Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Which will you pick now?
Poll ended at May 1st, 2011, 7:09 pm
Hit in America 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Kiri 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: OP&ED 3rdROUND #1: BECK OP vs Ergo Proxy OP
PostPosted: April 24th, 2011, 7:09 pm 

------------------------------------ THIRD ROUND----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad OP “Hit in America”

------------------------------------------VS-----------------------------------------------

Ergo Proxy OP "Kiri"

Hit in America is a song composed by Beat Crusaders, a Japanese Rock/Punk/Pop band that were together since 1997 until 2010 when they disbanded. They were fairly popular in Japan and gained even more popularity now at an international level after they produced the OP for the animated adaptation of Harold Sakuishi's manga: BECK.
Sakuishi, by the way, is a a huge fan of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers. Besides music he is also very interested in wrestling and baseball, which can be seen in his works. Works that have won him several awards.
BECK tells the story of the young members of a Japanese rock band trying to make an impression in the seven headed beast that is the music scene.

Kiri is a song composed by Monoral, a 2 member Japanese Rock band formed in 2001. The lead singer of the band speaks fluently 4 languages: Japanese, English, French and Arabic, and has a varied resume raging from mtv show host, modeling and supporting musician for other bands. That's why no Engrish can be found in their music.
Ergo Proxy is a science fiction thriller full of philosophical undertones that narrates the story of a post-apocalyptic world where a female inspector is given the task of solving a case of serial murders.

Post subject: Re: OP&ED 3rdROUND #1: BECK OP vs Ergo Proxy OP
PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm 
Resident Scholar

"Kiri" and its animation have a greater artistic magnitude to them than the merely somewhat entertaining "Hit in America", and I never liked the BECK Anime to begin with.

PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 9:47 pm 
Major Contributor

Point taken, i don't think i would like BECK if i watched it though the song remains catchy. "Kiri" earns my vote here for being more wondrous and mystical in it's world rock execution and sporting more quality animation from character designs and environmental than the gods of perfection would usually allow.

PostPosted: April 28th, 2011, 12:26 am 

I voted for Kiri as well, overall it's the better song, not to mention the opening sequence is pretty cool. The direction on BECK's OP is very good but the song is not as good.
I think I have to agree with you guys on BECK not being that good of an anime series, however, the manga is excellent!!Read Manga people!!! :D