Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 20th, 2017, 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 42317's vlogs and videos
PostPosted: November 17th, 2010, 6:53 pm 
Resident Scholar

I'm making my own thread since I'm planning to make a video now and then, when I have ideas, inspiration, and the time to do them.

The following videos are already on my channel:

DragonBall Z - Cell Fun (AMV)

Ah! Megami-sama! - Soft Love (AMV)

Kishin Heidan Live Action Trailer (DVD Bonus material)

Fushigi Yûgi - Ordinary World Remix (AMV)

Entertaining Food Consumption (implicitly sexy Anime Clips)

Panem et Circenses Treverorum (Bread and Circuses in Trier, 2009)

Worst Job (Vlog)

Review - Empire of Schools (Vlog)

Giveaway 2009(Vlog)

New Video! (2010-11-13)
17 Questions 17 Answers

Post subject: Re: 42317's vlogs and videos
PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 1:07 am 

I'll try to watch all of them. I watched the "Cell Fun" one. It cracked me up.
I'll watch a new one everyday.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2010, 7:43 pm 
Resident Scholar

wolfwood wrote:
I'll watch a new one everyday.

Thanks a lot. I wish I could do one every week, but I skip many ideas because I don't think it would be quality. I've also made two videos that I deleted because they were crappy on second thought... well, I'll do at least one in December, the renewed Giveaway video... I took the time and cut the damaged posters so that the edges would look better, and not like garbage.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 5:42 pm 

I'm not a fan of the series, but I liked the Oh my goddess amv, it was well done. I do like weezer.

I never watched the animated series but the trailer for that live action Kishin Heidan looks kind of interesting.

I really liked the Sushigi Yuugi amv. I have kept very few videos in my computer and I think i have some of the best Ermac ever made. But I don't remember watching this one. Very good pick!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 7:59 pm 
Post Master

I admire your ability to post youtube videos of yourself. I am very self-conscious about any creation I show to many people, and I don't like listening to my own voice. I've wanted to do stuff but can't get the motivation to do so.

Maybe I should do a video review of Shadow Skill so I can get some redeeming value out of the time I spent watching it.

PostPosted: December 9th, 2010, 7:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I admire your ability to post youtube videos of yourself.

I thank you. I don't find it very hard, although I'm in no way an outgoing person. I do feel kinda nervous in front of a live audience, though, presentations and stuff.

Mmsven wrote:
I don't like listening to my own voice.

That's not unusual, since you perceive your voice differently, deeper, because the sound reaches your ears also via your skull which alters the signal slightly. Almost everyone whom I've shown it to explicitly was surprised at the real sound of his/her voice.
"What? My voice is even higher?" my girlfriend exclaimed, "How can you even like me?" :lol:
It's a matter of getting used to.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2011, 6:42 pm 
Resident Scholar

Something I did on a whim just today.

Save a few Cents

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 1:26 pm 
Resident Scholar

Last week I went to a "open house" at Spangdahlem AFB.
I recorded a few minutes of the last air show, featuring an F16 showing maneuvers at low altitude and at a speed of mach 2 with roaring afterburner.

Spangdahlem Air Show, 2011-07-31

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 12:13 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
That's pretty cool stuff there, 42317! Your videos are pretty good, especially your vlogs. They, along my master of my college's anime club, inspire me to do some vlogging, once I feel more comfortable talking in front of a digital camcorder or know how to use the camcorder on my smartphone.

42317 wrote:
Ah! Megami-sama! - Soft Love (AMV)

Not a huge fan of Weezer at all, but since I love Ah! My Goddess and the song fits the mood, this AMV is great in my book. Even though you didn't made it, but at least you have saved a lost treasure. I wish I would have done the same for the Godzilla "King of Kings" MV... :crap:

42317 wrote:
Panem et Circenses Treverorum(Bread and Circuses in Trier, 2009)

The Roman Empire fell not because of invaders, but by children armed with balls. A humiliating blow to one of history's greatest dynasties. :boohoo:

42317 wrote:
Worst Job (Vlog)

Oh, I feel your pain, man. I also worked at a restaurant as well, but quite opposite of your description. I worked at a local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) club as a busboy during my senior year in high school, and it was at a time when people used to smoke in bars (I miss those days). My job was plain and simple. Clean the tables once the customers are done, serving bread, washing dishes, and whatever else the boss tells you to do. The pay was just minimal wage, but I can't complain since it's money and money's good! I got along with my co-workers pretty well, but what makes working as a VFW busboy a living hell are the customers on Spaghetti Night, which is on every Wednesday. My God, it sucked. Every minute of it. Of course most of the customers are veterans who served in WWII, Korean and Vietnam Wars, meaning that they are senior citizens. Usually they are mild-mannered folks, but on Spaghetti Night, they're as ravenous as a horde of zombies! The spaghetti itself wasn't very good, but at least it's edible and yet the customers treat it as if it was something from Olive Garden, but dirt cheap. Many come in the restaurant, but few come out, making it difficult to move around and cleaning tables up. The bread supply usually gets exhausted really quickly and if it's all gone, the customers sometimes get fussy about it because bread is their only means to eat spaghetti with. Some customers refuse to eat bread heels, which can be very annoying and one old lady was furious at me for bring heels WHEN IT'S ALL THAT WAS LEFT OF THE BREAD SUPPLY, but she refused to care and told me to get bread anyway (fucking bitch). And also there are a few rowdy customers that might throw stuff at you when you're trying to work, which can be very irritating. :mad2: I hated it. I absolutely hated it, but I was able to tough it out so that I can make enough money for college, which turned out to be a wise investment indeed. I worked until early July, when the restaurant decided to layoff the busboys because the bridge in town was under repair and it affected business. Oh well. While working at a restaurant can be one of the most undignified jobs out there, but it gave me a whole new appreciation for restaurant workers and the experience helped me to reach my goals in life. That's another way I like at it. :D

