Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Anime You Couldn't Finish Watching!
PostPosted: December 24th, 2010, 12:29 pm 
Resident Scholar

And the comatose thread bursts back into life! :P2:
I'll jump on the bandwagon and add "Kuroshitsuji" ("The Black Butler"?), although I'm sure I already mentioned my dislike somewhere else. Too gothic, too much Shôtacon imho, although I must say that I liked some of the presented notions.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm 
Resident Scholar

Nyoro~n Churuya-san. Boring as hell, looks like it was drawn by some lazy fanboy.
It's a spin-off of Suzumiya Haruhi, focussing on a chibi-style Tsuruya-san mostly looking for smoked cheese. As much as I like cheese, the visuals are horribly simple, the characters only differ in dress and haircut, and the only positive trait are the voice actors of the original show.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2011, 7:09 am 

Kurohitsuji is one of those series(Vampire Knight included) that I wouldn't dare to touch with a 10 foot long pole. From a mile away I could sorta see it being one of those shows catered to fujoshi and only fujoshi. Its like... male repelling. Thats the way I see it anyway. For girls to cash in on their butler fetishes.

Churuya was like a series of 4komas did by some dude online and it escalated into meme status for reasons unknown. Churuya is nothing like Tsuruya and I have no idea how the hell smoked cheese even came into all this. But since Haruhi was like 'the big thing', they cashed in on everything they could and we got Nyoro~n Churuya-san animated. Being the massive stoner that I am, I think I did manage to watch most if not all of it. Its pretty damn short after all. Although its definitely not because I enjoyed it particularly or that it was any good. I've finished shows I've enjoyed less that were longer. I would definitely have stopped watching Blood+ if I had anything else better to do at the time...

The Haruhi-chan shorts though I found a lot more amusing. If only for Achakura and the green balloon dog(whose name escapes me).

===

I guess Gravion is one of those shows I couldn't stand. It contained everything I would have liked but somehow was executed so poorly. Also the purple haired main pilot dude was a fag. Anyway it had over dramatic super robots, girls + boobs + fanservice and general over the top ridiculousness(Godannar had those and I loved Godannar). But somehow fell flat on its face even with JAM Project singing at its fight scenes. Like the characters just weren't hot blooded enough or something, everything just sorta lacked impact somehow and nothing came through. I kinda just decided it wasn't worth watching after a few episodes(can't remember how many even).

PostPosted: February 27th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Resident Scholar

Another one down the Drain: I'S OVAs.
I couldn't stand more than one episode... does this series as a whole consist of anything else but highlighted misunderstandings and wanna-be rapists? I'm coming to the opinion that Katsura Masakazu should be so honest as to have made it an original Hentai storyline to begin with. If it's Hentai I don't care much what happens, but this way the atmosphere is just too tainted to enjoy it as a romantic story. The two genres just don't mix well.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 2:00 am 
Lurker

Oh, My Goddess. I just got annoyed by the thing and quit. :P

PostPosted: March 6th, 2011, 10:21 pm 

rory_okane wrote:
Oh, My Goddess. I just got annoyed by the thing and quit. :P
Haha, I started watching the series once as well... failed to complete the series, I just couldn't force myself to watch it anymore. I found it boring, despite all the positive reviews and comments.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 1:24 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Tenchi Muyo GXP was one series that I stopped after watching the first disc. Where's the Tenchi charm/magic in this series?!? It's gone, of course, but we replaced it with the wackiness of Excel Saga!!! Hell, let's throw in some furries while were at it! ARGH. I can't believe I blew $21 for this piece of shit at the Canon City Hastings. :evil:

Trinity Blood is another series I cannot continue watching. It's pretty much a mix of Trigun, Hellsing and Final Fantasy... but is completely devoid of anything interesting...

I'm also gonna include Gravion because it was just..."meh" at best. Though a friend of mine wanted me to watch this series because he's a huge mecha fan, but the show didn't interest me enough to watch it, even if it had both mechs and fanservice, which the latter can be rather annoying at times.

Black Cat is guilty for this crime. While the story had SO much potential, this could have been a great series, but the animation was too choppy, the humor was more annoying than funny and the bishi-ness of the male characters REALLY put me off. And I've read that there was supposed to be a T. rex named Flora in this series too, which really sucks that she had not appeared any sooner before I lost interest in the series! :mad2:

Mushi-shi puts me to sleep because of its soothing nature rather than its slow pace. Lost interest in Eden of the East because it was too ordinary for my tastes. Almost finished Darker Than Black, but I stopped watching it because it was just becoming too mediocre, which is not a good thing at all.

42317 wrote:
I'll jump on the bandwagon and add "Kuroshitsuji" ("The Black Butler"?), although I'm sure I already mentioned my dislike somewhere else. Too gothic, too much Shôtacon imho, although I must say that I liked some of the presented notions.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Kurohitsuji is one of those series(Vampire Knight included) that I wouldn't dare to touch with a 10 foot long pole. From a mile away I could sorta see it being one of those shows catered to fujoshi and only fujoshi. Its like... male repelling. Thats the way I see it anyway. For girls to cash in on their butler fetishes.

Strongly agree with both of you. It's a good thing that I haven't watched either of those series and you pretty much summed up what Black Butler is in a nutshell.

And Vampire Lund is so, SO wrong in many levels. It's the kind of stuff marketed towards pedophiles, which is the reason why I think lolicon damages the reputation of anime industry and the Japanese culture itself. Not to get off topic, but I just wanna give my two cents on the issue. That's all.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 8:14 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
Lost interest in Eden of the East because it was too ordinary for my tastes.

Higashi no Eden is nothing I need to watch again any time soon but it has some interesting points and realistic notions about technical developments in the near future.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 9:58 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
Lost interest in Eden of the East because it was too ordinary for my tastes.

Higashi no Eden is nothing I need to watch again any time soon but it has some interesting points and realistic notions about technical developments in the near future.

I guess I'll give it some credit for something. The details of Washington D.C. are almost dead-on, which shows that a lot of talent and research was put into this series.

I've thought of another one that I couldn't watch all the way through. Death Note. I've only watched the first three episodes of it and stopped. In spite of the huge amount of praise, I just couldn't make myself watch it. It just didn't trip my trigger and I'm kinda glad I stopped too. Not to sound like a goddamn hipster, but it was just too mainstream for my tastes and I have a feeling that Light was gonna be an annoying bastard with a God complex. And also I've heard that the plot of the show was basically stolen from some fanfic that had the same idea years before. This could be doubtful, but still it would be hilarious if it was true.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 1:40 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
Death Note. I've only watched the first three episodes of it and stopped. In spite of the huge amount of praise, I just couldn't make myself watch it.

Same with me. I saw bits and pieces, never an episode I admit, and I never felt like this was something I needed to watch.