Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 18th, 2017, 10:55 pm


All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 11:34 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
wolfwood wrote:
Double post!!

Now that you say it, I think BRS we had the option to delete own posts, could that be?

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: June 5th, 2011, 6:19 pm 
Offline
Resident Admin
User avatar

Joined: March 11th, 2007, 11:19 am
Posts: 2452
Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
Now that you say it, I think BRS we had the option to delete own posts, could that be?

You should be able to, the only thing you can't do is delete a post after someone comments after it.

It's good to hear you found yourself some work 42317! It might not be ideal, but at least it's something while you search for a better job more attune to your skill set. Those hours are a killer though, I gotta give you credit for being able to keep up with such a long daily schedule. Hopefully you'll be able to get the time down a bit like you mentioned.

_________________
Animetric Owner and Reviewer | My Anime List
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: June 11th, 2011, 3:33 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Acmurphy wrote:
Hopefully you'll be able to get the time down a bit like you mentioned.

Every second Friday we deliver extra packages of some pharmacy magazine.
On the first occasion it took me about 13 hours to deliver about 50 of them (plus the usual load of 100 to 150 parcels) around the area which I am responsible for. I'll compare the next load in two weeks.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 6:53 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
This picture/comic strip is a translation from the German comic blog "Beetlebum".
Concerning its topic I think it hits the nail on the head.

Furthermore I think that going to work as late as 0630 is for pussies. :mrgreen:

Attachment:
Beetlebum - Arbeitsbegriff Studi-Prolo Ü.JPG
Beetlebum - Arbeitsbegriff Studi-Prolo Ü.JPG [ 39.68 KiB | Viewed 4504 times ]

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: September 4th, 2011, 1:21 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
New organizational structures are being realized in our company.
First of all, working on Saturdays became a fact - well, every four weeks I have to do half a day. It's more fun because instead of 100 - 150 packages I only have 20, all in all maybe a dozen customers. Back home at 1300. But actually I'd rather sleep long on Saturdays.
Especially last week, where some complications led to extra work and lots of stress - one driver on sick leave, an intern leaving without further notice, one car out of order. That was a little hellish and the reason why I did not show up last weekend. I was just so tired and slept most of the time, and the rest... well, I more or less just sat there, watched movies and played old games, after a friend gave me the "Hearts of Iron Anthology". Fun stuff.

Starting tomorrow my "mission area" will change, as the northern half of our western areas will be handled henceforth by a different depot. Bigboss says our depot is not big enough to handle Xmas stresses, so he redeployed one tour and reassigned two others - I'm among those which where reassigned. Which means the coming week will be stressfull as well since I have to adapt to a new area, which brings me closer to the borders of Belgium and Luxemburg.

As a minor result I cannot uphold the title of my work-related blog series, "King of Kylltal", since I'm not serving the Kyll valley anymore. I think I'm gonna name the new chapter "B51 Bomber" ("B51" means "Bundesstraße Nr. 51" = "Federal Highway 51", a prominent road in the area).

My camera is giving up... it looks like it doesn't do much anymore when it's hot, and the protective shutter in front of the lens has some mechanical problems closing properly. I have to by a new one, but I'll go for a video camera that can shoot pictures as well (instead of vice versa). But first I'll need a new matress as the current one has been in use for six years and it's pretty done for. After that I'll need sunglasses, because I think that driving around for hours in a snow-white area is not good for the eyes. After that I can contemplate a new camera - in November, or rather December. I'll have to see how finances develop.

One of our lorry drivers was fired because he caused too many problems, and damaging the sliding gate at the depot was the final drop. Now I'm applying for a lorry license, allowing me to drive vehicles with a payload exceeding 3.5 tons. If the labor exchange gives me some money, and we'll have to see about that, I can get the license and once I have the license I'll go from Sprinter to truck, and truck drivers earn a few hundred Euros more than Sprinter drivers. They have more responsibility, but less stress and easier work. The trucks are loaded and unloaded with forklifts and pallet jacks, and since pallets are all standard size there's no worries how to arrange them safely, unlike single packages that come n in many different forms and sizes. Furthermore truck drivers don't get dizzy sorting out parcels rolling by as their dozen or so pallets are neatly stacked and easy to spot, and, most importantly, our truck drivers get out of bed at a time when I'm already leaving the house. I clearly want that kind of promotion.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: December 24th, 2011, 1:43 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Xmas business is over! No more super-tours!
Package loads had risen 50 % since mid-november and sharply plummeted at the end of this week. I volunteered to deliver express packages today, on Xmas Eve, expecting... well, at least something. But nothing unusual happened, unless you count the the ridiculous payload I was wasting gas for. 18 packages, five customers, 150 km (less than 100 miles), two and a half hours, a tip of 2 Euros. I got out of the depot so early I arrived at the first pharmacy one and a half hours early, it was of course still closed and I gave the package to a nearby bakery at 0700.

