Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Vote!!!
Poll ended at May 8th, 2011, 1:44 pm
Guns 'n Roses 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Cruel Angel Thesis 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: OP&ED 3rdROUND #3: Baccano! OP vs NGE OP
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 1:44 pm 

------------------------------------ THIRD ROUND----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baccano! OP “Guns & Roses"

------------------------------------------VS-----------------------------------------------

NGE OP "Cruel Angel Thesis"

Guns 'n Roses is a song by Paradise Lunch, an all-female jazz band that fusions jazz with rock and soul. They became famous after their song Guns 'n Roses was chosen as the OP for Baccano. Most of their fans are anime fans as well. They've already released an album. There is not much information on them but you can listen to some of their music on Last.fm
Baccano! is an action-packed murder mystery of the 1930s in America which involves a pair of insane -yet highly succesful- serial robbers, civil war in the mafia, blood-thirsty cults dressed in white, immortals from the 1700s, and above all, alchemists. Whether taking place in the gold mines of California or the mafia-infested New York, aboard the haunted Flying Pussyfoot in 1932 or a lonely ship at sea in 1711, this fast-paced series links countless characters and a myriad of plots simultaneously under the single name of Baccano, an Italian word meaning "ruckus". Presented in no particular order, nevertheless chronologically, Baccano! leaves the viewers to put this story together themselves.
- taken from Anime-source.com.
--------------------------------------------------------
Zaankoku na tenshi no thesis , or Zankoku na Tenshi no Tēze Japanese, is a song performed by Yoko Takahashi, but credit goes also to: Neko Oikawa (lyrics), Hidetoshi Satō (composition), and Toshiyuki Ōmori (arrangement).
Neon Genesis Evangelion needs no introduction, a cult anime series from Gainax, directed by the renown Hideki Anno
. People either love it hate it to death. Just in case, NGE, it's an intellectually compelling series about humanity defending Earth with giant mecha from invaders.

Post subject: Re: OP&ED 3rdROUND #3: Baccano! OP vs NGE OP
PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 1:54 pm 
Major Contributor

By now it's no secret that i'm the biggest Eva fan on this board so of course my vote goes to "Cruel Angel's Thesis". The catchiness of the melody and lyrics mixed with the graphic imagery which is now dated but back then was the bomb makes for a memorable experience.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 2:46 pm 

I have to admit that Cruel Angel Thesis is a legendary score in the anime fandom realms and as the great leitmotif that it is every time I listen to it I remember my times in High School when a friend lent me this series that would convert me into Japanese culture.
However I have to be objective here and when listening to both songs I have to go with the Baccano OP, it's a little more engaging and enjoyable as well.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 6:09 pm 
Post Master

I don't think anyone would care about that funky Jpop song if it weren't for it being the OP of Evangelion. I have no attachment to Evangelion, I tried to trudge through it again recently and it sucked just as much balls as it always has.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 10:03 pm 
Lurker

A tough choice on this one, but I went with Guns & Roses....

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 6:50 am 
Resident Scholar

I'll go with "Guns 'n' Roses". With a heavy heart, somehow, but I think it's the better piece.

Mmsven wrote:
I don't think anyone would care about that funky Jpop song if it weren't for it being the OP of Evangelion.

"Zankoku-na Tenshi" is not a run-of-the-mill JPop song. Let's forget it's attachment to Evangelion, it has a distinct style that's just not the usual JPop receipe.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 1:25 pm 
Major Contributor

The one thing that always seems to impair my judgment whenever Baccano is on the list is the fact that the link doesn't work for me due to it being blocked in my country. I did watch it directly from the site yesterday and it does look very grandiose in it's character designs and the jazzy beat. Also, my fanatic sense of dedication to Eva could be another factor in the judgment impairment field.

From now on, i have to watch Baccano OP directly from Youtube and not from the link which keeps me from seeing the sequence of events in order to make the better and clearer decision next time around.