42317 wrote:
Review - Empire of Schools (Vlog)

Huh, interesting book. I tried to find it online, but I can't find a page that actually has it featured, besides your video which is one of the top results lol. From what I watched on your review, it sounds like R.L. Cutts is one crazy individual who clearly did not do enough good research on Japanese culture, which sorta like what David Peters does with pterosaurs. :doh:

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 3:36 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
That's pretty cool stuff there, 42317! Your videos are pretty good, especially your vlogs.

Thank you, but keep in mind that I have not created any of these AMVs.

Gojira wrote:
The spaghetti itself wasn't very good, but at least it's edible and yet the customers treat it as if it was something from Olive Garden, but dirt cheap.

Yes, it's strange, isn't it. Spaghetti with tomato sauce are among the cheapest foods you can offer (that includes raw materials and pay for preparation time), but still people jump such offers like Spaghetti Napoli were the most exquisite menu they have ever and very rarely tasted.

Gojira wrote:
Some customers refuse to eat bread heels

Those are hard to chew with false teeth I suppose.
And I will always remember a line from "Rocko's Modern Life":
When you've reached my age and most of your friends and family are dead you're also not gonna be happy sunshine all day. (Not the original quote but you get the gist.)

Gojira wrote:
Empire of Schools (Vlog) - it sounds like R.L. Cutts is one crazy individual who clearly did not do enough good research on Japanese culture

His work clearly tells you that even if you've lived among or next to the culture you describe for 20 years does not necessarily qualify you to write academically objectively about it. I think he has an opinion and his choice of examples and references is biased due to that opinion, like conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence and proof that does not fit into their views.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 12:12 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Thank you, but keep in mind that I have not created any of these AMVs.

You're welcome! Of course I knew you didn't created them after reading the descriptions (I'm not that stupid :P2: ), but I still say they were good. That's all. If you did make AMVs..........................I would have a ton a requests for you. :lol:

42317 wrote:
Yes, it's strange, isn't it. Spaghetti with tomato sauce are among the cheapest foods you can offer (that includes raw materials and pay for preparation time), but still people jump such offers like Spaghetti Napoli were the most exquisite menu they have ever and very rarely tasted.

The spaghetti that was served at the restaurant I worked had meat sauce instead and the only cheese that covered it was Swiss. Even as an American myself, I find that to be both bizarre and somewhat wrong. But still, it doesn't taste bad if you don't think about it too much... or just wolf it down when you're really hungry.

42317 wrote:
Those are hard to chew with false teeth I suppose.
And I will always remember a line from "Rocko's Modern Life":
When you've reached my age and most of your friends and family are dead you're also not gonna be happy sunshine all day. (Not the original quote but you get the gist.)

I will definitely take that to account, especially if it comes from one of my childhood cartoon favorites. :)

42317 wrote:
His work clearly tells you that even if you've lived among or next to the culture you describe for 20 years does not necessarily qualify you to write academically objectively about it. I think he has an opinion and his choice of examples and references is biased due to that opinion, like conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence and proof that does not fit into their views.

I'm not a stranger to these kind of people, particularly in the natural science fields where several individuals come up with outrageous theories and concepts without having a PhD, any academic training in their field of work, or their findings get published without peer review. They can be frustrating to work with because of that. You can have the freedom of opinion, but not the facts.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 3:06 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
particularly in the natural science fields where several individuals come up with outrageous theories and concepts without having a PhD, any academic training in their field of work, or their findings get published without peer review.

You know, having a PhD doesn't necessarily stop a person from uttering outrageous theories. :lol:

Or maybe in this case we should rather say "hypotheses", sticking to academic jargon. For, if I'm not mistaken, the Theory of Evolution is backed by more evidence than the Law of Universal Gravitation. :wink:

PostPosted: October 17th, 2011, 1:43 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
You know, having a PhD doesn't necessarily stop a person from uttering outrageous theories. :lol:

Or maybe in this case we should rather say "hypotheses", sticking to academic jargon. For, if I'm not mistaken, the Theory of Evolution is backed by more evidence than the Law of Universal Gravitation. :wink:

That's more like it! It's important to keep people informed that theory doesn't mean a "guess", but it is based on observations and data that can be replicated via experimenting in order to get the proposed result.

I know that you're really, really busy lately, but I just have to ask. Got any new videos in the works? Just curious, that's all. :)

PostPosted: October 19th, 2011, 3:07 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
42317 wrote:
I know that you're really, really busy lately, but I just have to ask. Got any new videos in the works? Just curious, that's all. :)

Haha, thanks. I have ideas alright. But I don't have a camera. Yet.
These days I need to buy a new mattress, in a month it will be sunglasses (as driving in a landscape that is famous for its snowfalls will be dangerous due to possible snow-blindness). In the middle of December there will be the next chance to decide the matter. Which means that I'm probably gonna do my videos while driving, depending on the success of beforehand experimentation.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 7:00 am 
Resident Scholar

By the way:

Gojira wrote:
(...) do some vlogging, once I feel more comfortable talking in front of a digital camcorder

You don't have to show your face. You can as well record your lines and show illustrating pictures.
Compare this guy, Evi3nc3.