Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 4:39 am 
Regular

... there is a reason why in all other foruns I go, threads like this get closed instantaneously. I always thought "nah, that was a dumb reason to close those threads", until I read this one, so I will point out the very only reason why this thread exists:

It exists so people can bash and destroy whatever they don't like, so other people who like it will feel bad and even enranged by how dumb and unfair people can get into making up reasons why they don't want to watch an anime based on prejudices, stereotypes and incorrect notions (like the notion that this or that is a copy/clone of other, which is the first on the dumbest reason not to like a title list - 2007 people, 100 years of cinema, some 20 years of anime, 99% of titles ARE based on old ideas that have been thru and thru).

I have seen some titles been bashed here that don't deserve it at all, some that are on my top 10 (and my wife favorite also), I got my blood rushing to the head with how unfair the reasons the person gave not to like it, closed it, and that was yesterday 8) so today without reading anything, to prevent flames, I would just want to drop my rant against this pool of hatred against what you don't like.

I could point some popular and famous titles that I hate but that would just pile up the hatred, and as I have seen on this thread already, instead of people posting what they don't like, they would post to defend what they like (thus I don't even quote neither).

Sorry, but this thread is useless as much as this post =p

I WILL NOT READ REPLIES HERE (since I will not skip thru hatred posts to read any) SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL IGNORE THIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 7:10 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
I'm with Acmurphy, I fail to see the problem, how can a series have to many pantie shots?

Maybe there cannot be too many, but it depends on the way of presentation.
I like panty shots as long as it seems like they are "coincidences", but I don't like panty shots derived from very obvious camera angles like the "frog perspective". If panty shots are an "add-on", now and then, carefully dosed, they're okay with me, but when they become kind of a "self-purpose", showing panties just in order to show them, the matter becomes disturbing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 8:20 am 
Newcomer

The Adict wrote:
I'm with Acmurphy, I fail to see the problem, how can a series have to many pantie shots? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

In my defense, your Honor, I'd just like to add............... :lol:

Seriously, I can handle panty shots with nice character designs, but there has to be some kind of a plot above all that, like Ikkitousen, maybe? This stinkburger of an anime seems to be many panty shots with a plot only attempting to justify more panty shots. *Yawn*

Because of this thread, I did go back last night and finish the last episode. The end didn't justify any of the means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 11:26 am 

lets see, Air Master, the kid in there would make a deaf man cringe. i think i watched 6 episodes and it was either stop watching it or go deaf.

when it comes to panty shots earlier, and the aforemention Ikkitousen; there's a difference between doing it artfully and doing it indescriminantly, I like the design of Ikktousen and I wouldnt be completely disgusted by the series if it hadn't been for the pure amount of fanservice given. I mean, come on, find me a secene or encounter in that show that didnt contain or lead to some sort of fanservice. as they say, sometimes Less is More.

when it comes to someone earlier mentioning that these sort of threads are allways locked on other forums cause they tend to turn into flamefests. I think that shows the difference of animetric to a degree, we can have these threads and not hate eachother for their opinions, and after all a discussion board is to discuss different opinions, so long as we can do it without flaming or name calling or any other form of banter that can turn hatefull or spitefull its a good experience. I'm sorry that you feel you can't join in here because of previous experiences, wish you'd take a different aproach but then again, you're choice. just a shame I couldn't get to hear your opinions on these things.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2007, 7:34 pm 

Hey hey hey Back off my Ikki Toushen, its a fan fair fighting anime that doesn't try to be anything else GOD BLESS IT'S SOUL! Yes its a below average anime in almost every aspect but it fulfills ALL of it's promises, many goddess level women beating the living tar out of everyone while flashing naked breast and pantiess, call me a stupid horn dog but that's enough of a reason for me to buy it.

