staying strong. The Frieza saga is way better than I remember, and I have a new respect for Vegeta for outsmarting everyone on Namek. The big battle with Frieza is about to begin and I'm looking forward to it.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 11:51 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Got done watching the Mars of Destruction OVA and good god was it horrible. It's pretty much the most nothing anime I have ever seen in my life since it's pretty much about nothing and all the characters are nothing. Hell, MD Geist barely has a sense of what the hell is going on. Mars of Destruction has the same banality that Eiken and to watch both of these titles at the same time would be like participating in the Bataan Death March.

On the positive note, at least I had beer with me when I watched it. Image

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be watching REAL anime such as Gungrave and Birdy the Mighty thank you very much.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2012, 3:21 am 
Post Master

Watched 8 episodes of Red Garden and I won't be finishing it. I like the art style and the premise had potential. However, the weak writing and characters ruined it for me. It goes overboard with the melodrama and never achieves the emotional reaction it wants to, then eventually gets annoying. The english dub does a good job but the writing is overloaded with whining. I can't relate to the main characters because they are all complete losers in their own ways, and I can't say I'd react the way they did to their situation if I were in it, since their "encounters" seem to be trivial after the first one.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 2:35 pm 

Just watched an anime movie - Loups Garous. French for werewolf apparently, but the show is devoid of werewolves.

The movie takes place in a futuristic utopian world. Everybody eats synthetic food where no lives are sacrificed to produce, everybody is monitored by a system and live structured and safe lives. But as usual these utopias are never really utopias. A girl who has trouble socializing, Hazuki meets up with her not so normal group mates for school and unwittingly gets drawn into a serial murder case which leads to the dark secret behind this utopian society.

I'm not gonna say its an excellent movie, but it was good enough I suppose. Its a plot that has been tried and done before, except Loups Garous actually has a rather simplistic approach to it all. Like there isn't some heavily convoluted spiraling conspiracy or high tech AI gone rampant or some weird ploy by some head honcho to transcend the mortal coil. Not going to reveal the plot behind it but lets just say - things are rather simple! Although I suppose it feels a bit anti climatic at the end.

The characters are interesting enough although the heroine herself is rather bland and normal. Along for the ride you have the mysterious Kono Ayumi and the upbeat genius girl Mio Tsuzuki. And the kung fu girl Rei Myao.

Unlike most stories in its vein, it ain't complicated, it ain't exactly philosophical. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Although this is only something to watch if you have nothing better to do and kinda want to watch an anime movie. Its alright as a time killer. Clocks in at roughly 1.5 hours so its movie length.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 6:54 pm 
Post Master

I was disgusted after watching 4 episodes of Crest of the Stars, because it was bad for reasons I'm not used to. It was frustratingly boring because there was a ton pointless conversations and scenes. After 4 episodes I felt like the story barely started, and that those 4 episodes could easily be condensed to 2 episodes if they removed all the pointlessness. Talking about why paintings are on a spaceship may be considered to be "character development" to some people, but I call it a fucking waste of time.

PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 11:23 pm 

Latest HxH: awesome as always!! I can sit back, relax and enjoy a remake of the old show, it doesn't matter if I already what the outcome is, it's still really enjoyable. I think that says a lot of good things about the series. Read and watch HxH guys!!!

Latest Last Exile: I was able to catch up with the anime again: somehow at the beginning of every episode I feel like I've skipped an episode or two because they tend to skip some scenes and pointless traveling or situations, which is nice in a way since they don't throw us any filler stuff. But it does make me feel a bit uneasy every time. So far the story is really interesting so many things have happened in a couple of episodes and the direction of the story has changed many times too. But it all seems we are heading to find out what's happened with Claus and Lavie soon.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2012, 3:54 pm 

Crest of the Stars is kinda half about the pair and their conversations about not much at all. I kinda enjoyed their random talks, like Lafiel's childhood story about how she thought her cat was her mom. Stuff does happen in the show but its a whole lot of talking.

===

Currently watching Noein. 6 episodes in. First its like woah flying people who shoot lasers fighting some flying bizarro robot thing from bizarro land. Then kids! Then quantum mechanics and parallel universes and what the crap.

In short, pretty interesting.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2012, 8:51 pm 
Post Master

Might as well talk about Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies and Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle since Sleeping Princess is really something special. The first Dragon Ball movie is pretty good, it faithfully recreates the best parts of the original show and presents it with more haste. The quality of the visuals on the DVD is better than Kai's blurays, and the dub is well done. My only problem was that it was rushed and jumps around too much.

The second movie is completely different. It is the second worst anime product I've ever watched, with the first being Shadow Skill. The main problem is the horrible audio on both English and Japanese tracks. The English dub is FUCKING TERRIBLE, the worst I've ever heard. They must've hired homeless people to do rewritten 1-take lines for a cheeseburger while the dub director was overdosing on crack, and they found their audio equipment in the trash of a garage band. The sound quality of the Japanese track is worse than the first Lupin III shows' audio, which is 15 years older than this. The visuals on the DVD aren't even as good as the first movie.

Everything else along with the audio is abysmal, though. The art in the new material is complete shit, with the new character designs looking like horrible mutant abominations, and the backgrounds blurring together with their over-done darkness for 2/3 of the movie. Then there's the story, oh boy. All you need to know is that the villians' objectives are to destroy the sun, because they say they "love the darkness". I doubt they love freezing to death or gambling with their lives by removing what THE EARTH ORBITS AROUND. I wasn't even paying attention to what the ending was because I didn't care at all at that point.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:46 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
It is the second worst anime product I've ever watched, with the first being Shadow Skill.

You mean it's worse than Ninja Resurrection?? :shock:
Wow.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:20 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
You mean it's worse than Ninja Resurrection?? :shock:
Wow.

I've never seen that since I don't watch trash on purpose.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2012, 4:51 am 
Post Master

Baka to Test which is another crappy comedy I didn't like.

I wonder why 80% of highly rated anime are terribly unfunny harem comedies and another 10% are action series' with no substance and don't even do style well. FUCK.

As of 25/02/2012
Anime I've completed: 232
Anime I've dropped: 98

I'd have counted even more dropped anime if I'd added shit like Burst Angel and Kiddy Grade back when I didn't care about counting how many shitty anime I'd watched.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138  Next