Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Gundam 00
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 11:08 am 

After the trash that was SEED, does anybody still care?

http://aeug.blogspot.com/ (as of Jun 15)

Setsuna F. Seiei

16-years-old

"Fated boy soldier born & raised in the war-torn Middle East's Kurdis Republic. A cool kid who hates getting close to others and keeps his feelings inside."

GN-001 Gundam Exia

Head height: 18.3m

Base weight: 57.2 tons

Because of the GN particles eminating from the GN Drive within the unit, it has astounding mobility and near infinite energy. Compared to currently-in-use MS, it introduces a great deal of high technology. The GN particles eminated into the air cause radio wave interference and disrupt ordinary radar and communications. It is equipped with seven blades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 12:55 pm 

4th pilot scares me.

Well I liked SEED, even if Destiny sucked ass.

Kouga Yun(aka LOVELESS) character designs scare me. But the director of the FMA anime is working on this so there is some hope yet. But well.... a fucking organization dedicated to eradicating war is just D:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 1:48 am 
Major Contributor

SEED wasn't trash. Neither was Destiny for that matter. I actually enjoyed watching both. (Yes I actually enjoyed watching Destiny, you got a problem with that, we can fight later) Though I agree neither were particularly good anime.

Though I will admit, I'm not really too excited about this series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 10:33 am 

You're right spazz, sure Seed had a crap ending but other then that it was a pretty good series. As for Destiny, well ummmm, that one was just a major disappointment.

First I've heard about the new series, to me from what I can gather from the site Die posted looks like another addiction into the already over stuffed UC universe of the franchise. While I can understand going back to it's roots to try and revise the franchise after the hit it took after Destiny I have to wonder how much freedom the writers will be able to have with a univers that is already so full. In any case the gundams look cool, not enough women in my book, :roll: but cool Gundams. So if any of you guys that now more want to fill us in more please do. I MUST KNOW MORE!!!

As a side note, what is it with the Japanese and feminin looking guys? If they wanted a girl they should have drawn one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 11:07 am 

Fangirls are loaded. You can rip them off with all kinds of fangirl merchandise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 7:38 pm 

Its not UC. The mecha designs look like they took inspiration from Full Metal Panic. The character designs remind me of Yu-Gi-Oh, but its still better than SEED's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 2:26 am 

Not UC doesn't mean much to me. I didn't like UC that much. They had good mechs here and there, and fun side stories. But the so called best 'Zeta', I found rather crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 2:01 pm 
Lurker

Dei wrote:
Its not UC.

I honestly haven't really enjoyed any of the non-UC Gundam series, so I don't think that I'll really bother with this, either. I managed to sit through all of Gundam Wing (which seems to be the favorite series of many non-UC fans) and I thought it was downright terrible. I only saw a few random episodes of Seed, but it didn't really appeal to me so never made an effort to see more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 7:46 pm 
Major Contributor

rurounijf wrote:
Dei wrote:
Its not UC.

I honestly haven't really enjoyed any of the non-UC Gundam series, so I don't think that I'll really bother with this, either. I managed to sit through all of Gundam Wing (which seems to be the favorite series of many non-UC fans) and I thought it was downright terrible. I only saw a few random episodes of Seed, but it didn't really appeal to me so never made an effort to see more.

Would it be fair to say I was the reverse? I collected Wing, and I watched much of G-Gundam and some early Seed, but not the UC titles. Liked Wing, but G-Gundam wasn't nearly as good. Seemed like if the Gundam series was a fighting game (along the line of the DOA series or maybe Virtua Fighter), G-Gundam could be the result. Seed wasn't bad from what I watched of it, I just lost interest at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 7:47 pm 
Major Contributor

Always felt like I should look at the UC titles, just haven't bothered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 10:36 pm 
Lurker

Well, if you haven't seen them, then I don't think it would be fair to say you are the reverse of me. You can't tell that you don't like something until you've seen it. I have seen a lot of the AC titles... and they weren't good in my opinion. I watched them before I came to that conclusion, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 11:53 pm 
Major Contributor

Good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 11:34 am 

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get the whole UC/alt argument between Gundam fans. I like both UC universe series most of the alternate universe series as well. Again however I've only seen Stardust, 8th ms team, War in the Poket and CHar's counter attack of the UC universe unedited. While the first three were great that last killed any and all desire for me to continue watching the UC, god that movie sucked. On the other side, SD gundam is even worse. I found it's best if you go into the alt universe titles by forgeting the rest of the franchise while your watching it. Though it still take me by utter amazment that there are people that can't stand Gundam Wing, mean sure it can be slow at time and it's more focuses on the politics of war but still how can you hate the series that is a great as gundam Wing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 5:08 pm 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
I found it's best if you go into the alt universe titles by forgeting the rest of the franchise while your watching it.

This is true. Technically, I didn't even really know about Gundam until Wing started coming out, but that helped a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 5:16 pm 
Lurker

The Adict wrote:
Though it still take me by utter amazment that there are people that can't stand Gundam Wing, mean sure it can be slow at time and it's more focuses on the politics of war but still how can you hate the series that is a great as gundam Wing?

I had a lot of problems with Gundam Wing. The biggest was the fact that you never actually get the feeling that the Gundam pilots were in any danger. They almost weren't even human... instead, in every other episode they were taking out hundreds of opposing mobile suits at a given time. Sure, in UC Gundam the NewType characters had some serious skills, but each encounter was still a big deal and the pilots were actually threatened. No one was going around firing uber-beams that took out dozens of enemies at a time or anything like that. Wing's introduction of the mobile-dolls only made things worse and it turned the series into the Dynasty Warriors of Gundam. I could go on and on, but I think you see my point (even if you disagree with it.)

Just out of curiosity, what did you dislike about Char's Counterattack?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next