That's just about what happened today... I have about a dozen stories to tell, most of which are still waiting to appear in my weblog - I just lacked the time to write them down, just as I lacked the time to be on the forums more often. I do my writing thoroughly and it takes about four hours to write and edit 2000 words, I'm hoping to get some stuff down in the following week as payloads are said to remain low and tours short until the 2nd of January.

I probably will not write too much about my delivery adventures here as my "diary" is mostly confined to my blog, but I found something that I might discuss here if it inspires me enough. Well, actually I bought a book for my father and the seller was so generous as to add a second book (which I would have never ordered), called "The last Revolution" by a Bill Bright (1969). I'm gonna have a field day with this. Problem is it's a translated version (in German, of course) and I'll have to conclude the original wording. Anyways, the few textbits that I have read tell me that the book tells you a lot about the twisted sense of faith that these evangelicals have.

So for now I'll just say "Happy Holidays" to you and I ask you to use the holidays to feel life as intensely as you possibly can.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 2:29 am 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
^Sounds like you've been pretty busy lately, 42317 and to be honest, I wish I had a job that keeps me productive rather than being in a house all day. I've just recently quit my part-time job at the local museum because I could not give tours properly. It's a long story that I might mention on the "Anything that Goes" thread. I don't want to steal your thunder on your topic with my life's story! :P

I look forward to your posts sometime in the future (even if you're so busy, but I totally understand the feeling) and you also have yourself a happy and wonderful holiday, good sir. :D

_________________
Image
Sailor Senshi and Gamera are a great mix together. :3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: December 30th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Gojira wrote:
I've just recently quit my part-time job at the local museum because I could not give tours properly.

Don't worry about it. As long as you strive to learn from any experiences and work to improve yourself you're gonna turn out just fine one day. Just like the first love never lasts the first job will be lost at some point. It's as natural as cell division. :wink:

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 4:14 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Nothing much going on here as it seems? In fact I wish I had something meaningful to write about, you know, to put some life into this place. What I have to say about work might not be too interesting though and I'm already writing that into my blog... which takes about half of a sunday for roughly 2000 words. But apart from work I'm not doing much. Watching an episode or two of Anime per week... I bought a new flat monitor, the result being that I reactivated my CounterStrike habit from years ago, I'm also checking other games to see how they come across on a 16:9 screen. But time for games is only during weekends and I have to carefully select how to spend my time. My YouTube activity has come to a crunching halt because I'm currently more interested in gaming and less in watching (because gaming is interactive and watching is not, commenting doesn't count).
The most striking effect of this kind of life is that the weeks are racing past me and I kinda lose sense of my existence. I go to work, come home, play and read a bit, go to sleep, and the most suspicious measure of time are the monthly paydays. Weekends disappear in a sense because I sleep so long, well into the early afternoon in order to recharge my batteries for the week following.
I think I have an interesting job, interesting in a positive and a negative sense, I get along with the colleagues and we have a good time together chatting in the depot while packages roll by, but while it's fun it doesn't exploit my mental and intellectual capacities. I can only wonder how people with less interesting jobs perceive their walk of life. Must be horrible for some.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: January 27th, 2012, 3:43 pm 
Offline
Major Contributor
User avatar

Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:05 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
I've just recently quit my part-time job at the local museum because I could not give tours properly.

Don't worry about it. As long as you strive to learn from any experiences and work to improve yourself you're gonna turn out just fine one day. Just like the first love never lasts the first job will be lost at some point. It's as natural as cell division. :wink:

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about it anymore. I've pretty much moved on and searched for other jobs and I've applied for two of them online. I eagerly await for a response from either of those companies.

