Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Pick!!
Poll ended at May 15th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Shiawase 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Shiki no uta 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: OP&ED 3rdROUND #5: Bôbobo ED vs Samurai Champloo ED
PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 3:11 pm 

------------------------------------ THIRD ROUND----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bôbobo ED “Shiawase”

------------------------------------------VS-----------------------------------------------

Samurai Champloo ED "Shiki No Uta"

Shiawase is a song by Mani Laba. I couldn't find much information on the band, all I know is shiawase translates as "happiness" and that their music is pretty much j-pop.
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a comedy influenced by Japanese manzai humor that uses puns, double-talk, breaking of the fourth wall, non-sexualized cross-dressing, visual gags, and satirical and pop-culture references, which makes its non sequitur humor very specific to Japanese audiences. - From Wikipedia.
--------------------------------------------------------
Shiki No Uta
is a song performed byMinmi. Minmi is a Japanese hip-hop, soca, and reggae musician, as well as a singer-songwriter and record producer. She is the first soca artist from Japan. Since 2007, she has been married to Wakadanna, a member of Japanese reggae group Shōnan no Kaze. She began playing reggae music in Japanese clubs in 1996.Her 2002 debut single, "The Perfect Vision", went on to sell over 500,000 copies.
Samurai Champloo, directed by Shinichirō Watanabe who also directed Cowboy Bebop fame. Samurai Champloo is a samurai series but with some modern elements such as hip hop culture, which reigns through the whole series, just like Jazz did in Cowboy Bebop. The music on the series was produced by the renowned Nujabes, the duo Force of Nature and by Fat Jon. She began playing reggae music in Japanese clubs in 1996. Her 2002 debut single, "The Perfect Vision", went on to sell over 500,000 copies. - From Wikipedia.

Post subject: Re: OP&ED 3rdROUND #5: Bôbobo ED vs Samurai Champloo ED
PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 3:24 pm 
Major Contributor

By now, "Shiawase" has run it's course. Sure, the character designs are cute and everyone's got killer haircuts but in the end, it's the soothing vibes of "Shiki no Uta" and the far superior animation from every angle of character and environment that wins this round.

On a related note, i have fully embraced the belief that true hip hop is dead and can only be found in the works of the past decades and not the present no street cred, auto tuned crap that gets played nonstop at radio stations nowadays so while voting for a hip hop song of the new millenium was a bit of a Should I or Shouldn't I situation, but overall the tune had that smoothness that i needed in place of a high energy punk rock song at this time.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 5:26 pm 

Hip hop dead? good rock is a dying breed as well. Well, I've been listening more to hip hop, trying to find those artists worth listening to: So far I've come to enjoy Common, De la Soul, Madvillain, and the early Kanye West.
G-Core, would you mind recommending a couple of good artists? I like better the chillout relaxed beats with intelligent rapping.

I voted Shiki no Uta, I don't think it's a great song, but Shiawase isn't any better.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 pm 
Post Master

wolfwood wrote:
I like better the chillout relaxed beats with intelligent rapping.

Classified is alright. Most of the hip-hop I listen to isn't relaxed at all. It's relaxing to me, though.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:08 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Classified is alright.
Thanks for the recommendation Mmsven. That was very listenable. I'll definitely look into more of Classified's music.

Mmsven wrote:
Most of the hip-hop I listen to isn't relaxed at all. It's relaxing to me, though.
Haha, I see what you mean there.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 7:25 pm 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
G-Core, would you mind recommending a couple of good artists? I like better the chillout relaxed beats with intelligent rapping.

They're not exactly chillout but i enjoy N.W.A. and Notorious B.I.G. primarily. I would never listen to Vanilla Ice or MC Hammer again, they're both disgraces to the hip hop name, one is a fake and the other was more of a dancer, and they're one hit wonders. Just about the only one hit wonder rapper that still appeals to me is Sir Mix-a-Lot aka the guy who sang about big butts maybe because of that quality he loves so much.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2011, 12:47 am 

G-Core wrote:
They're not exactly chillout but i enjoy N.W.A. and Notorious B.I.G. primarily.
I've listened to Notorius B.I.G before, he was good. Not to NWA, I'll give them a try.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2011, 7:06 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
I've listened to Notorius B.I.G before, he was good. Not to NWA, I'll give them a try.

I haven't heard much of the works of A Tribe Called Quest but the one song i have heard by them called "Award Tour" has a bit of smooth chillness to it, hope that helps.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 12:50 am 

Thanks again G-Core.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2011, 11:22 am 
Resident Scholar

I long for happiness - "Shiawase".