Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nichijou
PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 9:12 am 

Spring anime ahoy! Discussing this series is likely not to go anywhere so why not just have a weekly talk about the funny stuff you liked or something?

Nichijou despite its name(meaning something along the lines of ordinary life, or the 'everyday' of it or something) is a slice of life(quite literally slices) anime of the everyday lives of a bunch of schoolgirls, a robot and the professor that built her along with whoever else gets in the way. The anime being adapted from a 4koma series has the episode divided into slices of shorts with their own jokes, hence following the format and somewhat fitting 'slice of life' rather literally. Toe launching and mega explosions involved.

Jokes range from the completely outlandish and bizarre to the most hilariously exaggerated stuff(most epic(ly hilarious) scene of trying to catch a dropping weiner ever). Haven't laughed so hard in a while.

If I had to compare it to something, I'd say its similar to Azumanga Daioh. Except a whole lot more bizarre, strange and comedy focused. The jokes are kinda founded on their own merit based on the scenes involved rather than relying on obscure anime references making it easy to warm up to unlike Lucky Star.

Something I'm definitely gonna ride with for the season.