Other than that, I've been pretty much done nothing. Lifting weights, reading books, birdwatching, watch movies/shows, occasionally checking my Facebook account, and a recent new habit hanging out on the Sailor Moon Forums. Yeah, my interest in Sailor Moon has increased recently. :)

42317 wrote:
Nothing much going on here as it seems? In fact I wish I had something meaningful to write about, you know, to put some life into this place. What I have to say about work might not be too interesting though and I'm already writing that into my blog... which takes about half of a sunday for roughly 2000 words. But apart from work I'm not doing much. Watching an episode or two of Anime per week... I bought a new flat monitor, the result being that I reactivated my CounterStrike habit from years ago, I'm also checking other games to see how they come across on a 16:9 screen. But time for games is only during weekends and I have to carefully select how to spend my time. My YouTube activity has come to a crunching halt because I'm currently more interested in gaming and less in watching (because gaming is interactive and watching is not, commenting doesn't count).
The most striking effect of this kind of life is that the weeks are racing past me and I kinda lose sense of my existence. I go to work, come home, play and read a bit, go to sleep, and the most suspicious measure of time are the monthly paydays. Weekends disappear in a sense because I sleep so long, well into the early afternoon in order to recharge my batteries for the week following.
I think I have an interesting job, interesting in a positive and a negative sense, I get along with the colleagues and we have a good time together chatting in the depot while packages roll by, but while it's fun it doesn't exploit my mental and intellectual capacities. I can only wonder how people with less interesting jobs perceive their walk of life. Must be horrible for some.

Sounds like this a case of having a monotonous life. I know that feeling all too well and I'm currently having the same situation myself (except that I'm unemployed). Time has been going excruciatingly slow for me, especially after going through familial problems, and I've felt very lonely for a long time since I didn't have any friends that lived close by to escape the whole ordeal. Though I did have a close college buddy that did visit me last week and that really made me feel better.

I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem, but I think either finding a new hobby/interest to yourself occupied with or try to call/IM/visit up a friend you haven't talked to in a long time would help break the tedious lifestyle. Or perhaps try to IM some of the members here via tinychat or something like that would help too. And if you want to use your intellectual capacities, do a personal research project on the subject that you're most knowledgeable at (in your case history and Japanese culture). Speaking of research, I wouldn't mind continuing my research project that I worked on my senior year.

Probably not the answers you're looking for, but I hope this helps.

_________________
Image
Sailor Senshi and Gamera are a great mix together. :3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 3:53 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Gojira wrote:
Sounds like this a case of having a monotonous life.

No, no, not at all. Whenever I make an experience that I find worth writing down I make a note on a piece of paper. At home I type it down, still as a short note, into a private part of my blog. Whenever I have time I look at my short notes and write the whole story down in the public part of my blog - in fact I have more stories to write than my free time allows, although I must say that I am not always in the mood to write. I do see a lot and there's lots of interesting stuff to pass on.
It's just that I don't have much free time, just enough to chill a little after work, take care of business and communication and sleep. I must guess I'm better off than zero_chaos who married, got into a job, and was never heard of again. :sweat:

Gojira wrote:
try to call/IM/visit up a friend you haven't talked to in a long time would help

Not for the reasons you had in mind but you are right, I should do things like that. I should communicate more with old friends.

Gojira wrote:
Probably not the answers you're looking for, but I hope this helps.

It always helps, I thank you for your consideration.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 7:18 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
What's going on?!? During the last weeks several people in our depot, two of them drivers, have been caught stealing computer equipment... or I should rather say that ONE driver was caught stealing after which camera observation unveiled his (non-driver) accomplices. Our boss struck a deal with the responsible director: the stolen equipment was returned and the guys thus avoided charges against them, the result being that they only ended up being evicted from company property. The second driver, however, came out voluntarily before he was even suspected, apologized, and gave back the laptops; the director never heard of this, I assume, and #2 was allowed to stay (on probation of sorts).

The plan wasn't half bad. When the big trucks arrive workers put the parcels on a line and they scan them one by one so the system knows they have arrived (after which they roll past the drivers who pick their respective zip codes). Three line workers only acted as if they were scanning certain parcels and the drivers they were in league with stowed them away - so these parcels had not officially arrived. It might have worked, maybe, if it had been a laptop computer here and there (still a lot of money), but they were taking them by the dozen, which, of course, did raise suspicions after a while. The security camera recordings where eventually checked and there you have it. It is most interesting that after engaging in such acts for weeks they still had all of the equipment (which made returning it and the deal I mentioned possible). I assume they wanted to wait a little while until the officials had stopped combing EBay for suspicious articles.