Also Darkone I agree I like the atmosphere of the forum, and that people don't throw things at me when I'm being a know it all or dissagree with the status proque.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 2:32 am 
Major Contributor

I think I'll have to add D.Gray-man to the list now since the show seems to just to be spitting out fillers now. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 5:46 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
lol :lol: , I was just kidding with the panties comment, for anyone who really thought I was serious. I am not a big fan of fanservice when is seems to become the point of the show, rather than something with actual depth, like character development and an actual plot that makes sense. What fanservice should be is a little something extra to "perk up" your viewing experience. Like some of those panty shots and such in FMP. They don't take over the series, just every once in a while you get a nice little bonus. However, in some series, like Variable Geo or something along those lines, it seems to be he only purpose, at which point you just say, God they should have just made this a hentai title, then I wouldn't have cared about the characters or plot :twisted:.

Last edited by Acmurphy on June 26th, 2007, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 5:50 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
However, in some series, like Variable Geo or something along those lines, it seems to be he only purpose, at which point you just say, God they should have just made this a hentai title, then I wouldn't have cared about the characters or plot :twisted:.

and thats why I don't like Ikkitousen amoung others. for fudge's sake its soft pron allready :lol:

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 6:02 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Dark One,

Ya, Ikki Tousen is one that I was not a big fan of either. Though really, I think I disliked the main characters and overall series more so than its excessive use of fanservice items. It was very hard for me to finish Ikki Tousen, I was incredibly uninterested in it. I was afraid to watch Tenjho Tenge afterwards, since I figured it would be the same type of thing, but it was executed much better and had a more solid story, even though it has a lot of fanservice as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 6:05 pm 

i never could finish the TT anime, mostly because i read the manga first and had a completely different image of how the characters were and what the music would be like, nearly flipped when i heard some of the jpop stuff they made for it. was expecting more of a dark rap/rock kind of theme instead of the happy go lucky stuff they made. love the manga though, just couldn't be bothered with the anime.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 9:04 am 

I thought Ikki Tousen was already classified as an echii? In any case either you like it or you don't. I like it for it's goddess level near naked woman and sexual situation that most anime lead you to believe they have but never deliver, I also love mouse. I also couldn't stop laughing, I'm easy to please I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 1:41 pm 
Lurker

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage - I absolutely loved the first season of Black Lagoon. It just seemed like it did everything right. The second season wasn't necessary bad, but it really changed the focus of the series. Suddenly all of the characters from the Lagoon Company were being overshadows by characters I didn't really care about from Hotel Moscow, the Roanapur Gangsters, and others. I would really like to go back eventually and give this series another shot, though, to see if I can get into it again.

.hack//Roots - This one really makes me sad because .hack//Sign ranks very highly on my list of favorite anime. I will admit that I only watched the first three episodes of Roots, but I just couldn't get into it. Obviously as a fan of .hack//Sign, I understand that the series will be slow and heavy on the dialogue, I have no problems with that. For me, though, Roots didn't interest me enough to make all of that dialogue entertaining. Of course, just like with The Second Barrage, I would really like to go back and give this series another shot... I think that my fan-dom of the .hack universe as a whole demands that I give it another try.

Those are really the only two series I can think of that I couldn't finish watching. I'm not going to mention things like Naruto or Bleach, where it's not that I couldn't finish watching it, but that I just didn't care enough to watch all of the filler episodes, and so I end up skipping dozens of episodes at a time just to get to the good parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 5:21 pm 

have to say on roots, its a good watch once you get into it, as hack was, but its no where close to sign.

on the second season of black lagoon, yes it does draw the attention away from the lagoon company, but I liked it as it sort of fleshed out the world a bit more. and you do get some nice things at the end of the second series.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2007, 10:40 pm 
Lurker

Way to go, trying to get me to spend more money... :evil:

Seriously, though, that's good to hear. As I said, I wanted to give both of them a second chance and at least there could be merit to it. As for when I'll get around to looking at them again, I have no clue, but I plan to do so eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 11:56 am 

I found roots to be too slow. This usually isn' a problem, I usually love shows that take their time but Roots as too many unsolved question and doesn't even give partial answers to any of them. Mean why is the bad guy Kite's currupted data? And how did somebody destroy the orginal world? And if Kite's data survived then did arua and if so where the hell is she! Added to that I think the new lead is obbessed arrogant prick and you get the idea. Added to that I could only watch half way threw before the tv kicked into reruns and you get the idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next