Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 8:15 am


All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hi ppl
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 4:23 am 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Hi I'm moonunit and I'm glad to see the forum open 8) Been at animetric for about 1.5 years and I am continuing to visit every so often. I have been into anime for almost all my life, I can't remember what the first anime show I watched was but the first ever anime movie I watched was Princess Mononoke when I was 10, yay for blood and gore :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 11:14 am 
Offline
Resident Admin
User avatar

Joined: March 11th, 2007, 11:19 am
Posts: 2452
Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Hey Moonunit, welcome to the forum.

Princess Mononoke was a great choice for your first movie, especially if you saw it when you were ten 8)

_________________
Animetric Owner and Reviewer | My Anime List
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 11:45 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
In fact, many people left as soon as I came back. Coincidence? I think not.

Don't imagine your impact being more unbearable than it actually is.
Spaz and Caiobrz had difficulties that led to them cancelling each other out, but there were dialogues hinting at a problem and Caiobrz later told me in a PM that they had some rather destructive communication behind the forum scenes.
To my current knowledge, unless you tell me otherwise, there have been no visible hints at brooding conflict between you and Angel, nor any other person, and I am not convinced that she would just run away like that. I'd rather suppose she has more urgent things taking away her time, or she has come to the conclusion that this forum does not meet her communicative needs due to the low number of contributors.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
Don't imagine your impact being more unbearable than it actually is.
Spaz and Caiobrz had difficulties that led to them cancelling each other out, but there were dialogues hinting at a problem and Caiobrz later told me in a PM that they had some rather destructive communication behind the forum scenes.
To my current knowledge, unless you tell me otherwise, there have been no visible hints at brooding conflict between you and Angel, nor any other person, and I am not convinced that she would just run away like that. I'd rather suppose she has more urgent things taking away her time, or she has come to the conclusion that this forum does not meet her communicative needs due to the low number of contributors.

It was a joke, but I did have a feud with Caiobrz because that guy was a dick. Looks like I'm not the only person who thought so. Too bad that back when we were verbally assaulting each other that I couldn't keep my cool like I could now.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 5:18 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
I did have a feud with Caiobrz because that guy was a dick.

:sweat:
Some personalities are clearly less compatible than others... he never did anything to provoke me, though, not even something of a kind of which I would have had to think "Oh I'm sure he didn't mean it that way" to retain harmony.

But: As long as there is is one other person left I shall stay with this forum.
I just hope that future work responsibilities will not sabotage my intention.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 10:04 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
:sweat:
Some personalities are clearly less compatible than others...

I don't see how difference of personalities equates to him offensively criticizing me for not spending weeks of my life researching buddhism before I write a small paragraph of my opinion (which was mostly positive) about Haibane Renmei in a general thread on an obscure anime forum. Then that piece of shit kept responding trying to justify that because his tiny head couldn't comprehend him being wrong.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
I don't see how difference of personalities equates to him offensively criticizing me for not spending weeks of my life researching buddhism before I write a small paragraph of my opinion (...).

Well, I have to guess that he was into details... a little more than actually necessary it seems. I think I remember the Haibane Renmei discussion... hm yeah, you people were pretty much at each others' throats. :sweat:
So, if such arguments do not spring from differences in personality, where do they come from?

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 25th, 2011, 4:34 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
Well, I have to guess that he was into details... a little more than actually necessary it seems. I think I remember the Haibane Renmei discussion... hm yeah, you people were pretty much at each others' throats. :sweat:
So, if such arguments do not spring from differences in personality, where do they come from?

I guess it did come from differences of personality. He just has a shitty personality.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 6:51 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
He just has a shitty personality.

He sure could come across offensive in a fit of pedantry. :sweat:
You on the other hand easily go ballistic as you easily feel treated like an idiot.
It could be said that caiobrz managed to press the wrong buttons and I assume that your launch button is bigger than average. :D

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 7:02 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
You on the other hand easily go ballistic as you easily feel treated like an idiot.
It could be said that caiobrz managed to press the wrong buttons and I assume that your launch button is bigger than average. :D

I'm more calm then you think. Maybe not 2-3 years ago, but now most of the time I'm writing and swearing about anime, it's in jest. I crack myself up sometimes.

But not when I was writing about Shadow Skill.

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 7:10 pm 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
most of the time I'm writing and swearing about anime, it's in jest.

Wow, you're fast.
Jest or not is difficult to decide in a written medium, but of course I have no reason to doubt you.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 7:14 pm 
Offline
Post Master

Joined: March 18th, 2007, 4:11 am
Posts: 1512
Location: British Columbia, Canada
42317 wrote:
Wow, you're fast.
Jest or not is difficult to decide in a written medium, but of course I have no reason to doubt you.

I don't know how anyone could take this seriously:
Quote:
Crescent Kingdom is a pile of donkey dicks covered in horse shit

_________________
Myanimelist.net List


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hi ppl
PostPosted: April 28th, 2011, 6:25 am 
Offline
Resident Scholar
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2007, 7:57 am
Posts: 4121
Location: Trier, Germany
Mmsven wrote:
I don't know how anyone could take this seriously:
Quote:
Crescent Kingdom is a pile of donkey dicks covered in horse shit

Hahaha... we've known for a while that you had a faible for, uh, colorful metaphor. :P2:
I assume you mean what you say (e.g. "Crescent Kingdom is not recommendable under any circumstances"), so I rather thought that while you were intuitively using hilarious wording you never actually meant to be funny, just a little less offensive. The way you put it now I seem to stand corrected.

_________________
42317
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group