In an unrelated event another driver came under suspicion of stealing cosmetics (Dior perfumery products, worth a few thousand Euros), he's "on sick leave" since then and will most likely not return.

And in another unrelated case a delivery of highly expensive medication disappeared - the driver says he arrived at the pharmacy about an hour before it even opened and left the package at the doorstep (which by itself is against regulations), after which it disappeared. He quit a few days later.

Stolen or not, if parcels disappear from the cargo the driver has to pay for them, and the director doesn't care a bit whether the disappearance of a piece has illegal or clumsy reasons.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: March 17th, 2012, 2:07 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Since one of the dishonest drivers was the one responsible for delivering hazardous materials the company is looking for a new voluntary for this job. So the boss says he's looking for someone with a profound sense of responsibility - and I was the first one he could think of.
Well, I said, I have an academic degree, it's not worth much because what I learned is not highly asked for, so it's not likely but it could still happen that I get an interesting offer I cannot resist - pointing out the 15000 Euros of debt that I have. But if he thought I was worth the risk (getting me into the respective seminars costs him about 600 E) I'd do it. He said he'd think it over. But whatever will happen - in May I'll be working for a year in this company and I think that is time enough to ask for a raise.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 2:27 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
These last weekends I've been writing down the chronicles of our RPG group, which took quite a while. As a result, I have been neglecting my blog, which keeps piling up short notes that I use to make whenever something more or less remarkable happens. I should now have blog contents ready for the coming months...

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 42317 - The Numerologist's introduction
PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 10:17 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
I've been on leave (from my job) for a few days. In fact, I wanted to take a whole week off but I was asked to come back on Friday because one of our new employees had suddenly decided she didn't want to work with us anymore, so my holidays were abruptly over.

What happened? One week before my leave she began working for our company and it was planned that her boyfriend would also start the following month. As soon as I was away they had a serious argument and split - and, unwilling to see each other again anytime soon, both decided not to work with us because none of them knew that the respective other was also withdrawing. Sigh...

But that wasn't all. On Wednesday my replacement driver A received a Panasonic TV-set but he could not deliver it because there was no delivery note included, Panasonic customer service had forgotten to send us the necessary data. The adressee thus refused to accept the TV-set because he needs the delivery note for his book-keeping and the TV-set was returned to the depot where it was to stay until the data for the delivery note would be transmitted.
On Thursday the depot, for reasons unimaginable to me, gave the TV-set to my replacement driver B although there was still no delivery note. Driver B, lacking experience, still took the TV-set and... well, what? We're not sure. He delivered the TV-set, but to whom is a mystery. Of course someone signed for it, but the name is unknown to anyone in the shop where the TV-set actually belongs, so it is practically lost.
When I came on Friday I found the delivery note in my folder, I guess it was sent on Thursday afternoon, but there was no TV-set to be found anywhere.
Disposition and delivery data suggest that it was driver B who gave the TV-set away to some unknown person: every driver has a tour number and all documents bear his number, but driver B says this was a setup, i.e. somebody wanted to frame him, he hadn't done anything with that TV-set.

I sure hope he's not trying to rescue his skin by playing dumb, as evidence is strongly against him. I wouldn't suspect that he stole the TV-set and faked a signature (the name being one of Germany's top ten names), but I'd say he'd be capable to make a mistake like that: The shop owner again rejected the TV-set because B had no delivery note. B has a tendency to being impatient so maybe he gave the TV-set to some neighbor in order to get it out of the van, out of the way, hoping that the neighbor would just dump the set on the shop owner whether he needed a delivery note or not (B has no love for such formalities). The neighbor, again, might have given a false name in order to get a 42' flat screen for free.

Am I cursed? Whenever I'm gone from anywhere for a little time things tend to get chaotic, something goes wrong. But no, I'm not cursed. The "problem" is that I am one of the most reliable people in the company. Once I take a leave the lesser reliable and motivated need to do my work - and trouble ensues. Currently I am involved in trying to find out where that TV-set has disappeared to, but I think we'll remain in the dark unless B comes out of his closet.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group